5.0 out of 5 stars Spear
Very pleased with the rotary dryer, BUT the amazon web site suggest purchasing the spear with the product as most purchasers frequently buy one, so as this makes sense for fitting it. Nowhere on their site do amazon tell you that it comes with a spear for fitting. Now I have a spare :( and with the cost of postage it is hardly worth the effort of sending it back.
Published on 7 July 2008 by T. P. Small

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Poorly and loosely packed. The pin which should hold up the arms had sheared, making it unuseable. one of the plastic end pieces had broken off, and was damaged, potential source of water entry. At least the return was efficient,
Published on 27 Aug 2011 by johnflat

5.0 out of 5 stars Spear, 7 July 2008
T. P. Small "Tom" (Costa Del Solway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brabantia Lift-O-Matic Rotary Clothes Airer with 45 mm Metal Soil Spear - 50 Metres (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brabantia rotary drier, 16 April 2009
PDP (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
This is a well made product which is easy to install (I used a small bag of ready-mixed concrete around the base spike) and simple to put up and down. It replaces an earlier brabantia drier which lasted more than 20 yrs

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old Brabantia does it again, 15 Mar 2011
My Brabantia rotary clothesline which I'd had for over 20 years finally needed replacing. Having read many reviews about different brands, I came back to Brabantia purely because 90% of the reviews about this particular model were excellent, and after all, I'd been happy with my previous one for so many years. It was delivered within a few days, and I looked forward to improved weather so I could put it into use.

This superb clothesline is everything people said. Big duvet covers and sheets easily fit the line, with plenty of room for the smaller things. It is easy to handle - erecting and taking down (although I do get my head a bit tangled taking it down as I am not tall! Not a problem though.) I actually look forward to sunny, blowy days when I can get my washing out - sad person!

My husband and I took great care hammering in the ground spike (which is included)- frequently stopping and checking it with a spirit level. In spite of this it still ended up at a slight angle - grrr! However, it still spins round smoothly so I am quite happy. In fact, I expect it will still be spinning round after I'm gone.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect washing line, 23 Mar 2010
rosie "rosie" (essex chelmsford) - See all my reviews
Light weight and easy to move around. Easy to erect. Washing no longer dragging on the ground. Very strong. Height can be adjusted to your needs easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 24 April 2010
Ms. E. Smith (Surrey) - See all my reviews
I think I must have spent a year looking into different rotary dryers. I decided on Brabantia because it seems to have a good reputation and all the comments were good - even though it was a little more expensive than other products. Once ordered the delivery was very quick and the first thing I noticed is that the dryer is very light - I can hold it in one hand. With my old dryer I was reluctant to take it out of the ground each night because it was so heavy. Moving this one is as easy as taking the peg bag in each night! There is a handy hook at the top to hang it up in the shed so I didn't need to purchase a cover. The lift system is great - no more struggling to lift up the arms and it rotates well in the wind. All in all I am very pleased with this purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent quality, 2 Mar 2009
The rotaery dryer is well made of durable quality and easy to put up and use. It is so easy to tighten loose lines and is light enough to be able to lift it out to store if needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brabantia Lift-O-Matic Rotary Dryer 60m, 2 Dec 2010
This has to be the best rotary dryer ever!! Unfortunately my old one (yes, it was very old but still in constant use)became the victim of a tree-felling operation in our garden, hence the search for a new one. I ordered this one mainly because of the rave reviews from satisfied customers but also because of the fantastic price, and I was not disappointed. It was delivered within 4 days which included the weekend.
Needless to say, it then rained for days!
I would recommend the dryer to everyone for its ease of opening; the range of heights; its sheer size and, when open, the height from the ground of the lines. Yes, as stated, it is a little stiff at first use, but no problem afterwards. Another huge advantage is that should a line need replacing, it can be done individually without having to retension the entire hoist. There is also a handy loop for storing the dryer in a shed when not in use.
You do need to buy the cover recommended for the dryer as the others are too short. Covers are very easy to use as they unzip from top to bottom.
Probably the most difficult part was sinking the soil spear into the ground and keeping it upright. The spear cap (removeable for mowing the lawn) is bright red and easily seen! It also attaches to one of the lines when the hoist is in use - very handy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Thing Since Sliced Bread !!, 26 May 2009
A. Smith (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
This is our second purchase of the Brabantia Lift-oMatic Rotary Drier - having already purchased one for our place abroad. It's simple lifting mechanism makes it so easy to lift to the right height, without struggling or getting tangled in the wires of cheaper driers. The line is always taught, no matter what the height. It glides effortlessly, folds down neatly, and even has a handy little tie attached to the line to fasten the wires & arms together to stop them blowing in the wind. A bit pricey, but then you get what you pay for these days. This is definitely the Rolls-Royce of Driers, but worth evry penny. Would never buy anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brabantia Rotary Dryer, 3 Nov 2009
Mrs. S. BOUNDY (Devon) - See all my reviews
A really good quality airer, this is the second one I've bought for our communal drying area. The first one is still going strong after about 5 years regular use from 4 families and so I didn't want to risk buying an inferior one.Well worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars rotary dryer, 21 Sep 2009
Marilyn Urquhart (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
Having used the same product on holiday couldn't wait to order one when I got home and I haven't been disappointed. I also treated myself to the peg bag. I find this a bit fiddly though.