5.0 out of 5 stars All-Stars: A Must Have!, 7 May 2008
This review is from: Survivor: All Stars - Complete Season [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
When I first heard that they were going to do an All-Star version of Survivor, I was ecstatic. Just the thought of seeing previous players from different season play against each other was a dream come true for me.

(May contain SPOILERS!)

Nothing stopped me from reading spoilers from the infamous ChillOne before the show began airing. I wanted to know a little information before the season started. Yet when the show aired, my excitement did not wane. I tuned obediently to every episode. I was very active on message board(s) for the show. I played the Ancient Voices theme over and over.

Despite other people's dislike for the outcome as each episode progressed, my opinion did not change. I was a fan of AMBER when she was in AUSTRALIA. To see her get far and do well in the game was amazing. I always felt she was underestimated; and it helped her in the game as she was not viewed as a threat.

BOSTON ROB was one of the characters I did not like in MARQUESAS. But I will admit that he impressed me with his (more) aggressive strategy for ALL-STARS. Arguably, he played like what the other ALL-STAR SURVIVOR should've played like.

This season had it all: challenges that exhausted the contestants, amazing rewards (two cars), backstabbing, tribal swap, fights (e.g., Rob Vs. Lex, Jerri Vs. Rupert), dramatic exit (Jenna Morasca), unusual quit (Sue), name-callings, tears, a very emotional final tribal council, a very angry jury, a very tense reunion, and the very first Survivor romance.

This DVD boxed set was ordered here from Amazon and sent to me by a friend. It's very nice to rewatch the episodes in clear quality. I still get excited just by watching the first episode alone (one of the best in Survivor history) even if I have seen it so many times before.

There are cast commentaries for more than 5 episodes. The first group of commentators led by Rob Cesternino are good. The bonus footage are really great as well. The set has extra footage for the challenges, casting, post-show interviews, and even clips that were not aired on TV.

The recap episode that aired on TV is not present here. But the favorite clip from that episode in which Chapera mocked Saboga's first tribal council is included in longer form as a bonus feature.

It's a must-own DVD. Many people have cited All-Stars as one of the truly great seasons before the show arguably became a parody of itself. It's a great season that will leave you with lots of memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Survivor The Best Gameshow EVER, 9 Oct 2004
If you love Survivor UK and have ever seen a Survivor US then you'll love Survivor All-Stars. It is filled with the 18 biggest players from 7 series of the game. I recomend anyone buying this but if you do get Survivor Borneo first to break you in. I hope other series will become avaliable!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars SO much fun. ;o), 8 April 2011
Patch.. (Down Under ;o)) - See all my reviews
Even if you saw this, (as I did) when it originally aired.
It is amazing how much you forget, even if you know who wins, it is still TOTALLY enjoyable to rewatch.
It still holds all of the excitement watching the challenges, the dynamics of the group.
Also it is loaded with bonus footage.
To me it would be worth buying just for the 'Mock Tribal Council" skit.. (bonus deleted scene)
It will make you laugh, possibly cry, but you will NEVER be bored..
If you haven't seen this series, BUY IT NOW ;o)
If you have seen this and enjoyed it the first time, but aren't sure how it will be rewatching it, BUY IT NOW.. ;o)
I couldn't turn it off, it is addictive, and no adds to sit through...
In case you haven't seen this series it has stars from previous series competing:
Boston Rob and Amber (this is where they met).
Richard Hatch, Rudy, Jerri,Ethan, Shii Ann, Rupert, Rob C, Colby, Sue, Lex, Kathy,Jenna, Alicia, Big Tom, Tina,Jenna. Hosted by the lovable Jeff Probst.
I hope, if you are thinking about it, you buy this, and I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did ..
And I know I will watch it time and time again..

Survivor: All Stars - Complete Season [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]