5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic tone and holds tune very well
I have been using these strings on my acoustic guitar for a few years now and I have never looked back. I am a huge Bon Jovi fan and I wanted to start learning some of their acoustic songs, and so I researched what guitars and strings Richie Sambora uses and it lead me to these!
The tone is amazing, long lasting and very bright. They hold tune very well, I rarely...
Published on 17 Jan. 2012 by S. J. P

3.0 out of 5 stars playable light acoustic strings
The seller was prompt and price good.

I had EXP16 on my hand made acoustic - a 'natural pro' Takamine ESN10C solid top (spruce) and solid back (sapele) with laminate sides, that rang out in the most delightful chiming tones.

I had hoped to keep most of the tonality but lose a little unplugged volume switching.

I lost more than I had hoped...
Published on 20 Mar. 2013 by Missing

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable D'addario..., 3 Sept. 2012
Mr. Steven A. Leigh "dissident" (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
I'm a semi-professional guitar player/teacher and I've been using D'Addario strings for a few years now.

I play a mixture of fingerstyle, strumming and plucking without a plectrum.

I use these strings on a Mike Baranik Merdian and they sound fantastic.

I also use D'Addario EXP 16s on a Bruce Sexauer Companion size O guitar.

I recommend that you try these strings. I won't claim they're better than every other string out there as I haven't tried them all but for me they're as good as if not better than Elixirs. Strings are a very personal thing as we all hear sounds differently but the EXPs are definitely worth a shot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good strings, bright sound - long lasting and consistent, 4 May 2013
Mr. Eric Sharp (Derby) - See all my reviews
This review is from: D'Addario EXP16 with NY Steel Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Coated, Light, 12-53 (Electronics)
I am a great fan of D'Addario strings both for guitar and fiddle. The quality control is excellent. I prefer EXPs to Elixir because to my ears the unwound strings sound better. These EXP coated strings give a life of perhaps 3 months if you play regularly, much longer on a guitar you don't play often. They are only very slightly less bright than uncoated strings when new, and after a week the uncoated strings have kept their brightness where the others have started to lose it. If you break strings, or frequently need to fit new strings for a gig, you may wish to stay with uncoated strings. The D'Addario uncoated equivalent to the EXPs are also great.

5.0 out of 5 stars great strings, 25 Dec. 2012
The sound these strings produce is wonderful. A beautiful shimmering ring. The coating also makes them comfortable to play. Would fully recommend above normal strings.

3.0 out of 5 stars playable light acoustic strings, 20 Mar. 2013
The seller was prompt and price good.

I lost more than I had hoped. The strings did not just drop volume massively they also didn't last as long with the coating. That said I am still using them for now as I am not recording keepers. I do like the tension when bending and to make them cry out I use a nickle tipped flat pick to compensate for their age and lack of volume.

I do not know if it was just this batch of strings, they were in an air tight bag but maybe have been on the shelf for a long time, or that I need to look at other brands (I bought Earnie Ball 3148 that I have yet to put on at the same time) so the searach for lighter than EXP16 but with their sound continues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely great, 10 Feb. 2013
Absolutely great. Love the colour coded ball ends, really helps with the stringing especially when you've got a lot of strings everywhere. The tone is great thus far as well. Very warm and bright and they feel like normal uncoated strings; no noticeable difference. Definitely trying these again when I need to restring.

5.0 out of 5 stars D'Addario EXP16 EXP, 20 Mar. 2013
Recently re-strung my guitar ( Takamine EG440) with the D'Addario original bronze EJ16's after one hour wasn't overly enamoured with the sound so purchased the top of the range D'Addario EXP16 EXP Coated Phosphor Bronze Light (.012-.053) and my guitar has a more balanced sound and tone. Happy again!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great for a beginner, 25 July 2011
A. N. Taylor - See all my reviews
As a total beginner and having purchased a second hand guitar I decided to replace the strings after about 6 months of practise. The difference is huge, the strings are easier to press, the sound is very much better and I would highly recommend this product even with my very limited experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best, 22 July 2011
i have used D'addario strings on both my acoustics for several years now and can't find any thing even close to the sounds and general quality. if you have never tried these and you like a clean bright sound then try them once at least they are in my mind the best you can buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Strings, 25 April 2014
Mr. S. Medcalf "Steve1857" (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
I bought a new Yamaha APX700ii about 18 months ago. I have played guitar for over twenty years and this instrument is perfection itself and anyone thinking of upgrading to a good guitar should consider it. It was so well set up that I have kept the original strings on it since the day I got it not wanting to 'upset' the guitar by re-stringing it because it played so beautifully. In the end of course I had to bite the bullet and restring it. I did a bit of research and found that these were the strings fitted to this model of guitar out of the factory so I tracked them down to Amazon and bought a new set. They are perfection and play just as well as the originals (of course). It was ridiculous leaving it so long and I wont do it again. I will certainly stick with these strings however, they are superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best strings got better, 15 Mar. 2012
A. Lee (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
I have always used this make, but never the coated type. My hands are just so dry my stings last ages (lucky huh?). But I recently bought an old ovation balladeer for a daily use guitar knowing the kids would also pick it up. They both have corrosive hands and their own guitar strings often feel dire. Like they've gone rusty.
So I decided to try these. Wow, fantastic tone and sustain and they hold tune for weeks. It also made me realise that my other guitar needs a fresh set. It is a real no brainier to get another set of these. I have experimented with many types over the years but these certainly are some of the best yet.
So far so good. No rust no gunky strings. No arguments about who played my guitar. Bonus!

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›