5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic bbq
Published on 29 April 2010 by mcc dor

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but watch quality
I bought one of these from Go Outdoors and one of the legs was defective so it went back for a replacement. It's not heavy duty but it works and can be collapsed which is good. Ok for the price but if your looking for something that will last etc I would go for the fixed ones made by an black smith! ;-)

UPDATE 9/7/14 So I had the product replaced with a new one...
Published 11 months ago by Mr. R. Owens

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic bbq, 29 April 2010
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
I have one of the tripod barbecue. It is fantastic. the cooking area is very big. the medievil style chain to raise the cooking area is brilliant. It can be ajusted to any level you require, and with ease. The chain dosn't get hot or even warm to handle. The style of this bbq is a good talking point and on many bbq nights has got people trying it out and loving it. Its always admired and given thumbs up. I always wrap potatoes in foil and put them in the bottom coal try whilst cooking on top. everything cooks perfectly. cant prase it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Landmann tripod bbq, 9 Aug. 2010
C. A. Brine - See all my reviews
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
This item was brought to cover two uses, bbq and fire pit for the long hot summer nights.

This is an excellent item as it can be two units in one and is excellent on unlevel ground.

Because as the fire gets going the bbq tray can be kept high and the food smoked which gives a great flavour as the fire gets older the food tray can lowered to cook the food faster.

When the cooking is over the tripod can be removed to leave you with a fire pit to use for the rest of the night.

Excellent product and value for money a must buy for those who enjoy outdoor living at this time of year.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy!, 3 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
We had been using a gas barbecue for a few years because of the speed with which you could start cooking; it's instant, after all. But, let's face it, a gas barbecue is really just an outdoor grill, none of that smoky, charcoal taste that a real barbecue offers. I cannot tell you how pleased I am with this one. What a find! It heats quickly (we are able to put food on within 20mins or so), has a large grilling surface, and, above all, the flexibility given by the facility to move the grill as far or near to the coals as necessary means that the half a dozen times we've used it we've had all types of meats grilled to perfection, nothing burnt, nothing half-done, everything just right. Have done the usual: steak, chops, sausages, not blackened or frazzled! Then whole shoulders of lamb, and whole small individual chickens have been cooked perfectly, quick, slow, quick, just by moving the grill level up and down. Vegetable parcels, baked potatoes, corn - I cannot speak highly enough of this little invention. Its new take on ancient mechanisms gives it something of the medieval pit fire feeling and it is a great talking point when friends see it for the first time. I feel I can now give it rave reviews and you can order one, tout suite, as I've just placed my second order. Figure there can be a run on them once I have one on each side of the patio! If there is one small criticism it is that you have to remember that the grill is dangling and therefore moves around when you're turning the food over. It takes a little getting used to but you work out your own technique. I've noticed that there are several more of this style of barbecue on the market now but this is far and away the cheapest and excellent value for money. I am not usually an enthusiastic barbecuer - it all seems too much effort for the usually over- or under-done food it produces. But this little number has turned me into Barbecue Bob (remember,from Frasier?). If you like barbecues but don't like carbonised food go for this one. It's a great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars its summertime and the weather is fine. . . ., 23 May 2012
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
Very into outdoor cooking and have had this barbeque since Sept 2011.

I've used it a few times and dug it out of the shed today as the kids are hassling me to do a Jubilee celebration for the family during the June bank Hol. I caved in :(

I'll definitely be using this as it's so good. It's better than your kettle or drum BBQ for me as you have total control over the tempersture. So simple.

The set up is basic. A fire bowl which you attach three legs to with a screw and a washer in each and the triangular frame which is three legs with a pulley attached to the top which a chain runs through and is three-way hooked onto the grill. So you can higher or lower it, that's it! It takes ten mins max to put together and comes apart just as quickly too.

The firebowl needs about 3-5 kg of charcoal, its deep and could be used as a little firepit on chilly night's too.The cooking area of the grill is big! It says 50 sq cm (19.5 inches diameter) in the product description but I think its a tad bigger. You can get loads on there and they say enough for 8, which is spot on! The whole kit kaboodle once erected measures a mighty 58 inches high! Its most certainly a talking point when folk see it in all it's foodilicious glory for the first time. The grill can move a bit when moving food around but you'll get the knack of it quickly enough.

