5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for my robo's
Published on 7 Jan. 2011 by Amylou

3.0 out of 5 stars Designed well for hamsters, but......
Super Pet Crittertrail X Cage
Published on 11 Dec. 2008 by wend

3.0 out of 5 stars Designed well for hamsters, but......, 11 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Kaytee/Superpet & Cages Critter Trail X Small Animal Cage Set, 20''x 11.5'' x 18''h (Misc.)
Super Pet Crittertrail X Cage
My hamster loves it, the petting area is a great idea, easy to get the hamster out. When i first got this, assembling it wasnt too bad. Hamster wasnt sure of the tunnels and slide at 1st, but soon got the hang of it. I couldnt believe how quiet the ball was when he was in it, that was till after a few days. He decided to move his food and bedding in there, then runs round in it. Well you can imagine what noise you get when its going round. Everyday i empty it back into his bedding area, which isnt too hard to do. Despite this I do recommend this cage, if u have that extra bit off time to keep it maintained, as it keeps your hamster very active, but not if its for a childs bedroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for my robo's, 7 Jan. 2011
I honestly cannot fault this cage FOR DWARF HAMSTERS! - defo not for syrians! I have two dwarf hamsters and they just love this cage - they have space to run around even with a house in there that I purchased too! If you do not purchase a house then they will probably house themselves in the petting zone which will not be practical because there is poor ventilation up there. I just keep my treats up there for them, and a wooden stick fo them to chew.

The wheel just needs to have olive oil put on it like the instructions say in order to stop the noise, once you have done that the noise will stop - and I keep my cage in my bedroom :)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 25 Jun. 2012
my dwarf hamster (gismo) loves this cage, its perfect for exploring and big
enough for him to live in. the cage is designed in such a way that all you
have to do to clean the whole cage is unclip two catches and half the cage
lifts away making it easy to do a full spring clean.

2.0 out of 5 stars It looks good, But it's noisy!, 29 Jun. 2009
I bought this item from Acorn, thinking it looked like a fun cage for my Hamster. My assumption about the fun factor was right, but the wheel (which moves around the blue ring as the hamster runs!! How cool is that?!) is so noisy! I didn't realise until I went to bed, that the wheel moves around the blue bit and shakes the whole cage! Apart from the noisy wheel, the cage is awesome. The eXtractable petting area is great, giving me easy access to my Hamster. The slide seems to be good for the Hamster, but I've seen my Hamster jump from the top of it once or twice... But that might just be my Hamster! I'd recommend this Cage to anyone who wasn't keeping it in their bedroom, because of the noise of the wheel.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly too small., 25 Sept. 2014
Got this cage, along with two dwarf hamster for my birthday as a present. This really isn't a good cage for any small animal. Even for one dwarf hamster it just hasn't got enough floor space. I had to go out and buy a Detolf cage which I bought from IKEA, which I would recommend to ANY hamster, mice, gerbil, or guinea pig. My cage I now have is currently 6x larger than this. Please don't buy this for any hamster or small pet. There is no way this compares to a hamsters natural habit in anyway. I would recommend buying the Detolf cage but IKEA. Spend £10 more for a 6x larger tank.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, but not suitable for Syrian hamsters., 2 July 2009
This cage is really not suitable for anything other than dwarf hamsters.
We initially bought this cage for a Syrian hamster, with the intention of housing it in it for life. It became apparent that this would not be appropriate after only a few hours. There is not all that much ventilation in the 'petting zone', and our hamster decided that that was where she wanted to spend most of her time, resulting in her getting very hot. The floor space is limited, and there are no bars on the roof of the cage to allow the hamster to climb.
Fine for dwarves, but definitely not for Syrians.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fragile and hard to clean, 7 Jan. 2010
Miss Leus "Kitten" (Beds, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this cage as i thought it looked like a lot of fun for my dwarf hamster (i'd say its no where near big enough for a Syrian) however it's really really fragile. It feels flimsy to put together and when i try to take it apart to clean it i'm afraid i might break it; i cracked the bottom the first time i washed it (carefully) :( Also the wheel on the top gets rather squeaky over time. My hamster seemed to enjoy it though!

3.0 out of 5 stars and it is fun to look at and the cage is narrow so ..., 18 Nov. 2014
We purchased this in August 2014, and it is fun to look at and the cage is narrow so good for small hampsters. However, the hampsters started to fall out, so we had to purchase a separate wheel and water bottle to elevate this and as the cage has narrow wires its not easy to fit these extras. It has been fine until recently when the wheel part fell off and the hamsters escaped! Luckily we found the hampsters and put them back in, but its in bits the wheel. The purple thin part snapped and the weight of the hampsters has forced the wheel off. We can't see a replacement for this, so would appreciate that the company resolve this issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 17 Jun. 2011
Perfect for dwarf hamsters,
i have 2 baby roborovski's and they love it, they can climb the tubes & bits easily,
was a bit awkward to put together at first but once you get the hang of it its easy as pie,
would recommend you get an additional cage over time though, so you can link them up and give the hamsters more space & freedom =)

3.0 out of 5 stars small, looks cool but..., 27 Mar. 2010
A Kid's Review
i bought this cage for my hamster because every now and then i like to change its cage and i have to say this is one of the most delicate, hard to clean cages i have ever had! but one thing at a time: its got a wheel that goes round in a circle which looks fun but it didn't go round until i stuck a rubber band on it to make the surface rough so that was kinda a ripoff. i have a syrian hamster and didnt realise that this cage would be so small and i had to clean it more often than usual.