5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect feel good summer tune
One of the best ever funky dance tunes. So good that after one listen you'll be thinking "I've loved this tune for years". Great 70s style strings and brass riffs, catchy vocal. Similar in mood to Spiller Groovejet. Ever since I heard it I'm a different person.
Published on 30 Jun 2004 by I Am Tyler Durden

3.0 out of 5 stars Lola's Theme
I'd never heard of this record until recently, and the reason for the purchase was because our lovely 3-year old grand-daughter is called Lola.
The record is OK, but I wouldn't have bought it otherwise - not really my kind of music - although it might grow on me the more I hear it.
The service, price and speed of delivery was fantastic though!
Published on 15 May 2009 by YvonneW

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect feel good summer tune, 30 Jun 2004
I Am Tyler Durden (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best dance tracks in years, 14 July 2004
Tony Jackson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lola's Theme (Audio CD)
Half way through an already top night out at Easter a riff from this track started to work its way through to everyone on the dance floor - and as it grew into the original vocal-free version the club simply went mad. I gather this was a hit at this year's Miami DJ convention and that should be no surprise. Since that night I have seen the impact of this track on clubbers at many London venues - it is just AMAZING. They clearly have felt the need to add the vocal - which is OK-only . But nothing can stop this from being the must buy dance track of the year and genuinely one of the best (certainly top 10) I've experienced. First class.

4.0 out of 5 stars We've been hearing it for ages, and now it's here!, 1 Aug 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Lola's Theme (Audio CD)
We've been hearing it for ages and this tune is finally here for us to have a boogie to!
This is a great summer anthem and has even inspired a daft drunken dance on my behalf! The first three tracks sound quite similar, and the other two put a different take on the track. I think an instrumental version of the song would have been fab, but beggars can't be choosers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Lola's Theme (Audio CD)
Really great music track that I have been chasing for a good while.

Arrived in excellent condition and I am very pleased with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lola's Theme, 15 May 2009
YvonneW (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lola's Theme (Audio CD)
The service, price and speed of delivery was fantastic though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Groovejet my arse!!, 1 April 2008
This review is from: Lola's Theme (Audio CD)
Lola's Theme is an absolute classic, and comparing it to Spiller's Groovejet is sacrilege. Spiller's are good for one thing, and that's dogfood, although listening to Sophie Ellis Bextor's vocals - we're back on the subject of dogfood again. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuinely soulful dance monster, 13 July 2004
russell clarke "stipesdoppleganger" (halifax, west yorks) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Lola's Theme (Audio CD)
Lolas theme has been compared relentlessly, indeed on these very pages, to Groovejets hit of....whenever that was a hit. Both are on the Positiva label but there for me the comparison ends. That was a very fine pop/dance hybrid but this is a genuine dance monster that, ll have your skeleton jigging five minutes before your fleshy carapace catches up.
It has huge swathes of those shimmery strings that all the really fantastic dance tracks have. On the extended re-mixes it takes about two minutes before the melody kicks in but this build up is executed with tantalising grace. But the real coup de grace is the exquisite brass arrangement that gives the track a truly soulful feel that elevates it above mere dance floor hedonism, not that there is anything wrong with that, and propels it into the territory of homogeneous emotional euphoria.
The vocal mixes are terrific, for the full effect the extended mix is far superior, but the simple extended mix without the belting vocals is actually the best as it allows the wonderful arrangement to take centre stage where it truly belongs. Coming soon to a dance floor near you. Just don, t embarrass yourself like I'm likely to.

5.0 out of 5 stars .....dance anthem of the summer??, 15 July 2004
This review is from: Lola's Theme (Audio CD)
....if you've been out to a halfway decent club since april this year - you will have heard this track - since the first time i heard it it didn't just get into my head - it got into my bloodstream and then through the brain.....and hasn't gone away.
very euphoric, uplifting, and i totally agree that it has the effect that Spiller's track did in 2000. Not overly keen on the radio version of it - but there are enough mixes on here to satisfy.....
definately a keeper this one.......

5.0 out of 5 stars CRAZY!, 17 July 2004
This review is from: Lola's Theme (Audio CD)
This track (main mix) is absolutly crazy and brings you in a special state of mind! This is a must!!!

Lola's Theme
Lola's Theme by Shapeshifters (Audio CD - 2004)