VINE VOICEon 25 October 2008
My only complaint about this product is that it comes seperately. The case I bought was for the powershot G7, and I can't understand why these weights weren't included with or integrated into the case. For this I deduct one star. There are four seperate weight bars and only three are required for the G7.

If you're thinking about not bothering to get these I'd like to endorse them fully. Not only do they adjust the case for neutral buoyancy but they keep the camera oriented correctly, which makes it much easier to compose and take a shot.

I used the case and weights for both pool and sea shoots and apart from some slight condensation inside the case on one occasion in the pool the whole setup has been excellent. After several uses there is a little rust between the main screw and the weights, but careful maintenance as with all diving equipment will prevent/minimise this.
on 23 February 2010
The weights are useful, and I use them all the time. I suppose the best thign that can be said about them is that they do the job. However, I don't think they are particularly good. It is strange that they haven't been included with the waterproof case in the first place (quite typical Canon - you have to buy lens hoods for SLR lenses separetly for example), and frankly I'm not impressed with the design. The weights could have been shaped to fit the case better, and the pins used to lock several weights together are fiddly and bound to go missing at some point. As it is the weights are just hanging down from the case and both looks and feels like an add-on product rather than something that actually was meant to be used with it.
on 5 March 2014
Positives:

- Seems well made.

- It serves its purpose at making my G10 almost neutrally buoyant.

Negatives:

- When you are spending £100+ on a waterproof case, you'd expect these weights would be included as standard. You'll find it very hard to simultaneously swim underwater and shoot with any accuracy if you don't make your camera neutrally buoyant.

- The bolt that attaches the weights to the case is a coin slot head. It would have been far more practical to have a folding lever built into the head like most tripod bolts do. Adding/removing weights is something you are likely to do often. Sometimes (on a boat for example) you want the camera to float..
on 2 November 2010
These are an essential item if you are diving with this case. The weights are easy to fit & haven't rusted in 50m dives. Interesting that they confused the airport detectors & they had to see them before they would pass me through as they didn't know what they were on the x-rays.
on 5 March 2014
It's a shame that canon make you buy this as an extra. I think it's a lot of money for what it is. I only have a power shot s120 so my camera case only requires 1 weight. This means that I don't really need most of what I'm paying for.
It does however help to keep the camera more manageable while diving.
on 13 January 2013
These work with the Canon dedicated underwater housings to let you film and take photos underwater without your camera floating away. It is important to get the weights right so you have very slightly positive buoyancy - as I found when I let go of the camera when a large turtle nudged me from behind. The camera stared floating slowly upwards and I was able to catch it very quickly.

Slightly fiddly to fit, and the clips don't seem very strong, but totally effective.
on 16 February 2015
it works absolutely brilliantly, multi choice for fresh or sea water, steadies and balances the GX 1 Mk II perfectly. Two stars removed for the ridiculous price charged by Canon, when paying over £240 for a housing to then charge another £24 for the weights is just bloody rude. Come on Canon, there really is no need for this.
on 25 October 2013
needed to add one more weight than recommended by the instructions. check the screw every now and then as it came loose at one stage. can catch on your kit if your not careful. some means of fitting inside would been better.
on 31 August 2011
Excellent, hope this kit will make my diving more accurate and that I don't need to look for the camera all the time. Don't drink and dive.
on 7 February 2014
These were a useful addition to my waterproof case and meant that it was easier to manoeuvre when using the case underwater.