5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Robust
Published 14 months ago by Ferretygubbins

3.0 out of 5 stars Downhill racer.
Came without snow so unable to test on Christmas day. Just hoping it will be up to the job & withstand tough use.
Published 15 months ago by Mr J B Young

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Robust, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
In the interest of all future consumers I have forced myself to have a few runs down our local hill. The sledge is much faster and more steerable than those plastic ones that you see everywhere. The sledge itself has stood up well to crash testing into trees (we try this out so you don't have to) with the only damage after a full speed crash being the metal strut at the front coming off. This was easily fixed with a pair of screws and a driver.

You'll want to attach a rope to the sledge so that the kids can tow you home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Service!, 3 Dec 2010
T. Simmons (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
What a fantastic service! I wasn't expecting the sledge to arrive for 2 weeks and it turned up in a matter of days and in time for the kids to use it in the early snow! The kids are delighted, it's very fast and very sturdy. Hopefully it should last long enough for the grandchildren to take advantage of it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Downhill mayhem, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
This was a purchase of epic and long awaited proportions.
Snow was falling and once again we were stuck with no means of propelling ourselves down the slopes in the local park. Instinctively we turned to the internet, ordered the coolest thing we could find with zero notice and a meagre bank account, and pressed buy.

The next couple of days were spent wondering if we would regret our choice. I have a bent nose from having a similar sledge smash into my face in 1999, and thought I might have developed an aversion to these types of things, but only time would tell.

A couple of days later and joy arrived in the post. Quick, efficient, and all ready to ride. Quick as a flash we were out there. This is a purchase that we won't forget in a hurry. One of the good ones. One that will last for a long time.

Placing our one-year old between by legs and my wife propped behind me, we set off. Tears from the baby, screams from the wife, and sheer bloody joy for me. Whoosh!

When we reached the bottom, we settled junior's nerves, checked the merchandise and set off for the top again. The next run was taken in Margot's stride. She loved it. My wife loved it. I loved it. No broken noses, no more tears. Just snow, speed and the thrill of making the most of the short spell of slippery mayhem that made the winter much better.

I recommend one of these beauties to anyone looking to buy a sledge. It is solid, light, fits two and a half people on comfortably, and most of all it goes like a rocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars my opinion of the goods from you, 9 Jun 2013
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
i love this...just what i have been looking for for years..i am looking forward to use it in the winter

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sledge, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
Well built wooden sledge. Excellent value. Smooth runners and fast. Young children sit above the snow so they stay warmer than on a plastic sledge.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
it just arrived in time to christen it. what a good sledge
reminded me of when i was young. well i must still be . bought it for me and my wife
we are both 60 this year! good german quality, i think it will last

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
Well made quality product.I expected a cheaply made sledge but was very pleasantly surprised by the standard of workmanship and finish

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product for very reasonable Price, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
Arrived next day, excellent quality. Halfords had the exact same product on sale for twice the price. The only issue I had was there was no pull cord - it did not advertise that it came with one so I can not drop a star for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality sled, 25 Mar 2013
D. L. Bennett - See all my reviews
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
My Kids absalutely love this (a 13 year old and 6 year old), well built and much faster than the modern plastic alternatives which we have been buying over the past few years but always seem to crack and snap so never last. This Davos however seems built to last and hopefully my six year old will be using for many years to come. (bought from amazon warehouse so better than half the RRP of £60

4.0 out of 5 stars Traditional Toboggan, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
Traditional toboggan with sturdy seeming wooden frame - laminated pre-formed ply runners and supports, with beech or similar looking slats. Steel runners and end bearer, and some useful looking plastic bumpers on the front end, as pictured.

Looks sturdy enough for adult use as well as kids, and easy to adapt with backrest etc or repair if by any chance it did get broken - so should last several generations.

Now we all we need need is some snow to test it out on.

Seems very good value for under fifty quid incl. delivery.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›