5.0 out of 5 stars SAFE SCISSORS FOR TINY HANDS

- first they are very well made, no rough edges, study and nice and colourful

- we had no problems cutting through standard plain paper with ease

Published on 19 May 2009 by Crafty Marie

1.0 out of 5 stars They just don't work
Had they not been so cheap i would have sent them back for a refund. A fundamental function of scissors is that they cut! I can barely use these, much less my children (they are young, but why else would you buy plastic scissors?)
Published on 16 Nov. 2009 by MakkaPakka

5.0 out of 5 stars SAFE SCISSORS FOR TINY HANDS, 19 May 2009
Crafty Marie "mariej30" (Cambs) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I was so impressed with these scissors:

- first they are very well made, no rough edges, study and nice and colourful

- we had no problems cutting through standard plain paper with ease

- extremely safe, no metal, no sharp pieces and they only cut paper. I examined them very well before I let my daughter have them and was pleased to see just how safe they were.

- one pair cuts straight lines and the second zig-zags which my daughter really likes

- amazingly good value

I have to say they're the best toddler scissors I've managed to find. Excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for toddlers!, 8 Jun. 2009
Sellie (Banbury, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crayola Plastic Scissors (Pack of 2) (Toy)
My 2 year old was desperate for a pair of scissors especially as he is a fan of Mister Maker. This was a great purchase! He was so excited when he opened them. After some initial guidance he is using them all by himself and they work really well. Very pleased with the quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars They just don't work, 16 Nov. 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2 year old loves it, 10 July 2009
R. Sagoo (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crayola Plastic Scissors (Pack of 2) (Toy)
As the title says, my 2-year loves her pair of scissors. She was frustrated with them at first but a day of her trying and us teaching her she was running around ready to cut anything she could - so be warned! but luckily they will only cut paper or thin card, it's a great for creative learning and coordination.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for a 3 year old, 17 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Crayola Plastic Scissors (Pack of 2) (Toy)
These are very good for my soon to be 3 year old. They cut paper very well and he enjoys usimg them. Would recommend to a friend,

4.0 out of 5 stars These safety scissors actually cut!, 4 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Crayola Plastic Scissors (Pack of 2) (Toy)
My 3 year old son loves cutting at the moment. He trys to cut lots of things, but fortunately these scissors only cut paper and card. One pair does straight edge and the other does zig zag cutting. He finds them really easy to use and they are great for learning. Great value and a good quality product.

5.0 out of 5 stars time to myself, 5 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Crayola Plastic Scissors (Pack of 2) (Toy)
Its great for the kids to create their own designs without hurting themselves. very durable and definately worth the money and purchase.
Its great to be left alone without being asked to cut everything. The jagged edge scissors are great for cutting different shapes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Safe and great fun but lasted less than 2 weeks !, 12 Dec. 2013
N. Scherrer - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola Plastic Scissors (Pack of 2) (Toy)
I bought this item for daughter as the nursery told me she loves cutting paper and I was a bit worried about using regular scissors.
I bought them because it said they were safe, although I must have not read the description very well, as I didn't realise they were plastic.
However, when they first arrived I was really impressed to see that they were 100% made of plastic (i.e. completely safe) but still cut as well as normal scissors (only 1 sheet of regular paper). My little one was delighted and on we went cutting magazines and sheets of paper for at least an hour.
However, after an hour of use (and I have to say a fair amount of abuse you can expect from a toddler), I realised that the zigzag scissor was ripping rather than cutting paper. I thought this was due to my daughter's poor technique (not holding the scissors quite perpendicular to the paper) but when I had a go myself I realised that it was because the pin had got loose, creating a big gap between the blades. I thought I could "screw" it tight again but it doesn't seem to work that way, so that pair of scissors is absolutely useless now.
The straight blade cuts better and after 2 weeks, still seem to be sort of cutting but the blade looks very damaged and it doesn't seem like it will hold out for much longer.
Yes, I know this product was cheap, so I feel like I can't really complain. But I was expecting more than 1 use (for one of the scissors) or 2 weeks (for the other pair).
I'm back to looking again and like other users I think I will go back to metal scissors.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 6 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Crayola Plastic Scissors (Pack of 2) (Toy)
Bought these for my young sons to allow them to get the hang of scissors with a reduced risk of cuts. They seem like an excellent idea - nice rounded tips, etc, and are robust. But do they cut? Well, the straight bladed pair sort of cut - once in a while, with a great deal of effort from an adult (me), but in the hands of a 3 year old are impossible to use. The crimping (zig-zag) pair are absolutely hopeless, and kind of mash the paper, rather than cut. All in all a huge disappointment, despite the brand (Crayola).

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 20 Jun. 2013
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola Plastic Scissors (Pack of 2) (Toy)
My daughter loves having her own pair of scissors, despite the fact that she has difficulty using them (though I wonder how long that will last)

they don't work reliably, creasing the paper far too often rather than cutting it
I suspect the pin is a fraction too loose (difficult to make it too tight without breaking the plastic) which allows the scissors to flex apart

the plastic itself is fine and great colours

Would not buy again nor recommend

shame

Crayola Plastic Scissors (Pack of 2)