5.0 out of 5 stars Classic
"We are the four horseman of the rock apocalypse, leaders and saviours on the wild ride to oblivion and ecstasy. Hark, now we four are men, let us free the universe with our own peculiar brand of Heavy Metal!"
Published on 11 Aug 2005 by Graham Ebbrell

3.0 out of 5 stars Who can't see the humour here?
I overlooked something because I thought I ordered the DVD - didn't know there was a Bad News CD. The liner notes were very interesting; didn't know they went so far (1 doco & that's it, I reckoned). Later on downloaded Bad News Tour & More Bad News - didn't know the comedians could actually play - rather brave considering the festival they performed at & what bands they...
Published 23 months ago by The Baron

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 11 Aug 2005
This review is from: Bad News (Audio CD)
Just the best. Forget wasting your money on stuff like Metallica's 'Some Kind of Monster', this is the funniest portrayal of how bands work behind the scenes. You'll be laughing so hard that you will most probably pee in your pants.
Just buy it and enjoy.
"GIVE ME ANOTHER DRINK, OH MR BARTENDER...
IF YOU DON'T, I"M GONNA STICK YOUR D*CK IN A BLENDER!"
'Nuff said...

5.0 out of 5 stars Nightmare! Here comes the beast again!, 14 Nov 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Bad News (Audio CD)
After the Comic Strip did their hilarious Bad News and More Bad News, came the Bad News album. A selection if spoof songs, all intentionally played badly, interspersed with dialogue of the band arguing, being interviewed, getting drunk and locking each other in the studio. Only the foulest of foul language is used throughout.
HOWEVER:
When I was fifteen (too long ago!), I was a huge heavy metal fan and many a breaktime, lunchtime and study period was spent listening to Bad News. Simply thinking about it makes me chuckle to myself.
The songs:
Hey Hey Bad News - THE best singalong chorus ever written
Warriors Of Ghengis Khan – “Baby, baby, baby, baby, babyyyyyy!”
Bohemian Rhapsody – Bohemian Crapsody
Bad News – Den’s lead solo!
Masturbike – enough said
Drink ‘til I Die – “Give me a drink, Mr Bartender…”
The dialogue is often witty, often sublime, usually vulgar and always hilarious.
If you like Heavy Metal, immature toilet humour and willy jokes, you must own this.
If you’re easily offended, stay away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Give me one more drink again and Mr Bartender.........., 29 July 2004
This review is from: Bad News (Audio CD)
Well, where do I start! This is posibly one of THE funniest recordings I've ever heard & I still hold very fond memories of myself, my friends, my younger brother & his friends, in my bedroom listening to this, crying so much it hurt. We wore the tape out in the 80's with this one & we STILL sadly quote some of the lines to this day. Let's start at the begining:
The 4 members of Bad News are: Rik Mayall, Adrian Edmondson, Nigel Planner & Peter Richardson. 3 of the 4 you may recognise as ex-members of the comedy series The Young Ones. In Bad News they play a parody English heavy metal band, akin to Spinal Tap. This recording is a spin-off from a particular episode of The Comic Strip Presents...More Bad News (again another 80's comedy series). This took the form of a fly-on-the-wall documentary and is just as hilarious as the CD, but never quite reaches the heights of the CD.
As you can see, the right ingredients were there for something special & fortunately a classic was born. The heavy metal 'tunes' they bang out, excellently mock the metal bands of the day. Stand out tracks include: Hey Hey Bad News, a rendition of the Queen classic Bohemian Rhapsody & my all time favourite, Drink Till I Die (genius lyrics!).
But, this is just a soggy four leafed salad starter compared to the real meat & veg main dish that is the studio chat. This CD documents the band recording tracks for the album & all the in-between recording banter. These are the bits that propel this CD to unreachable heights. You almost feel that you are sitting down as the producer of this record, listening in to the band bitch, fight, swear, argue, swear and erm....swear.
Don't throw out your Moby, Air, Cafe del Mar or Buena Vista Social Club CD's just yet though, as it's not quite background dinner party music & is definitely an acquired taste. Personally, I have been waiting for this to be put out on CD for years. I have a feeling though, that my girlfriend possibly won't appreciate me ordering it.
It's crude, it's rude & unlike anything you'll have heard before or since. Do yourself a favour and buy it NOW. If you are a Young Ones or Comic Strip Presents...fan then it's a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why are you so angry Vimto?, 11 Oct 2009
This review is from: Bad News (Audio CD)
Whew...where do I start?!

As an 80s teenager, I watched Bad News Tour and More Bad News on Channel 4. My mate bought the (very funny in itself gatefold LP). If you like the Young Ones, Bottom etc you will love this! Down the years I bought the original Bad News CD (not this one), the VHS tapes, the Bad News second release CD (not this one) and I managed to acquire the Bad News Bootleg LP which was VERY hard to track down. I will probably have to buy this CD just to complete the set (needless to say ive got all the vinyl editions too!). I even have a Bad News poster on my bathroom door (you can only see it if the door is shut - Bad News - geddit?!)

