Size: 20 Feet|Change

on 11 March 2013
I thought I would go the extra mile and buy this lead rather than a standard planet waves lead. The idea behind the lead is simple, you have kill switch on the right angle end of the lead so that when you are switching instruments, you don't damage the speakers by sending a surge unwanted feedback or frequencies down the signal. This can be especially annoying if your distortion channel is activated on the amp. You are also paying extra for the gold plating on the lead which conducts the signal a little bit more efficiently but doesn't really make that much difference.

Finally, if you take away the extra features you'll find that this is a standard but very quality planet waves lead.
One, thing to point out which I had problems with; is the fact that when plugged directly into some of my guitars, the signal doesn't come through when switching to the lead pickup.
Also, like any other planet waves lead, you can collect the plectrum points if you keep the packaging (same with d'darrio strings)
on 25 February 2013
This is a very good quality product, the 20 feet length lets you move further away from the amp. When you disconnect the guitar from the amp while he amp is live you don't get the loud pop you get with standard leads. The price I thought was very reasonable.
on 30 May 2014
Despite being a good quality cable, and the 'circuit breaker' is a great idea, I can only give this 2 stars as it appears that the shaft of the right angle jack is too short, and will not stay plugged into my Telecaster, which makes it unusable on this guitar. Another reviewer said they had the same problem with several different guitars. This isn't really good enough for a quality brand like this. Maybe the straight (rather than right angle) version will be ok?
on 8 October 2013
This is a lovely looking, solid lead and it does what it says on the tin with regards to circuit breaking. However; I have to duct tape it into my guitars (I've tried 5 different models) otherwise it works its way loose after a few strums!!! Definitely not worth the money although this may be a one-off fault.
on 27 November 2012
I have a good few 1/4" jack leads for stringed instruments, but one you can isolate seemed a great idea, as it means you can use just the one lead for several instruments. Just actuate the switch on the instrument end, unplug and plug in the next instrument........no cracks or pops through the amp.....result!

The cable itself is of good quality, but not as flexible as some. It bends but not to tight radii, and has a light stiffness to it. The jack plugs are exquisite! Shiny gunmetal colour with thin light blue 'o' rings top and bottom. I guess in time the 'o' rings will wear/rot/perish or even become displaced, but that will have no effect on the excellent performance.

A lead of excellent quality with the bonus of an isolating switch....Oh! and a good quality built in cable tie. Highly recommended.
on 13 February 2013
I've owned guitar leads with switches on before; they're usually fine for a while but then, after a bit of use, the spring-activated switch becomes unreliable or other aspects of poor workmanship rear their ugly heads, making me wish I had spent more on a better quality lead.

I bought 3 of these at once; one for my double-bass playing wife;one for my guitar playing singer-songwriter son, and one for me. The quality shows in every aspect; in the design, the weight, the balance, the clear signal, the feel. You can just tell it's of superior quality.

The switch itself activates with a satisfying 'clunk' and you know it won't let you down half way through your set. A revelation and proof, if it were ever needed, that 'you buy cheap, you buy twice'!
on 2 June 2013
I think the cable could have been cheaper, I mean, a cable is a cable right?

Mostly. That's why Im not too fond of the price and I'd have been happy with gold plugs and a good cable.

During my recording I've had various cables give my crackle, pops and fizz. This thing comes "Guaranteed for Life" so figured I can't go much wrong.

You probably won't hear much in terms of audio quality unless your old cables are bad, or you're recording in super high definition or something, in which case you'll probably want to spend more than this costs,

So far though, I haven't gone wrong. It's a good, solid, sturdy cable, with strong sturdy gold plated connectors.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 June 2013
the product arrived damaged and the jack only fitted certain guitars but not athers I didn't notice till the returns window had closed so be warned if you get a bad cable return it quick.
on 27 April 2014
I have been using planet waves leads for years now. Only had to buy this one because I moved country and forgot to take my old ones with me.
on 29 June 2012
This cable oozes quality. The switch is most useful when I'm playing thru the hi-fi and helps avoid the speaker threatening "huum-crunk" when plugging/unplugging it from the guitar. My six month old son likes it too but that's 'cause he wants to eat it. The lifetime guarantee is the best thing about it though; over the years, I've easily wasted more on cheaper cables that have given up the ghost, usually with no warning mid-gig.

See one answered question