Size: 12 inch|Style Name: LP4 to 2x Sata Power|Change
Price:£1.60+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 18 April 2009
Having upgraded from an PATA/IDE drive to a SATA, and finding that my PSU didn't have a SATA power lead (although I did already have a SATA data lead), I found this device very handy. Because it has two power SATA connectors, it leaves me the possibility of adding another drive in the future.

Well done to the supplier for not adding on small fortune for postage, too.
As the description suggests, this splitter uses a traditional power supply 4 pin (LP4) male socket, and provides two SATA power connectors. Startech provide high quality durable cables, and this power splitter cable is no exception.

Just a tip: Preferably one should be connected to a CD or DVD, and the other to a hard disk (unless using SSD, which requires less power). This avoids excessive load on the power supply line.

Highly recommended
on 3 October 2010
Firstly I am very pleased with this product. It works very well and It was very cheap. The only reason im not giving it 5 is because the length could have been much longer, especially for people like me that have huge gaming cases.

Other than that Im very, very pleased.
on 25 September 2012
I have added a usb 3.0 card to my Dell. It required a molex connector of which my dell has precisely 0. Now it has 1, which is all I needed.
on 28 December 2013
The product description says==> 12.3 x 1 x 22 cm. I have no idea what they were measuring but Amazon did not send 22cm of anything.

The wire sent was exactly as shown in the picture and as expected - a standard length (6") APA to dual SATA power splitter. Really good quality for the price and works as expected (running two SATA hard drives). Nothing much more to say except that the bag it came in was useful as it had a ziplock top!

Four stars because even after complaints in previous reviews about the description being misleading, Amazon have not corrected it...
on 8 December 2011
The molex connector is a very tight fit, the only way I could get it connected to my PSU was by leaving the splitter cable on the radiator for ten minutes , just so it would be pliable enough to connect, hence my reasons for not giving 5 stars.

Apart from that they do the job. Delivery took around 4 days, maybe it's best if you carry a few spare; you never know when you're going to need them.
on 1 January 2014
What can I say. I needed another SATA power supply as I was fitting a new solid state drive to my desktop PC. I noted that my desktop power supply unit already had a splitter cable to power the other drives. This power cable was good value and had a good rating. It fitted easily and is still going strong after a few months of use.
on 8 January 2010
Great usefull connector for upgrading your PC to Sata. Surprised that it is not described as a Molex to Sata adapter. I believe Molex is a more common name for the single LP4 (Molex 8981) connector.

Great price too.
on 15 June 2011
I bought this connector as I have a 6 year old desktop and two spare hard drives that were lying around from broken laptops.

I was bored and thought I should probs store thoes pesky hard drives somewhere.

About 2 days later, boom... My old Pc had 2 new hard drives! It's totally unnecessary as I hardly use it anymore but the connector was cheap an it seemed like a good idea!

Anyways, the connectors themselves fit very well. On the sata sides, they just clipped on with no problem whatsoever.

However the molex side was a little bit tricky as it was quite a tight fit but, unlike another reviewer, there was no loose connections, and all it took was a little elbow grease!

I would definitely buy again if the occasion arose!
on 28 March 2015
Arrived as stated, packaging good, being StarTech quality is always good