5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sound
I am a new guitar player and was given a guitar by a friend, the first thing I did was re-string it with these strings, another friend swears by Ernie Ball Super Slinky's for his electric guitar and I can see (or hear) why. The sound and clarity of the open string is superb, to my novice ear there is an amount of resonance that gives the tone depth. Highly recommended.
Published on 16 Jun. 2011 by Dangerous Davies

3.0 out of 5 stars Ernie Ball strings
After reading the reviews I thought I would take a chance on the strings. I put these on my guitar and all was going well until I got to the 'A' bass string which promptly snapped as soon as I began to tighten it up. Luckily I kept the old string and put that back on while I wait for a replacement.
Apart from that the strings sound very bright and clear and suit my...
Published 13 months ago by Emjay

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sound, 16 Jun. 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, great strings!, 4 Feb. 2009
Luke Daniel - See all my reviews
Well considering in a lot of stores it would be somewhere around £10 for just one pack this is amazing value! The strings are also pretty good quality and last for long enough to get good use out of them.

The only comment I have about them is that I was expecting 3 separate packs but all the strings come in one pack... just nit picking i guess but it just takes oh and extra 5 seconds or so to find the string you want... ignore me :P

I am definitely getting these again for this price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 13 Aug. 2010
First time I have changed my strings and they seem to work for me! The whole guitar feels new!

5.0 out of 5 stars great strings, 30 Aug. 2013
The strings arrived within three days. Have put them on my old acoustic and they have breathed new life into it. At first they can sound overly metallic, but they soon settle down and produce a fantastic clear ringing tone. if you have not used a heavier gauge string before it can take a bit more effort but the results are worth it. Will buy these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top class strings, 16 Oct. 2010
I only use these strings for my guitar. They are light, look slick and sound just heavenly!! The sound is amazing and earthy, and believe me I have tried so many different brands of guitar strings in my time. They seem to last a lot longer than other makes I have used in the past and they don't have the scratchy sound some cheap strings can have. Making them also better value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars great strings for all styles of playing, 3 Feb. 2012
I play a Vintage V400 acoustic which is a nice inexpensive but quality instrument.

These strings bring the sound to a new level, they are bright particularly at the top end, and whether strumming or finger picking I am impressed by the clarity of the sound and sustain.

At £5.20 a set inc free shipping these are great value.

If you are a hard strumming player they might lose the edge they have over other strings as the sound will dull slightly.
They will continue to play well even after a long time on the guitar particularly if you don't beat the life out of them.

Each instrument is different so give them a try instead of your usual strings
I doubt if you will be disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Strings, 20 April 2014
I bought these strings because i was broke (im a student), and i couldnt afford the elixirs that i usually buy so i gave these a go and for the price you cant beat the warmth and clarity of the sound. i now keep a spare set in my bag as a backup.
they arrived a day earlier than the estimate which is always a bonus and there ere no problems with the packaging

i highly recommend these to anyone

3.0 out of 5 stars Ernie Ball strings, 19 Mar. 2014
Apart from that the strings sound very bright and clear and suit my style of playing.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite strings from my favourite source, 2 Nov. 2011
Have been ordering Earthwood mediums from this seller for about a year or so now. Fantastic price, as they can be anything from £9-£11 per set in guitar shops. As for the strings, I rate them very highly and use nothing else. Crystal clear tone and they last for a month or two (I play about four hours a day minimum and change tunings a lot).

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, 17 Jan. 2014
I love Earnie Ball strings and have been buying them since I was 8 years old, I am now 24 and really dissapointed. The strings havent lasted very long at all, they sound wooden very quicly after restringing the guitar. Really unfortunate.
Also it didn't sound as good as it normally does after the strings were chsanged. Massive shame.