5.0 out of 5 stars At last! Good music., 14 July 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Peakahokahoo (Audio CD)
What a great album! You certainly won't be bored, as this album moves between country, rock, sweet love songs and screaming outrageousness (My Generation!) Greetings, Salutations, Goodbye is certainly a good song and will probably be a commercial success, but I love the dark, sleaziness of Jezebel and the unusual and fey K-I-S-S-I-N-G.
Go out and buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun! excentric beauty, 10 Mar 2005
This review is from: Peakahokahoo (Audio CD)
If you want something a bit different - look no further! I wasn't really sure what to expect when I bought it, I was even less sure what to think when I first listened to it, but after a couple of listens I was soon bopping along, cheesy keyboard basslines and all. My favourite track is probably K-I-S-S-I-N-G, which is a rather different track compared to the rest of the album- haunting vocals, somehow echoing like a hollow children's nursery rhyme, overtop the beautiful precision of classical violins. For lack of anything else close to compare it to, I'd say it sounds a bit Joanna Newsom.
The variety is fantastic though, coz you also have a rocking cover of "My Generation", and a jazzy Sinatra-ish duet with Simple Kid. Yes- Simple Kid is on it! Can it get any groovier??
Well, it can. This album has the best exit I have ever heard (listen right to the end!!)
Four words: excentic, charming, haunting, and more than a bit nutty.

5.0 out of 5 stars greetings, salutations, hello, 15 Oct 2004
A. Charles "chazchuzzlewitt" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peakahokahoo (Audio CD)
finally- a new album that is worth listening to the whole way through. I bought this on the strength of the song 'greetings, salutations, goodbye', and after hearing a live session on Mark Radcliffe's Radio 2 programme and am glad I did. Easily the most interesting and varied album I've bought this year by a mile.
As a previous reviever said this veers from country-ish pop to electronica and several points inbetween. Interesting, sweet, melodic and humourous without being cheesy, this is a great debut from Miss Gir.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, 28 May 2006
This review is from: Peakahokahoo (Audio CD)
one of the most orginal albums I've heard in years. Nothing can compare to ths brilliance of this album and there is no good comparison, it's like experiemnal pop music but with contry music and is dark while at teh same being great fun. Just get this, it'll change your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greetings Salutations, Goodbye, 12 July 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Peakahokahoo (Audio CD)
What a great song, it woke me up one morning on my radio alarm clock so I had to get the album, its great, I normally dont go for country but Piney changed my mind.
Buy it

Peakahokahoo
Peakahokahoo by Piney Gir (Audio CD - 2006)