I recommend anyone reading this to buy this CD and dont think about it - thank me later. Also, buy the Comic Strip DVD boxset (which has both Bad News episodes) on - there you go. Anything else, well Ebay is your friend etc.

Me, my brothers and friends have been quoting this since the 1980s - yes that might seem a bit sad, but this is funny to the max! Spinal Tap was very funny - but Bad News are the next level trust me. And I actually think the audio recordings are a bit better than the videos as there is far more of it and its also more dangerous too!

Honestly, it doesnt get much funnier than this! You definitely dont want your girlfriend/partner etc to hear it though - I will confidently bet that 99 times of 100 they wont like it!

Bad Dreams are keeping me awake at night...Bad Dreams, I think im gonna turn off the light....Bad Dreams, oh wish theyd go away....Bad Dreams...here comes the beast again!!! AARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! (if this makes no sense you need to buy the CD!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad news, bad language--god therapy, 14 April 2007
Bad News fan (Sydney Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad News (Audio CD)
This is hilarious--the best laugh I have had in some time--highly recommended. I wuld not normally find the language acceptable, but it is sooo.... funny!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Is a cow a farmyard animal or a domestic animal?, 14 May 2005
N. Moulds (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad News (Audio CD)
I managed to get a copy of this on CD some time ago. Unfortunately i gave it to a mate and haven't seen it since.
The reason for this is quite simple. It is THE funniest thing you are going to hear ever.
Think Tenacious D but REALLY funny! My entire years at school were spent either listening to this with my mates or quoting the entire album and wetting ourselves in the middle of lessons etc.
As long as you don't mind constant swearing and vulgar references to genetalia etc. this has to be a buy for you.
If you didn't know what to stick down your trousers for Top of the Pops before, you will after this.
It totally rips apart the manly world of Heavy metal and slaps it round the face with a large amount of "you really need to stop taking yourselves so seriously".
If i had to listen to only one more peice of comedy in my life, this would be it!
For those of you who heard it the first time round, it's like all the best times you had with your mates flooding back to you.
For the Bad News "virgins" - you were born too late!!
Maybe we should all just plug the gutitars and play them.......

5.0 out of 5 stars ...brings back some great memories, 31 May 2008
This review is from: Bad News (Audio CD)
I first listened to this in a friends bedroom on vinyl - I laughed so hard that I got him to record it onto tape for me....i then proceeded to play chosen segments of this down my CB radio to annoy all!

A great sketch that lasts a whole album....I bought this and had to wait many weeks to get a copy from the USA - i wanted it that much I did not mind the wait...if you have not heard this and you remember the young ones, then this is just for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the ******* night bus home!, 5 July 2005
This review is from: Bad News (Audio CD)
My wife thinks this is the most crudest, and extremily childish thing she has ever heard and hates it.
Hence proof that this is the funniest album of all time!.
Forget Spinal Tap which is completely over rated when compared to bad news. This is the definitive band parady of all time.
Along with the brillinat "bad news" and "more bad news" films, this is comedy at its best.
At last they have re-released both dvd and cd. Den Dennis rules!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad News!, 1 Oct 2009
Bernard Black (Warrington, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad News (Audio CD)
I am a big fan of both The Young Ones and Spinal Tap, and I stumbled accross Bad News by accident - but I think it was meant to be!

This is pant-wettingly funny, thoroughly obscene stuff which is delivered with typical "Young Ones" enthusiasm! The songs are hilarious and the arguing between them is even better, and this was many years before Metallica embarrassed themselves with "Some Kind of Monster"!

Fans of Queen (me included) will especially appreciate the slaughtering of Bohemian Rhapsody - something that has to be heard to fully appreciate! Brian May produced it, but lets just say it may not be his finest sounding end product!

Audio comedy doesn't get better than this - just don't listen in a public place (because laughing to yourself is a little strange) and keep away from innocent minds - this is one cd that really does deserve to be "parental advisory". However, if you are old enough to appreciate it (and you are a fan of The Young Ones/Spinal Tap) you are guaranteed a barrel of laughs!

"Look, its taken us three days to tune up - can we just settle on something?"

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!, 15 April 2010
R. Phillips "80's Child" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad News [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Being a child of the 80's I loved the Young Ones and Comic Strip presents. Bad News and More Bad News were my favourite episodes by a long shot. The relationship between Vim and Colin is magic. Den is just spot on dense and Spider, well is just a high pitched giggling drummer who is constantly off his face on drugs.

The actors Ade, Rik, Nigel and Peter are all fantastic comedian actors and the fact that you don't need to watch them in order to know what they are physically doing when you listen to them talk just shows how much talent these men have.

if you enjoyed Bad News then this album will NOT disappoint!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Bad News
Bad News by Bad News (Audio CD - 2004)