VINE VOICEon 10 December 2004
I bought the first DVD, My Gaff My Rules and was a bit unsure of this one. They are both live stand up shows and the content could have been very similiar. Was I wrong, can't remember a single gag shared with either. Al Murray is a very funny guy and has a unique view on life through his character 'the pub landlord'. Shame that they haven't released time gentlemen please.
on 7 January 2005
You cannot help but laugh at Al Murray's fantastic creation - the pub landlord. His debut DVD "My gaff, my rules" was fantastic and he has duly followed it up with another evening of unrivalled entertainment. With extensive audience contribution as part of the show, Murray must rely on his wit and quick thinking to provide amusing jokes, yet he does it beautifully. He uses great put-downs to put the audience members in their place and passionately declares his opinions on the french, Shakespeare and the genius that is "British thinking". His one dimensional viewpoint is hilarious and you could never grow tired of "the guv'nor".
Though Murray plays a landlord seemingly short on brains and consideration you cannot help but admire his razor sharp wit and fantastic ability to tell jokes. He is an entertainer and is worthy of a five star rating, yet again, in this latest DVD. Most definitely worth buying.
on 3 May 2006
This was the first time I've seen Al Murray do live stand up, and he is now one of my favourites.

His humour is quite unique, you don't get teh feeling that he is just ripping off someone else's earlier work. His cracks at the Americans, Australians, French, etc.. are hilarious, and at the same time inspire a strange sort of patriotism!

His humour is not at all subtle, (espesially when he starts to compare the british and the americans) but there is never a point where you feel it was too much.

All in all a great DVD, from a great comedian.
on 17 January 2005
I saw that this was a 'new' DVD from Al Murray, so after buying his last DVD, being a fan of the TV Show and seeing him live I was very excited about this DVD.
When I watched it was I was little bit dissappointed as it was filmed in 1999 - if you are expecting a DVD of his latest tour "Giving it both barrels" then you will be mistaken.
A great show all round..!
on 2 June 2005
I first heard about Al Murray at the Variety Performance 2003, where he was talking about the English win in the Rugby. As soon as I herad about this DVD, as well as "My Gaff...", I decided I had to get them. In the DVD, he excells. Making remarks at Americans, Schumacher, women drinking lager and, of course, the French. Hearing his take on the world is a breath of fresh air, saying we won WW2 without any help, due to the bouncing bomb. He also takes on a "Derren Brown" role, bullying audience members into doing waht he wants them to do. The only problems I found were the lack of additional features, containing only a commantry, and the fact it was recorded in 2000, thus containing lots of topical jokes.
All in all, however, a very good comic, but not for everyone.
on 6 December 2004
What can I say?...The man Al Murray is a genius and he's absolutely fantastic...I'm fairly patriotic, well, mostly about sport, but...I love patriotic comedy characters and he does the pub landlord to perfection...BUY BUY BUY!!
on 1 December 2005
My Gaff My Rules ....erm Rules
It is 100% sure fire sawn off shot gun blast comedy.
This is not nearly as good but from the other reviewers you'd think it was.
It's shorter and Al Murray is not firing on all cylinders on this performance. It's like he just turned up that night to get the money. It is funny but just not in comparision to the 1st live DVD so I felt let down and disappointed.
I had to downgrade the stars rating (I'd really give it 3 or 4 whereas My Gaff I'd give 5) so that it pulled the average below the better previous one.
Let's hope his new one ("Live - 2005") is back to that same quality.
This one isn't terrible but I won't be playing it again whereas the first one is a tour de force and I definitely will watch that one over and over and over again..
on 17 August 2005
In this age of political correctness Al Murray takes a refreshing, if not predictable pot shot at the French, Americans, students and the Guardian reading, Volvo driving, Sainsbury shopping, sandel wearing brigade of the chattering classes. If you want a laugh at the end of a tough day at work this is a tonic! His end piece where he attempts to sing 'and I think to myself' has you singing along with you only wishing it was 'Land of Hope and Glory' as you set sail from Southampton Docks in the early 20th century. Enjoy!!
on 24 March 2012
This Dvd showcases Al Murray at his comedy best!

Full of hilarious jokes this dvd will have you in stiches.

Dvd was sent very quickly and was in condition as decribed.

Have had no problems whatsoever and fully recommend this to any fans of Al or any comedy fans.

A* Quality!
on 24 January 2005
Al Murray whilst being mad and anarcic has also produced a well thought through look at why the British are best! His interaction with the audience leaves you in fear of seeing him live. Not one for those who don't like bad language, but definately worth watching if you don't mind and you want a really good laugh.