4.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound but good workout
As many people have already noted the sound quality is extremely poor - it sounds hollow and echoey - but we have surround sound on our dvd system which seems to make it bearable. I didn't have a problem with hearing what the instructor said once I got used to it.
Published on 16 Mar. 2006 by Ac

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed
Published on 10 Feb. 2006 by caroline_chan5

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed, 10 Feb. 2006
This review is from: The Pregnancy And Postnatal Workout [DVD] (DVD)
I was very disappointed in the DVD. I am currently 27 weeks pregnant and I wanted a bit more of a workout than the Pilates DVD that I am currently doing. Although the workout is not overly strenuous, I felt that the moves were quite fast and not enough attention was paid to making sure that you are doing the moves correctly and safely, especially if you are later on in your pregnancy. The instructor did not show alternate positions for some exercises (there is no possible way that I can lean over as far as she can) and even in the group exercises, I struggled to find someone to follow who was really showing in their pregnancy. Due to the speed, I may have not been doing the moves correctly and my back hurt the next day. I think the workout is more appropriate for people who are either earlier in their pregnancies or already know what exercises they should or should not do. As mentioned by the other reviewers, the sound quality is poor but I was aware of this when I bought the DVD. The pelvic floor section is okay as it does teach you about the muscles and take you through some exercises, but I found it a bit disconcerting staring at a closeup of someone's face as they were clenching and unclenching. I don't intend to use the pre-pregnancy workout again however hopefully the post-pregnancy one will be better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound but good workout, 16 Mar. 2006
Ac "ac185" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pregnancy And Postnatal Workout [DVD] (DVD)
As a workout it certainly got my heart pumping and I felt like I'd had a workout. The exercises are all quite fast but it wasn't difficult to keep up and on the second playing I was already used to the routine changes throughout the aerobic part of the dvd. The leg, stomach and arm exercises are all slower but felt like I was stretching and working my muscles. I don't know if it's just me but I always struggle with knowing how to do the pelvic floor muscles properly (without sqeezing your stomach or bottom muscles!) and although there is a technique section on the dvd I still didn't feel I'd been helped particularly to get it right. Perhaps it just comes with practice...
Overall I think it's quite a good home exercise tool since it worked my heart well (but not more than it should do in pregnancy) and also combined stretches and toning exercises. However, if poor sound on a dvd drives you nuts and you hate aerobics as a form of exercising you're probably best off avoiding it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and enjoyable, 2 Oct. 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Pregnancy And Postnatal Workout [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoyed this DVD as it is quite energetic, but also very safe for pregnancy and has very good safety information.
The pelvic floor section is in-depth and there is even a diagram so you know which bits to exercise which i found very helpful.
I'd recommend this as a good all-round pregnancy workout for when you want something a bit more up-beat and energetic than yoga or pilates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Actual WORKOUT for pregnancy!, 18 May 2007
L. Shannon (Finland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pregnancy And Postnatal Workout [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely love this DVD. I've tried lots of other pregnancy exercise DVDs, but they're all pretty wimpy and focus more on stretching (which is important, of course) or on very gentle moves, which just wasn't enough to keep me in shape while expecting. This DVD, however, is MAGNIFICENT. Sure, the production quality is abosolutely terrible -- I was put off the first time I watched it by its amateurishness, but the quality of the exercises themselves soon shone through. The aerobics section really does make you sweat without straining your pregnant body, and the legs and abs sections have kept parts of my body in trim that practically lost all ability to function the first time I was pregnant.

The real gold stars for this video, though, go to the pelvic floor exercises. The instructor reminds you about your pelvic floor throughout all of the exercises, then the pelvic floor section itself deals with the front and rear passages as well as the birth canal. When I had my first baby, I was shocked to find how devastated the front and rear passages were by the birth process, and the challenging exercises in this video are what finally enabled me to get my muscles in these areas back under control. I have recommended this video to all of my pregnant friends as a result!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great workout, poor sound, 8 Feb. 2005
This review is from: The Pregnancy And Postnatal Workout [DVD] (DVD)
I really like the workouts on this dvd and the way it is organized so you can pick and choose the elements you will use (because somedays a pregnant woman is just too tired to do all of it). It is a very thorough and enjoyable workout, but there is some poor sound quality--the music is usually louder than the vocal instructions, so that can be annoying. I wish I could get the same dvd without the weird sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this for first 2 trimesters of pregnancy!!, 3 Feb. 2009
Mrs. J. Law (North Lincs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pregnancy And Postnatal Workout [DVD] (DVD)
This was my favourite pregnancy workout DVD but as my bump got big in late pregnancy I found I couldnt keep up with this one and moved onto Davina's DVD but this one is fantastic for 2/3 of your pregnancy. Its quite an active DVD and great for those that normally enjoy a good workout. It really works the whole of your body! I got back in shape very quickly after pregnancy to even better than I looked before pregnancy so I highly recommend keeping active & toned during pregnancy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pregnancy And Postnatal Workout, 19 July 2005
Rocio (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pregnancy And Postnatal Workout [DVD] (DVD)
It is really good!! You really feal tired when you finish the workout! I was very used to do areobic and step before the pregnancy, and I was bored with the Pilates and Yoga. With this workout you will sweat again!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 20 Jun. 2007
I. Baker (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pregnancy And Postnatal Workout [DVD] (DVD)
I thought the dvd was okay, although some of the moves were a bit fast particularly for someone in her third trimester. Necessary instructions(depending on stage of pregnancy)should be given before and during exercises). The sound quality becomes tolerable after you've listened to it for more than once.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound!, 11 Feb. 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: The Pregnancy And Postnatal Workout [DVD] (DVD)
I'm 24 weeks pregnant and bought this early in pregancy. I don't use it very often as the sound quality is poor and the exercises fast. I do enjoy it but I need to feel energised before I begin. If you were active before your pregnancy this'll probably suit you. If you weren't, consider "Pilates in Pregnancy".

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound Quaity, 8 Oct. 2005
This review is from: The Pregnancy And Postnatal Workout [DVD] (DVD)
This dvd is pretty good. I am five month pregnant, and I get a good work out from it. My only issue is the sound. I can hardly hear what the instructor is saying, because the background music is too loud, and there is no way to adjust it. So if you get this, be prepared to train your hearing skills also. Plus, you may have problems getting it to work on your media player. I had to download a different program to my computer to make it work. I've just finished my first work out for this dvd, and so far so good. It's a nice low impact but seemingly effective workout. Good luck!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›