5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Megadeth Album
I bought this album after having bought Megadeth's greatest hits and loving almost every track on it. My favourite track is 'Train of Consequence'. However, I don't dislike any song on the album

It isn't the most heaviest Megadeth album ever, but it is one of the most memorable.
Megadeth creates memorable songs with hard hitting lyrics and spectacular...
Published on 10 Feb 2010 by Dione Todd

3.0 out of 5 stars Elysian Fields!
I taped this album way back in 95 off a mate and we use to listen to it a lot going to Beetle Fares in his crazy Bug of his with sounds blasting out of his insane speakers. Anyway Youthanasia was on a lotta the time and people heard it way before we arrived!
Published on 22 Mar 2011 by Gilgamesh

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Megadeth Album, 10 Feb 2010
Dione Todd (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Youthanasia (Audio CD)

Megadeth creates memorable songs with hard hitting lyrics and spectacular guitars.
I can't stress enough just how awesome each track is!

5.0 out of 5 stars Metal is Alive and kicking, 10 Feb 2000
dkourkoutas@hotmail.com (Thessalniki,macedonia,GREECE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Youthanasia (Audio CD)
The best American Heavy metal band proves to be out of control.... this album proves that Uncle Mustaine is the best heavy metal songwriter out there...intelligent lyrics,incredible and unique solos, dangerous melodies and non stop headbanging...don't come too close if you are not prepared.Metallica would have loved to put their names on this album if they had had the opportunity.. it will blow up your inside world. Heavy Metal for intelligent listeners.There is a lot of crap music out there,so don't hesitate.Just be prepared..

5.0 out of 5 stars sheer brilliance, 10 Dec 2003
G H Small (Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Youthanasia (Audio CD)
This record was the perfect follow up to Countdown To Extinction.
Another awsome blend of melody with heavy guitars and a really cool groove throughout, backed by superb bass and drums. This was the record along with Metallica's "Black" album that made me want to learn to play the guitar.
Particularly look out for Train Of Consequences, Addicted to Chaos and A Toute Le Monde.
If you like this you'll also love the follow up - Criptic Writings

5.0 out of 5 stars MegaDeth, 1 May 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Youthanasia (Audio CD)
This album's cool. Well constructed songs. Heavy. Melodic. Dark. And comes with a picture of the Grim Reaper holding a baby in the liner notes.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Megadeth album, underrated by Megadeth fans Why?, 7 Jun 2008
This review is from: Youthanasia (Audio CD)
This album is amazing not a bad track on it. This album is very heavy and loud. The album starts of with the heavy riff of Reckoning Day a great album opener the album is just amazing from the start to finish. My favourite tracks have to be Victory (one of my favourite megadeth songs), The Killing Road, Train Of Conseqeunces, Reckoning Day & A Toute Le Monde. This is in my opinion megadeth's best coming out just after the succesful release of Countdown To Exctinction and in the time where grunge was taking over the music scene megadeth come out with an awesome heavy metal album which is Youothanasia, this is mustaine at his besta great start to Megadeth, no megadeth fan should be without this. This album rocks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 8 July 2014
Everything was well done

4.0 out of 5 stars Sick Bruv., 3 May 2014
This review is from: Youthanasia (Audio CD)
This album is the 3rd with the classic 90s line-up and is still a good record although not their best.
The songs are in E flat and are mainly at 120bpm, This is still metal and a good commercial metal album.
Props to the vocals and the drumming.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST CD EVER, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: Youthanasia (Audio CD)
I love this CD it make me happy every time i listen to it. Plus i can't help but sing along at the top of my voice, my children think i am strange and embarrassing but that just makes it more fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow what a album!, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: Youthanasia (MP3 Download)
Wicked album, do yourself a favor and buy this masterpiece, you will not regret your purchase, 5 star's all the heavy metal way babyyy! xD

3.0 out of 5 stars Elysian Fields!, 22 Mar 2011
This review is from: Youthanasia (Audio CD)
Breaking it down it starts off quite solidly with Reckoning Day with some nice thrash guitars coming through, followed on by Train of Consequences which builds exquisitely crunching along on some catchy yet awkward riffs. This is maintained by Addicted To Chaos another really gripping tune with some intriguing lyrics as always from Mustaine with the theme on HEAVY all the way through.
A Toute Le Monde is the hit single and for me its ok, not the best song here as Dave would love us to believe, his sleeve notes are quite tedious as he's constantly plugging this song as the only one thats worth hearing which is a shame as there are plenty of others that are better, but thats my opinion, its still a good song and the chorus sung in French is quite catchy.
My fave song here has to be Elysian Fields, simply because it shows Megadeth really attempting something different with a perfect balance of heavy/ catchy, it just makes you wanna grab your git and bang your head which is what this band are all about to me.
The Killing Road is the next standout track and you can really feel the exasperation/exhaustion in Mustaine's words as he screams "Lost my mind, lost all my money . . . . I Iost my life to the killing rooooaaaaaad!!" at the outro bit when it speeds up. YEEEEEaaaaaaaHHHHH!
My only complaint of this record is that it then goes into a series of very slow and forgettable tracks namely from Blood Of Heroes to Youthanasia which are very dull and plodding. Another fast thrash number would have helped.
I Thought I Knew It All is the next cool number here but most of the bonus tracks are forgettable save Absolution, the instrumental and New World Order which appears here in demo form, a shame because its a masterclass in songwriting blending some Flotsam style clean guitar with some heavy sections and a total mosh end piece which even Dave acknowledges in his notes. Interesting that drummer Nick Menza wrote it too and the lyrics would be welcomed by any conspiracy theorists! I think the fully mastered version appears on Hidden Treasures, but in demo form it still packs more punches than most of the songs here!
Over all worth acquiring but just have your hand on the remote so you can shovel through the filler!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Youthanasia
Youthanasia by Megadeth (Audio CD - 2004)