5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy for any kitchen
This must be the best set of coffee tea and sugar canisters I have ever bought. I can tell now that I have them that they were made to last there not weak they don't show scarmy marks they wash very well. But most of all they look fantastic sitting on a bench/worktop
Published on 8 Mar 2009 by Kevin Laws

2.0 out of 5 stars Not air tight
Published 23 months ago by Santessa

2.0 out of 5 stars Not air tight, 4 Oct 2012
This review is from: Brabantia Tea, Coffee and Sugar 3 Piece Canister Set, 1.4 Litre - Matt Steel Fingerprint Proof (Kitchen & Home)
The canisters look great and do not show finger marks. Great just what I wanted!! Sadly they are not air tight. I washed them as directed and left them for 24hrs to dry as directed. The coffee goes black and hard, so does the sugar. Tes bag seem ok. I contaced Brabantia who said they had never been informed of this problem before. (I disagree, as since I have purchased the canisters, I have read several comments saying they are not air tight. If I had read these first, I would not have purchased them) Brabantia advised me to wash them and let them dry for 24hrs again. I did this, and must admit I thought it had worked. Alas couple of weeks later. Black hard coffee and hard sugar again. As I rarely use sugar its not a problem. I have to leave the coffee in the plastic bag it comes in, in side the coffee canister, far from ideal. I sadly would not recommend these canisters to anyone, even though they do look lovely, they simple fail to do the job in which they are intended. I am really very disappointed with them. I thought Brabantia could be counted on for good product, alas I was wrong!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy for any kitchen, 8 Mar 2009
Kevin Laws (England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Look great and good quality., 6 Jan 2011
We looked around for a set for a while, but others we'd seen were cheap looking. Ordered these on Amazon after seeing in a store. They look great and are of excellent quality. They don't leave any visible finger prints and are easy to clean.
The lids secure well with a slight twist rather than popping in which I liked.
Just make sure you dry them well after washing or you'll get coffee or sugar stuck to the bottom!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brabantia, 2 Feb 2009
Brabantia Canister Set 1.4L (Tea, Coffee, Sugar) Matt Steel I purchased these and was glad I did. No finger marks are left on the product and they are definitely worth the money. I have also just brought the biscuit tin to match.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product - packaging not so good!, 19 July 2009
Jonathan Oxley (East Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Great set of storage tins. Love the matt stainless finish which does not show loads of finger-print marks. However, the packaging was pretty lousy and on receipt it was evident the tins had been scraping against eachother and left some noticeable permanent scrape marks on the metal surface. Come on Brabantia and Amazon - you can do better than this!!

5.0 out of 5 stars oh so easy, 11 Sep 2010
these are great containers, smart, hold a good amount and very easy to open and close. ideal for anyone who has a grip problem. i would recommend this item to anyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not air tight, 23 April 2010
A Kid's Review
Tea coffee and sugar canisters like these are meant to be air tight to preserve the contents, however when they arrived and I rinsed them out, water started leaking out the bottom of them. huh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brabinta canister set, 6 Jan 2012
These Brabinta canisters where to the standard expected, clean stainless design, almost non marking and decent air tight lids. The canisters are not liquid proof at the joins but are perfect for bags, leaf, powder and granuales. Excellent product and great delivery, no issues at all, highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, functional items, plenty of storage space - very lightweight., 30 Dec 2013
JK "Julie K." (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I bought this canister set to match my new Brabantia bread bin and I have to admit they do look good together. Don't worry if you don't already own Brabantia products though because the minimalist design should compliment whatever other accessories you own.

Each canister is more than a decent size and holds enough tea, coffee and sugar to keep us going for weeks. Lids fit with a reassuring click and the canister's seem to be reasonably airtight. The outer finish is grey rather than silver and not overly bright which I prefer.

I've given 4 stars and not 5 simply because the canisters are incredibly thin and lightweight when empty. They roll away if you knock them over and the flimsy design makes them more susceptible to denting or crushing if you drop them.

Nice looking and functional accessories, I'm happy enough, but they're perhaps not the most robust of items.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not airtight, 23 Nov 2013
The lids were loose and hardly airtight. I can imagine that is not useful for storing tea', coffee etc. I promptly sent them back. Totally not recommended.