5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product
my dwarf hamster (gismo) loves this cage, its perfect for exploring and big
enough for him to live in. the cage is designed in such a way that all you
have to do to clean the whole cage is unclip two catches and half the cage
lifts away making it easy to do a full spring clean.
Published on 25 Jun. 2012 by George

3.0 out of 5 stars Designed well for hamsters, but......
Super Pet Crittertrail X Cage
Published on 11 Dec. 2008 by wend

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 25 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Kaytee/Superpet & Cages Critter Trail X Small Animal Cage Set, 20''x 11.5'' x 18''h (Misc.)
my dwarf hamster (gismo) loves this cage, its perfect for exploring and big
enough for him to live in. the cage is designed in such a way that all you
have to do to clean the whole cage is unclip two catches and half the cage
lifts away making it easy to do a full spring clean.

3.0 out of 5 stars Designed well for hamsters, but......, 11 Dec. 2008
Super Pet Crittertrail X Cage
My hamster loves it, the petting area is a great idea, easy to get the hamster out. When i first got this, assembling it wasnt too bad. Hamster wasnt sure of the tunnels and slide at 1st, but soon got the hang of it. I couldnt believe how quiet the ball was when he was in it, that was till after a few days. He decided to move his food and bedding in there, then runs round in it. Well you can imagine what noise you get when its going round. Everyday i empty it back into his bedding area, which isnt too hard to do. Despite this I do recommend this cage, if u have that extra bit off time to keep it maintained, as it keeps your hamster very active, but not if its for a childs bedroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for my robo's, 7 Jan. 2011
I honestly cannot fault this cage FOR DWARF HAMSTERS! - defo not for syrians! I have two dwarf hamsters and they just love this cage - they have space to run around even with a house in there that I purchased too! If you do not purchase a house then they will probably house themselves in the petting zone which will not be practical because there is poor ventilation up there. I just keep my treats up there for them, and a wooden stick fo them to chew.

The wheel just needs to have olive oil put on it like the instructions say in order to stop the noise, once you have done that the noise will stop - and I keep my cage in my bedroom :)

2.0 out of 5 stars It looks good, But it's noisy!, 29 Jun. 2009
I bought this item from Acorn, thinking it looked like a fun cage for my Hamster. My assumption about the fun factor was right, but the wheel (which moves around the blue ring as the hamster runs!! How cool is that?!) is so noisy! I didn't realise until I went to bed, that the wheel moves around the blue bit and shakes the whole cage! Apart from the noisy wheel, the cage is awesome. The eXtractable petting area is great, giving me easy access to my Hamster. The slide seems to be good for the Hamster, but I've seen my Hamster jump from the top of it once or twice... But that might just be my Hamster! I'd recommend this Cage to anyone who wasn't keeping it in their bedroom, because of the noise of the wheel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 17 Jun. 2011
Perfect for dwarf hamsters,
i have 2 baby roborovski's and they love it, they can climb the tubes & bits easily,
was a bit awkward to put together at first but once you get the hang of it its easy as pie,
would recommend you get an additional cage over time though, so you can link them up and give the hamsters more space & freedom =)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 20 July 2013
This cage does what it says on the tin, the cage is perfect for dwarf and Struan hamsters, the pet shop owner advised against putting gerbils in there as they'd chew through the plastic, and no mic as they'd squeeze through the bars. Anyone complaining about the hamster moving it's bedding around and downgrading, your an idiot, it clearly states the top compartment is a petting zone, if your hamster is it happy with its bedding in a corner you need to buy it a house for the corner, the petting zone should be kept clear as the ventilation is not great, use it to hold the hamster whilst you clean the cage or to easily remove it to place it into a ball. The cage is perfectly sufficient for hamsters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for russian dwarf hamsters, 6 Feb. 2013
We got this for two Russian dwarf hamsters and they love it. I thought it was a little small for two, although it probably is adequate I just wanted them to have more space. So we also got the crittertrail discovery cage and linked them with the connectable tubes and loop the loop. The hamsters now have an amazing playground and home! They can also now get away from each other if they need some space as apparently Russian dwarf hamsters do fall out sometimes. The petting area at the top is a really good idea. Also find this nice and easy to clean. I decided not to use the water bottle that came with it as it looked as though the hamsters were struggling to get water out and with it being blue you cannot see if the water is going down. So I just put a clear one in its place. Overall very happy with this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great! But my Syrian hamster has got too big for the tubes!, 17 Oct. 2013
Amazon Customer "Jonah" (Jersey Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
I bought this and it is a really well made product. I also bought extra tubes to add more space for him but now he has grown too big for them and gets a bit stuck. He also takes all his bedding and food up to the wheel which is more noisy with it all rattling around while he runs. Maybe they do it because the whole thing is made out of transparent plastic including the petting area. This would be great for dwarf hamsters though. I now need to buy a cage he can't get stuck in!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Seller, this cage is awesome! A+++, 3 Jan. 2013
My Syrian Hamster loves his House, it has tunnels that He loves, places to hide (him and his food) and a wheel that he loves so much!!! So glad I bought it!!! :D

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, but not suitable for Syrian hamsters., 2 July 2009
This cage is really not suitable for anything other than dwarf hamsters.
We initially bought this cage for a Syrian hamster, with the intention of housing it in it for life. It became apparent that this would not be appropriate after only a few hours. There is not all that much ventilation in the 'petting zone', and our hamster decided that that was where she wanted to spend most of her time, resulting in her getting very hot. The floor space is limited, and there are no bars on the roof of the cage to allow the hamster to climb.
Fine for dwarves, but definitely not for Syrians.