5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic tone and holds tune very well
I have been using these strings on my acoustic guitar for a few years now and I have never looked back. I am a huge Bon Jovi fan and I wanted to start learning some of their acoustic songs, and so I researched what guitars and strings Richie Sambora uses and it lead me to these!
Published on 17 Jan 2012 by S. J. P

3.0 out of 5 stars Strings for Taylor 310ce
As with the Martin "coated" strings, these are too grabby, not silky like the expensive Elixirs, so I wont be buying these again.
Published 7 months ago by Nigel Bane

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic tone and holds tune very well, 17 Jan 2012
The tone is amazing, long lasting and very bright. They hold tune very well, I rarely have to tune my guitar anymore. And, they last a long time, my current set are 3 months old and are still sounding perfect.

A bit more pricey than the competitors, but well worth the extra pennies.

I highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the cheapest, but definitely the best!, 4 Aug 2012
D'Addario make some of the best guitar strings on the market and the EXP acoustic range are right up there at the top of the tree; trust me these babies out perform Dean Markley, Elixir, Martin and all the rest for both tone and longevity. Having tried them all I've been using D'Addario on my guitars for years - you have to pay me to change now!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXP for ME, 9 Feb 2011
This review is from: D'Addario EXP16 EXP Coated Phosphor Bronze Light (.012-.053) Acoustic Guitar Strings (Electronics)
Great sound, my Takamine came already strung with these. When they required new strings I used an alternative a good quality set I would normally use on my other guitars. Not anymore EXP's are the sound I want with good playability.

5.0 out of 5 stars i liked these much better then the elixer nanoweb, 20 Feb 2013
the first coated strings i tried were the elixer nanoweb which i found slippery and put me off coated strings for ages but i decided to give these d'addarios a go since i like their regular strings and i found these had much more grip and felt much better to play then the elixers

5.0 out of 5 stars All strung up, 10 Nov 2012
An old exponent of treated guitar strings by another manufacturer, I thought I'd give D'Addario EXP a try. I used to use standard D'Addario before going to those other strings. The D'Addario's were slightly cheaper, but sound as good on my old Yamaha FG310II as those other strings did! Strange thing that Faith Guitars (I have recently bought a Faith 12 string) recommend and fit D'Addario EXP or Elixir.
These treated strings are about twice the price of regular strings but last 3 to 5 times longer and retain their tone and good looks. I always buy my strings on line as they are around 25% cheaper than your high street music shop. Much better sound,quality and value for money than even good quality standard strings. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Strings, 5 Jan 2012
I've been buying a few different brands lately and these have to be the best. I didn't find them to have a heavy feel as another reviewer mentioned and actually found I could get a lot more control with these than with the Elixers I had previously. They don't seem to have much of that metallic twangy sound you get with most new strings (which I quite like) but they don't sound dull either; the sound is crisp and balanced. Very pleased with this purchase and think I'll be sticking with this brand for quite a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best on the market, 7 Dec 2013
M. Carter (England) - See all my reviews
I've been playing the guitar for quite a few years now and discovered these strings back in 2010; I wish I'd found them sooner! They are the best money can buy, admittedly a bit more expensive than other strings but you save in the long run because you don't have to change them as often. The coating they have on them is just what I was looking for as I play a lot and my old strings used to develop tiny rust spots after a while despite me wiping them down after every playing session.

I put a set of these EXP 11's on my guitar back in 2010 and they're still on there! I do religiously wipe them down every time I've finished playing but they still look and sound as good as new.

Can't recommend these highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like these strings., 19 Nov 2013
I was advised to use these strings by the chap who set up my Gibson Hummingbird - previously I had been using Martin. I really like the tone of these strings - worth the extra money if you have a decent instrument.

5.0 out of 5 stars In love, 5 Nov 2013
When I initially bought my acoustic guitar, it came with strings that I loved the sound of.
I have tried many sets, hoping to find that sound without success.

A few months ago, I tried these and I am in love again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright sound, excellent construction, 27 Sep 2013
Surprisingly bright sound for a coated string, and holds tuning well almost immediately on a good quality guitar - very impressed!