Style Name: 8/First Markers|Change
Price:£3.42+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 31 December 2010
These are good markers for kids to use. There are many colours and are easy to open/close. The beauty about Crayola is that they designed this range to be easily washable, and hence we have no concerns when my daughter starts drawing on her hands/feet or clothes because it all washes away nicely. We have used these marker pens until I found another range (from Crayola too) which is called the Crayola Pip-Squeaks - Mini Markers. These come with 14 markers/colours (maybe too many), are a great value but more importantly are smaller and more of the appropriate size for the toddlers' small hands and fingers (as well as for putting in a bag and using them on the go). My daughter can control these markers much better.
So, the markers in this page are good, but I prefer the Crayola Pip-Squeaks - Mini Markers. Check these before making up your mind.
22 comments|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 November 2008
These pens are fantastic. My little boy is 2 and he has no trouble with these. We gave up on crayons and pencils as all he wanted to do was chew on them when teething but he has never tried that with these. The tips are pads and not actually pen nibs which means when he stabs onto paper it causes no damage unlike nibbed pens where the nib would disappear inside. The best thing of all though - superwashable. It doesnt matter how much he gets on his hands or other surfaces, this ink wipes off very easily using baby wipes or just soap and water. I tried a supermarkets own brand of these and regretted it as struggled to wash the ink from his hands. He can get lids off easily and they provide hours of fun for him and easy for us to join in and teach him colours, shapes, numbers, letters - whatever you want really. If I have one niggle its with the shape. Would be better if they could make a shape where they wouldnt keep rolling off table, but that's a minor niggle and I may apply elastic bands to help prevent this.
These work well. They are brightly coloured and easy to use. My little girl loved them as she didn't need to press down hard like she had to with crayons - they were a much easier first drawing implement. We have found that they are also definitely washable provided you wash the affected item of clothing straight away.

The only downside we have found is that the nibs do not stick out very far. We have had to packets of these and found this with both packets. This means that the child has to hold the pen more upright than they old have to normally.

But overall, a good purchase. We've had lots of fun with them.

Recommended.
on 26 February 2016
My 16 month old loves drawing but is constantly smashing all his colouring pens nib down and ruining them. I had a search for alternatives one day and found these.

As the pens have a flat nib he can't break them and they work well with nice colours. They are washable - I havnt had any problems so far, and when my son is sat in his highchair colouring, any pen he has cotton on the plastic has also wiped off with ease.

My only negative comment is that the packet is all in a foreign language, which doesn't bother me too much but I can't confirm these are washable, read any of the guidance or instructions and it obviously makes it unsuitable if you were buying as a gift.

I hope this review helps! These are a great idea for little ones starting to enjoy drawing :)
review image review image
on 7 October 2013
I was a bit sceptical whether these will be easy to remove from little hands and clothes (!!!) but so far didn't have any problem doing that. Hands could be "washed" even with wet wipe. However, the little one (14 months) thinks it's funny to paint her tongue. I wonder if these are also non-toxic (one would hope so since they are so easy to wash off)... But just in case we are keeping them away from her for the time being.
on 26 March 2010
I was so happy for my little one when these arrived, I promptly sat her in her high chair with some paper and the pens. She was clearly enjoying herself and having fun using them straight away... however as I was doing some house things around her while she used them and watching her scribbling away I did not notice that she had managed to bite the nibs off of FIVE of the pens!!! My attention was soon fully on her as I heard her choking... I got the nib in question out of her mouth and went hunting for the other missing ones, I never found them so I can only presume she managed to swallow them, only god knows what colour the inside of her stomach was that night! I never thought that Crayola could be so irresponsible to label these markers suitable for 12 months + when they are clearly not made robust enough for this age. I was lucky that I got it out of her mouth before she really choked...BE WARNED!!!
1010 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 September 2011
THESE ARE GREAT PENS FOR LITTLE ONES AS IT DOSENT MATTER HOW MUCH MESS THEY MAKE OF THERE HANDS OR CLOTHING IT WASHES OFF VERY EASY.
ONLY DRAW BACK IS THE PENS LIDS ARE VERY HARD FOR LITTLE ONES TO GET OFF BUT THAT MIGHT NOT BE A BAD THING. OVERALL A VERY GOOD PRODUCT AND I WOULD SAY A GREAT STOCKING FILLER.
on 5 March 2009
These pens were bought for my son who is nearly two.Didn't really hold up much hope of the washable bit as these things are rarely true ( i have a sette with a lovely drawing on to prove it) so i was extremly pleased that these lived up to there hype.Fantastic pens , truely washable and great for little tots . Top marks
on 9 November 2013
I bought these markers for my 15 month old daughter and these do precisely what they say. They are easy to hold for tiny hand and they actually do write from every angle. they don't have sharp ends that could injure a toddler, although they do need to be used under supervision.
The thing that I liked the best was that you can easily wipe away the marker from just about any surface other than paper (so be careful if your toddler starts drawing on another book).
My toddler discovered another use for these markers which was to connect one to the other to make a big stick. She enjoys playing with them a lot.
My only issue is that the caps of these markers get lost very easily and hunting them down is a pain when your toddler finds creative ways to hide them
Overall a great price for a great product. Recommended for budding artists.
on 9 January 2009
I made the mistake of letting my 16 month old daughter play with these while we were bothing wearing white so you can guess what happened! After an emergency bath to get the ink off her hands, arms and legs I put our clothes in to soak before washing and by the time I took them out again at bedtime, the stains had gone. Ink easily wipes off tiles and skin.

My daughter would like to add that they taste nice!