Size: All|Style Name: Replacement Felt Pad|Colour: White|Change

on 17 July 2009
My Brabantia ironing board came with a felt pad but after about 4 years of use I needed to replace it. When it arrived I forgot just how thick it was as compared to my now, worn out felt pad which was completely flat! I placed my ironing board on top of the new felt cover and drew a line around the board to cut it to size, but when I got to the bit where the ironing board starts to narrow in, I left a one inch border so the padding would continue down and around the sides. This is because the original felt pad which was on my board (after years of use) had moved under the ironing board cover and when ironing on the curved edge, this line would penetrate through the clothing. Doing it this way means that it can't move about. No water drips through the felt pad by the way which I read happens with the Brabantia life long ironing board cover! Best buy the felt pad and ironing board cover separately (which is still cheaper than the life-long cover) as I did so you are not disappointed in paying out for a product thats more expensive and lets the water drip through!

A great product which everyone should have on their ironing board - you will notice a great difference with it on.
22 comments|160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 October 2012
I purchased this in conjunction with the replacement cover and they work very well together.
The item requires cutting to size. The easiest way to do this is to lie the item on the floor, spread it out, lie the ironing board upside down on top of the pad and then cut around it!
on 21 June 2009
This should be used with the Brabantia ironing board cover and must be cut to size. This is a superior thick felt pad, not a thin foam one.
on 7 April 2009
I bought this to fit on my Brabantia ironing board as i do an awful lot of ironing. Its very think and works a treat! Very easy to cut to shape. works brilliantly with the metalised ironing board cover. highly recommended!
on 11 January 2010
Using this with the brabantia silicone cover. Together they make a brilliant ironing surface. Cant feel the mesh of the board now as with all our previous covers.
on 28 August 2009
Its what they used to do years ago and I cant remember covers being replaced often then. A good base has helped the cover last much longer. still going now, can feel the difference. recommended.
on 25 February 2009
Ever since the foam underlay for my ironing board disintegrated, I had been looking for a new underlay. This felt pad is great - my ironing board is not a Brabantia one, but you can cut the felt pad to fit. I'm ironing better again!
on 4 March 2009
I use this under the Brabantia Silicone ironing board cover. It gives a nice padded surface to iron on. Actually my cat likes it too, so I have one just for him to lie on! Maybe not strictly essential but it does make ironing a heap easier.
on 5 September 2009
The pad was quite difficult to cut, but only as it provides plenty of thickness to last longer than others. Cut it a bit larger than your board so you can keep it in place by wrapping it around the edges under your cover. The felt quality ensures that the ironing board grid underneath doesn't appear on your clothes when you iron, which is what happened with my original thin foam pad. This replacement pad will definitely survive plenty of heavy usage.
on 15 December 2009
The felt pad was bought at the same time as an ironing board cover. The product is good quality and once cut to shape and fitted gives a new lease of life to an ironing board - much cheaper than buying a new one! The felt gives a good smooth ironing surface, I am very pleased with the product.