5.0 out of 5 stars PLAY THIS ONE LOUDER THAN LOUD!!!!
I first saw the Chili's in Glasgow, day after the Slane Castle gig. I bought the Slane Castle DVD and still get shivers down my spine when I watch it. This year, I was at the Manchester City Stadium show (18th June) and couldn't bring myself to listen to the radio broadcast on the 20th... Why? Cos it was happening in real-time and I wasn't there. This cd will be for this...
Published on 25 July 2004 by Suck my Kiss

2.0 out of 5 stars By The Way...you have four other albums.
I was at the Saturday show of these Hyde Park sets and any real RHCP fan only has to look at the track listing to know why I was disappointed.
Now I have liked every album the band has ever done (well, I'm not a huge fan of One Hot Minute) and have no problem hearing new songs, but my heart started to sink as they played new song after new song.
Oh yes, we got...
Published on 30 Oct 2009 by Mr. N. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 1 Aug 2004
This review is from: Live In Hyde Park (Audio CD)
thats the only wor to describ the double disc, the only thing that anoyous me is that i wasn't their, dam. This is a must have chilis album. Worth every penny and much more. If you ain't been to any of their gigs yet, listen to this before you go, and get the feeeling.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bollocks, 19 July 2004
Simon Chan "sickers" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live In Hyde Park (Audio CD)
What planet are you guys on? The live show at Hyde park was one of the worst I have ever seen. It was a complete sell out. The front of the crowd was cordoned off, only accessible to people with "gold tickets". What?? The vast majority of the non-corporate ticket paying crowd were forced to stand miles from the stage. The sound at the venue was awful. It sounded like a swarm of bees being miked through a tinny practise amp. Not good. I am a veteran of big rock gigs like Donington, and I know what can be achieved sound wise at big venues and this was sub standard. Can you imagine my frustration at seeing the chillis on stage but only hearing fleeting snippets of music from the terrible sound system. I might as well have listened to my walkman instead. It was that bad.
The beer queues were huge. For a venue of 70 odd thousand people, how can you only have 2 bars? Because you sell out to Carlintg, that's how. There were huge queues of people waiting interminably to get served. And what about the suport acts? Chicks on Speed? They were appauling. James Brown? His backing band did all the singing. He turned up, wiped his brow and screamed like Cat from Red Dwarf a few times before syaing "I love you London" and going off to leave his band to finish the set.
No doubt the production of this cd will be excellent, but I can't help feeling that the vast majority of fans that turned up to Hyde park felt a little cheesed by the sterility of the whole thing. And all for only £45. Shame on you chilli's.

5.0 out of 5 stars this should be awesome, 7 July 2004
alex (Bridgend, Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live In Hyde Park (Audio CD)
i didnt go to see them at hyde park but if it was anything like the concert at the milenium stadium it should be the greatest live album of all time. i just hope a dvd is also released and then i can recreate the experience in my front room

1.0 out of 5 stars Naked Commercialism in the Rain, 18 Aug 2004
This review is from: Live In Hyde Park (Audio CD)
What an insipid performance. I was at the Sunday Hyde Park gig this summer, standing in the rain while a bunch of overpaid, oversexed 40-somethings simply went through the motions, and thought about the cash. Sure, the technical ability of Flea, John and Chad is excellent, but the Chili Pepppers are now the very definition of straight-ahead corporate rock. Despite writing some of the best material of their career to date on By the Way, which features heavily on the set-list, they have committed the cardinal sin of starting to take themselves seriously. This is the very thing that will cost them their credibility. Having cast away their zany, punk-fuelled origins, they are now the kind of band Dads pick up their sons from boarding school in the Land Rover to. Funk-lite, they lack spark and soul, and Anthony Kiedis' vocals are simply not strong or tuneful enough to carry big outdoor stadium gigs. What has happened to the energy, invention, and fun that was the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

1.0 out of 5 stars Hyde Barking Mad, 21 July 2004
This review is from: Live In Hyde Park (Audio CD)
Probably one of the worst gigs I have ever been to. What was this all about. Arrived during James Brown ato see the lonely figure in the distance that I could not hear. Went to go and buy a beer which took me until wel into the Chili Peppers set. Sound was awful, could not see much and then suddenly it ended. £50 for a ticket - I would have rather sat in my garden, listed to my walkman and given the cash to Charity.
A lesson learned. Shame on the band to do something so awful.

5.0 out of 5 stars TOP CLASS GIG !!! bring on the CD, 23 July 2004
This review is from: Live In Hyde Park (Audio CD)
so glad i paid the extra £10 for gold standing tickets. No one i heard from who had standard tickets enjoyed it yet i thought this was one of the best gigs i had ever seen - and yes i could see it, i was right at the front :-) cant wait to hear the CD coz the chilis were on top form as usual. If you went to the gig (and had decent tickets therefore enjoyed it) go buy it now for a great reminder of an even greater night. If you went but couldnt hear or just plain didnt go well, here's what you all missed !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Stop the Red Hots, 4 Aug 2004
This review is from: Live In Hyde Park (Audio CD)
I don't actualy have this album but i was at the concert, about twenty feet away from the stage: I WAS IN THE GOLD CIRCLE, and despite being crushed to oblivion it was the most spectacular thing i have ever experienced.
I've seen them before - at V2003 - but not up close and personal. For those fans who were not there, i pity you, but get this album and you will feel a little better.
But remember this when you listen to it on your bedroom sterio: I WAS RIGHT UP FRONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live In Hyde Park
Live In Hyde Park by Red Hot Chili Peppers (Audio CD - 2004)