I've cooked whole sweetcorns to mouthwatering perfection on this, my own recipie BBQ sauce ribs and chicken (people kill each other over it at my house!) I've done a spatchcock chicken with garlic, butter and a squeeze o' lemon on this mighty beast too aswell as my own recipie burgers. Jobs a goodun!

Now the grill is brill but. . .I got my mate to make me a thin stainless steel plate to fit onto the grill so I have a surface to cook on if need be.

The chain pulley system works perfectly. When you have your required height to cook at, you just hook the chain onto a hook (funnily enough!) to keep it at that level. Dead easy. I've uploaded a pic or two with little notes on em!

Hope this helps! Cheers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 6 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
Went for a weekend away with friends and family, this was a talking point as it helped to feed everyone, then it kept everyone warm, as it was a cold evening. Kept the kids busy too, they were foraging for wood. Fantastic product, great VFM!Easy to assemble too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best BBQ ever!, 20 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
Took this bbq to Le Mans to cook every night for 8 hungry blokes.....the BBQ is superb and all of the crew were off to buy one, why very simple.....

1. Heat regulation is fantastic with a pulley system that gives you total flexibility, the ability to spin the grill is also great in allowing an even distribution of heat throughout cooking.
2. Meat remains very juicy and succulent as a result of point one.
3. Cooks a mass of meat, due to a really generous cooking area.
4. Heat is great and managed a whole turkey leg without drying meat out.
5. Can (maybe not supposed to) be used as a fire pit after.
6. Very portable so good to pack away, especially if off camping.
7. Easy to clean.

I have spent a lot of money on different bbqs before and now realise you can get something for a fraction of the price that works better than most. Read the previous reviews and got on recommendation, so thanks to those who rated before, a great product!

4.0 out of 5 stars great bbq, 30 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
This is a wonderful barbecue set:
- the grill is large enough to fit food for 6 to 8 people.
- the adjustable height means you can start cooking while the fire is still burning and you can use wood or coal for your bbq
- because of the tripod and pulley system it can sit even on not even surfaces without the risk of tipping over
- you can push the grill around as you like an the food will not fall off
- and you can certainly cannot beat the price

There are negative aspects though:
- there is no lid so you can't use it for smoking or keeling the food warm
- the coal dish is a bit shallow so there is no wind protection; in case the wind is blowing it is going to give you a hard time as it will cool down the grill and the food will take longer to cook.

4.0 out of 5 stars fab, 19 May 2011
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
bought this for camping trips but it has been used mainly in the garden as its a much more sociable bbq than our lrge trolly one. Its very easy to put together, easily moved(when not in use of course) and the grill area is big enough for our family of five plus extras. The biggest plus for us is because its low we can all sit round it and talk and theres no one person in charge of the food. Once the bbqs finished just remove the tripod and sit round the fire pit. Excellent
only downside was after a few bbqs a piece of metal from the grill came appart...but it was easily sorted due to a handy hubby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 3 Aug. 2013
S. L. timpson "critics critique" (staffs, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
No problems getting it together at all , fantastic at bbqing your food without burning it into charcoal as you can make the grill height whatever you want . fantastic as a fire pit afterwards for a small fire . Don't over tighten and tripod comes apart easily and legs come off too for easy carrying when camping .
Moaning Minnie's obviously have cocked up in some way as Iv been using it for a week solid for 3 people with no probs and it's been up and down .

It's plain awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of kit, 5 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
I bought this barbeque primarily for use as a fire pit as the solid ones I had seen were too big and expensive and I didn't fancy the baskets. However we used it many times as a barbeque on our recent 2 week camping trip and it proved worth its weight in gold - temperature manageable barbequing at last - if it's all cooking a bit too quickly you just lift the tray up a bit. Later on just add some wood and a bit of lighting gel and you have a lovely fire to sit around with all the kids toasting marshmallows (and Haribos- don't ask). It is very easy to put together and take down - we transported it in a big blue Ikea bag but it's not quite big enough so we just wrapped it in a bin bag on the way home until we can give it a good clean.
We also used the tripod to hang a gas lantern on while we were sat around the fire so all in all a great multi use product at a bargain price.

Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue