4.0 out of 5 stars Good but I found a better alternative
Published on 31 Dec 2010 by Say_what_I_think

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR ONE AND HALF YEAR OLDS, BEWARE!
Published on 26 Mar 2010 by Ms. Heather Muir

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but I found a better alternative, 31 Dec 2010
This review is from: Crayola Beginnings First Markers (8 Pack) (Toy)
These are good markers for kids to use. There are many colours and are easy to open/close. The beauty about Crayola is that they designed this range to be easily washable, and hence we have no concerns when my daughter starts drawing on her hands/feet or clothes because it all washes away nicely. We have used these marker pens until I found another range (from Crayola too) which is called the Crayola Pip-Squeaks - Mini Markers. These come with 14 markers/colours (maybe too many), are a great value but more importantly are smaller and more of the appropriate size for the toddlers' small hands and fingers (as well as for putting in a bag and using them on the go). My daughter can control these markers much better.
So, the markers in this page are good, but I prefer the Crayola Pip-Squeaks - Mini Markers. Check these before making up your mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent starter pens, 20 Nov 2008
P. Wardle "paulinem77" (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crayola Beginnings First Markers (8 Pack) (Toy)
These pens are fantastic. My little boy is 2 and he has no trouble with these. We gave up on crayons and pencils as all he wanted to do was chew on them when teething but he has never tried that with these. The tips are pads and not actually pen nibs which means when he stabs onto paper it causes no damage unlike nibbed pens where the nib would disappear inside. The best thing of all though - superwashable. It doesnt matter how much he gets on his hands or other surfaces, this ink wipes off very easily using baby wipes or just soap and water. I tried a supermarkets own brand of these and regretted it as struggled to wash the ink from his hands. He can get lids off easily and they provide hours of fun for him and easy for us to join in and teach him colours, shapes, numbers, letters - whatever you want really. If I have one niggle its with the shape. Would be better if they could make a shape where they wouldnt keep rolling off table, but that's a minor niggle and I may apply elastic bands to help prevent this.

5.0 out of 5 stars They really do wash off ! ! !, 5 Mar 2009
This review is from: Crayola Beginnings First Markers (8 Pack) (Toy)
These pens were bought for my son who is nearly two.Didn't really hold up much hope of the washable bit as these things are rarely true ( i have a sette with a lovely drawing on to prove it) so i was extremly pleased that these lived up to there hype.Fantastic pens , truely washable and great for little tots . Top marks

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR ONE AND HALF YEAR OLDS, BEWARE!, 26 Mar 2010
This review is from: Crayola Beginnings First Markers (8 Pack) (Toy)
I was so happy for my little one when these arrived, I promptly sat her in her high chair with some paper and the pens. She was clearly enjoying herself and having fun using them straight away... however as I was doing some house things around her while she used them and watching her scribbling away I did not notice that she had managed to bite the nibs off of FIVE of the pens!!! My attention was soon fully on her as I heard her choking... I got the nib in question out of her mouth and went hunting for the other missing ones, I never found them so I can only presume she managed to swallow them, only god knows what colour the inside of her stomach was that night! I never thought that Crayola could be so irresponsible to label these markers suitable for 12 months + when they are clearly not made robust enough for this age. I was lucky that I got it out of her mouth before she really choked...BE WARNED!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money and the ink easily washes off clothes and skin., 14 May 2014
JK "Julie K." (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Crayola Beginnings First Markers (8 Pack) (Toy)
Set of 8 washable markers for children aged 1 year plus. The nibs are wide and allow children to draw with big, bold marks and they're excellent for colouring in. We've had several sets over the years and always found them good value for money. The pens last for quite a while without drying out and really do wash off skin and clothes. Ideal for younger children and worry free for grandparents. My only niggle; the colours are all quite dull, drab, and I'd prefer something brighter and bolder.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bright colours, 7 Jan 2014
SM (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Crayola Beginnings First Markers (8 Pack) (Toy)
These work well. They are brightly coloured and easy to use. My little girl loved them as she didn't need to press down hard like she had to with crayons - they were a much easier first drawing implement. We have found that they are also definitely washable provided you wash the affected item of clothing straight away.

The only downside we have found is that the nibs do not stick out very far. We have had to packets of these and found this with both packets. This means that the child has to hold the pen more upright than they old have to normally.

But overall, a good purchase. We've had lots of fun with them.

Recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 21 Feb 2013
C. Wilson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crayola Beginnings First Markers (8 Pack) (Toy)
Afraid we didn't really like these pens.

For a start they aren't really washable unless you either catch the marks immediately or soak them off in the bath. Our table still has lines all over it which I just can't get out.

Also the tip is not very big so the child has to hold the pen pretty much upright to use which is difficult when they are just starting out and don't have very good control of the pen. As soon as it drops down past a certain angle ti won't draw on the page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: Crayola Beginnings First Markers (8 Pack) (Toy)
Purchased these without reading the reviews, and was a bit worried about the number of people who recommended the Pip-Squeaks over these. Ended up buying those too (can never have too many felts!) and both have their advantages. The pip-squeaks are much more managable in small hands, but I like these ones too because of their round nib, rather than pointed. It means my daughter can happily do her crazy swirling on the paper without missing any!

Definitely washable, brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars CRAYOLA PENS, 26 Sep 2011
This review is from: Crayola Beginnings First Markers (8 Pack) (Toy)
THESE ARE GREAT PENS FOR LITTLE ONES AS IT DOSENT MATTER HOW MUCH MESS THEY MAKE OF THERE HANDS OR CLOTHING IT WASHES OFF VERY EASY.
ONLY DRAW BACK IS THE PENS LIDS ARE VERY HARD FOR LITTLE ONES TO GET OFF BUT THAT MIGHT NOT BE A BAD THING. OVERALL A VERY GOOD PRODUCT AND I WOULD SAY A GREAT STOCKING FILLER.

5.0 out of 5 stars first markers, 11 July 2011
Mrs Lynne Mason (Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crayola Beginnings First Markers (8 Pack) (Toy)
BOUGHT THESE MARKERS FOR MY GRANDSONS 2ND BIRTHDAY HE LOVES THEM WANTS TO DRAW ALL THE TIME, SO MUCH FUN