Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£14.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 22 May 2015
The whole album is wonderful but Keith Emerson's low bass note at the end of 'Lucky Man' is the best sound in rock/prog music.
on 4 September 2014
Wonderful, my sons listened to when studying I'm catching up! The c.d. came a day early and was well packed
Thank you.
on 6 July 2013
Historic, no-age, sound revisited in 5.1 by Steven Wilson, the Wizard of multi channels sound: Goldy in the Goodies !!
on 20 April 2013
Better than I remembered: I hadn't listened to it for 40 years so maybe nostalgia helped. Let's hear it for Prog Rock!
on 21 July 2013
great to hear this album again , have had it on vinyl for many years but do not have a turntable set up anymore
on 29 April 2015
I used to have it in vinyl, and it continues to be excellent music after all these years. I am biased.
on 26 December 2015
Another good album but shame it only got six tracts to play so I give it four stars for that
review image
on 5 November 2014
Very nice remastering, although some bits are missing as they couldn't find the original tapes
on 31 August 2015
A good album, bought primarily for the outstanding track "Take a Pebble".
on 25 May 2011
Though I class myself as an ELP fan, I still think this album is rather over-rated. The basic problem is that they didn't have enough material, having just got together and needing to put an album out. Both The Barbarian and Knife Edge are great, but elsewhere there are too many tracks filled out longer than necessary. Prime culprit is Take a Pebble, a decent Greg Lake song with far too much piano noodling from Keith Emerson. On Side Two, Emerson's Three Fates is enjoyable, but is more of a solo piece, while Tank is a glorified drum solo, and Lucky Man was tagged on at the end of sessions because they still didn't have the material for a full album. (Ironic, then, that it was a huge success Stateside, and is one of the tracks the band are best known for.)

This is an enjoyable enough debut album. But it really doesn't warrant all the plaudits it gets on a regular basis. The three individuals set out their stall pretty well, and all three members show off their talent. But only later, on Tarkus and Trilogy do they really gel as a band. So I'd recommend either of those albums above this one.