5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Robust
In the interest of all future consumers I have forced myself to have a few runs down our local hill. The sledge is much faster and more steerable than those plastic ones that you see everywhere. The sledge itself has stood up well to crash testing into trees (we try this out so you don't have to) with the only damage after a full speed crash being the metal strut at the...
Published 17 months ago by Ferretygubbins

3.0 out of 5 stars Downhill racer.
Came without snow so unable to test on Christmas day. Just hoping it will be up to the job & withstand tough use.
Published 18 months ago by Mr J B Young

5.0 out of 5 stars old school, need more snow, 10 Mar 2013
M. goldin - See all my reviews
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
this is a very nicely put together product. comes built and packaged at a fair size

looks old school but something that will last more that the plastic ones you get

quite long seat so great for different sized kids (or 2 x 3 year olds for me)

recommend also getting the backrest, so kids dont fly off the back. search for (Schlittenlehne Gautzsch)

needs a pulling thing, DIY bit of rope and a handle worked a treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Traditional and sturdy, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
After the snow we had in January, we decided to finally buy a toboggan for our children. As usual, we left it so late they only got one day to try it out before all the snow melted. We decided to go for the wooden sledge as we wanted something that would last and that we would feel attached to over the years rather than going for the plastic modern ones. It glided well over the snow and carried two children quite happily, although they did argue over who would be at the front. We haven't tried it on any massive hills yet but on the small slopes we did go on we were pleased with how it performed. My husband had a ride on it too, and travelled safely to the bottom of the slope much to our children's disappointment who were looking forward to seeing Daddy faceplant into the snow. The product itself is very sturdy and should last a long time. We did buy a length of rope to tie to the front so we could pull it along. I would also add that it is light enough for a child to carry back up the hill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive design, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
The sledge looks good. I must confess I haven't used it yet, and so cannot say whether it is tough or performs well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful toboggan, 21 Feb 2013
S. Mumford - See all my reviews
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
This toboggan arrived pretty quickly and looks beautifully made. We've not had enough snow to try it out yet, but it's plenty big enough to fit 2 of our children on at the same time (ages 3 and 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sledge, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
Very strong well made sledge. Needs thick snow to work well.
I would recommend this product but it may one get used that often in this country!

5.0 out of 5 stars A well made, inexpensive, fast sledge., 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
I owned one of these as a kid and it got used and abused during the cold winters in the 70's and 80's. They were expensive then and mine was a hand me down. They seem to be studier and lighter than I remember, this is an excellent sledge, light to carry and tough enough to hold one heavy adult and two small children while travelling at great speed. They are far cheaper too (30! they have now increased in price even allowing for inflation....what a bargin!). The average plastic sledge bought at DIY stores, supermarkets and garages are 10-15 a pop and will last one or two seasons. This if looked after will be another hand me down to some other kids.

Does not come with rope handles, and I see the sence in this, as I prefer long nylon cord spliced either side that can be hooked under the rear middle slat to allow carring packpac style, some people may prefer smaller rope handles simply for steering. I suggest a soft tough three strand cordage as this can be spliced easily and easily whipped.

[...]
Very happy with the service, a good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sledge!, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
So pleased with this - it's a lovely, traditional wooden sledge with a metal bar at the front to attach a rope to, and metal covers on the runners to make it go faster and obviously to protect the wood. I ordered it on the evening of the Friday and it arrived by Wednesday and by some miracle we still had snow! It's a thing of beauty - especially compared to the plastic things we have bought cheaply year on year which crack and split so quickly. I reckon this one will give us years of fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic sledge,well worth every penny, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
A great sledge.well made and very strong,this will last for years.........quite a speed demon.........arrived after three days of ordering.great fun to be had

5.0 out of 5 stars Let it snow, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
Lovely piece of kit .Arrived on time. This item is well made and reasonably priced .Cant wait for some snow

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Sledge, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
I haven't had a chance to use this sledge yet but it looks great. It came well packaged in a huge cardboard box. I guess buying a sledge in November/December means you pay full price (rather than a discounted summer price) but at 30.92 including free super saver delivery I still think it a very good price for (what appears to be) a well made sledge. Now all we need is some snow.

Schlitten Davos