on 7 March 2013
I bought this to replace an aging Gunsons analog multimeter. The display is clear, with large characters, and it has a stand which makes it easy to see results when working. It comes with four sets of leads: one with small crocodile clips, one with narrow probes , a small temperature sensor (95 cm long) and an inductive tachometer lead (about 1.5m long). The first two leads are about 85 cm long, which is a little short when trying to trace wiring faults on a car. The retail packaging is too flimsy to keep everything together, so I shall be looking for a small storage/toolbox to store it in, and a longer set of leads, hence only four stars.
on 30 October 2011
Fantastic item and relatively easy to get to grips with for the average home mechanic. Tough casing and clear instructions. Definitely recommend.
on 13 April 2014
My cheap Maplins multimeter turned out to be under-reading by 2V compared to the battery conditioner (after I'd wasted £100 buying a new regulator/rectifier for the VFR 800) so a new. better one was indicated. Draper is good quality and I wanted a proper automotive one, particularly when I saw the price - discounted to about £50 from £120. I'd just bought a classic bike (59 BSA Super Rocket) so something that does dwell angles seemed a good idea, even if I don't really know what they are! As soon as I got it the temperature gauge came in very handy for checking the 4 down pipes on the VFR, to make sure all 4 cylinders were firing properly - they were. Overall an excellent piece of kit and I wish I'd invested in one of this quality years ago.
on 17 March 2013
Have always wanted one that had a taco and temp probe, but up until now found that they were too expensive, very very pleased with this purchase
on 24 December 2012
it was what i needed, i dont dislike anything about it, it is a very handy tool and i would recomend it to everyone
on 29 March 2013
this is a top notch multimeter for car fault finding. it is perfect for working on old cars that are not controlled by computers it will show both AC/DC amps and volts, dwell angle, resistience. auto ranges and has an inductive pick up for spark plug wires and also a temperature probe. was a little pricey but for its capabilities its worth every penny for car electrics
on 29 December 2013
It is easily understand and to operate. It makes tuning very easy to get right. Well worth having as it will pay for itself.
on 5 February 2014
This product is good for the busy DIY enthusiast working on motor vehicles but does not quite do what Is described. the details state that this has an inductive coupler which is true - my understanding was that this would allow very large ampereage to be measure and high voltage without the need to connectect directly. Upon reading the specifications and noting that there were ranges for 320 and 3,200 amps I thought this was ideal for measuring current utilisation on large automotive audio and lighting installs and charging/starting circuits. I ordered and upon delivery and reading the instruction booklet have realised that the inductive coupler seems only to be for measuring RPM. the instructions are scant at best when it comes to the coupler.

Upon then reading the Draper website specs, it would appear that amazon's removal of the symbol for micro (u) has been removed from the spec sheet changing the amazon specs from 320uA and 3,200uA to become 320 amps and 3,200amps. this product then does not meet the requirements but I will keep it as I needed to replace a different meter anyway.
on 17 December 2014
Very nice tool and good value for money, easy to use and having a temperature measuring probe is a real benefit. I agree with a previous reviewer that a basic plastic box would keep it clean in a workshop environment. Nice tool
on 27 May 2013
We use these at college, so I wanted one myself for my new job as an apprentice motorcycle mechanic. Easy to use, comes with everything you need. I look forward to many years use from it. Great product.