5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic bbq
Published on 29 April 2010 by mcc dor

1.0 out of 5 stars Not happy
When I received the barbecue the grill area of the barbecue has fallen apart after one use, I have contacted Amazon but as I used it I do not know how I stand.
Published 2 months ago by andy brooker

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic bbq, 29 April 2010
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
I have one of the tripod barbecue. It is fantastic. the cooking area is very big. the medievil style chain to raise the cooking area is brilliant. It can be ajusted to any level you require, and with ease. The chain dosn't get hot or even warm to handle. The style of this bbq is a good talking point and on many bbq nights has got people trying it out and loving it. Its always admired and given thumbs up. I always wrap potatoes in foil and put them in the bottom coal try whilst cooking on top. everything cooks perfectly. cant prase it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy!, 3 Jun 2011
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
We had been using a gas barbecue for a few years because of the speed with which you could start cooking; it's instant, after all. But, let's face it, a gas barbecue is really just an outdoor grill, none of that smoky, charcoal taste that a real barbecue offers. I cannot tell you how pleased I am with this one. What a find! It heats quickly (we are able to put food on within 20mins or so), has a large grilling surface, and, above all, the flexibility given by the facility to move the grill as far or near to the coals as necessary means that the half a dozen times we've used it we've had all types of meats grilled to perfection, nothing burnt, nothing half-done, everything just right. Have done the usual: steak, chops, sausages, not blackened or frazzled! Then whole shoulders of lamb, and whole small individual chickens have been cooked perfectly, quick, slow, quick, just by moving the grill level up and down. Vegetable parcels, baked potatoes, corn - I cannot speak highly enough of this little invention. Its new take on ancient mechanisms gives it something of the medieval pit fire feeling and it is a great talking point when friends see it for the first time. I feel I can now give it rave reviews and you can order one, tout suite, as I've just placed my second order. Figure there can be a run on them once I have one on each side of the patio! If there is one small criticism it is that you have to remember that the grill is dangling and therefore moves around when you're turning the food over. It takes a little getting used to but you work out your own technique. I've noticed that there are several more of this style of barbecue on the market now but this is far and away the cheapest and excellent value for money. I am not usually an enthusiastic barbecuer - it all seems too much effort for the usually over- or under-done food it produces. But this little number has turned me into Barbecue Bob (remember,from Frasier?). If you like barbecues but don't like carbonised food go for this one. It's a great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Landmann tripod bbq, 9 Aug 2010
C. A. Brine - See all my reviews
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
This item was brought to cover two uses, bbq and fire pit for the long hot summer nights.

This is an excellent item as it can be two units in one and is excellent on unlevel ground.

Because as the fire gets going the bbq tray can be kept high and the food smoked which gives a great flavour as the fire gets older the food tray can lowered to cook the food faster.

When the cooking is over the tripod can be removed to leave you with a fire pit to use for the rest of the night.

Excellent product and value for money a must buy for those who enjoy outdoor living at this time of year.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 3 Sep 2011
D. Jackson (Northern Ireland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
since buying this I've used it without any major problems. Major advantage is the ability to adjust height from coals. Only minor problem is when turning meat etc. while cooking the suspended grill is a little unstable, spinning around away from you - a little frustrating but holding it with another implement gets around this minor issue. still, overall worth buying and adds to the real camping feel.

5.0 out of 5 stars its summertime and the weather is fine. . . ., 23 May 2012
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
Very into outdoor cooking and have had this barbeque since Sept 2011.

I've used it a few times and dug it out of the shed today as the kids are hassling me to do a Jubilee celebration for the family during the June bank Hol. I caved in :(

I'll definitely be using this as it's so good. It's better than your kettle or drum BBQ for me as you have total control over the tempersture. So simple.

The set up is basic. A fire bowl which you attach three legs to with a screw and a washer in each and the triangular frame which is three legs with a pulley attached to the top which a chain runs through and is three-way hooked onto the grill. So you can higher or lower it, that's it! It takes ten mins max to put together and comes apart just as quickly too.

The firebowl needs about 3-5 kg of charcoal, its deep and could be used as a little firepit on chilly night's too.The cooking area of the grill is big! It says 50 sq cm (19.5 inches diameter) in the product description but I think its a tad bigger. You can get loads on there and they say enough for 8, which is spot on! The whole kit kaboodle once erected measures a mighty 58 inches high! Its most certainly a talking point when folk see it in all it's foodilicious glory for the first time. The grill can move a bit when moving food around but you'll get the knack of it quickly enough.

I've cooked whole sweetcorns to mouthwatering perfection on this, my own recipie BBQ sauce ribs and chicken (people kill each other over it at my house!) I've done a spatchcock chicken with garlic, butter and a squeeze o' lemon on this mighty beast too aswell as my own recipie burgers. Jobs a goodun!

Now the grill is brill but. . .I got my mate to make me a thin stainless steel plate to fit onto the grill so I have a surface to cook on if need be.

The chain pulley system works perfectly. When you have your required height to cook at, you just hook the chain onto a hook (funnily enough!) to keep it at that level. Dead easy. I've uploaded a pic or two with little notes on em!

Hope this helps! Cheers.

4.0 out of 5 stars fab, 19 May 2011
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
bought this for camping trips but it has been used mainly in the garden as its a much more sociable bbq than our lrge trolly one. Its very easy to put together, easily moved(when not in use of course) and the grill area is big enough for our family of five plus extras. The biggest plus for us is because its low we can all sit round it and talk and theres no one person in charge of the food. Once the bbqs finished just remove the tripod and sit round the fire pit. Excellent
only downside was after a few bbqs a piece of metal from the grill came appart...but it was easily sorted due to a handy hubby.

4.0 out of 5 stars quality not brilliant for good for the money, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
I brought this BBQ round France on a camping holiday and it was great fun to use. I've also used it at home in place of my full size BBQ and it cooks really well. Adjusting the height makes it really easy to cook, especially as you can leave things to sizzle while going away to start scoffing some of the stuff that's ready.

It's not terribly well made - the legs are wobbly and the triangle holding the tripod steady never quite fitted for me but it's not difficult to work around these issues and given the price I consider it a BBQ for a bit of fun and if it doesn't last years I'll not complain.

As I said, the legs are wobbly. One didn't fit at all when I got mine but emailed the manufacturers and they sent me out another with no fuss at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 6 Feb 2012
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
Went for a weekend away with friends and family, this was a talking point as it helped to feed everyone, then it kept everyone warm, as it was a cold evening. Kept the kids busy too, they were foraging for wood. Fantastic product, great VFM!Easy to assemble too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: Landmann Tripod Charcoal Barbecue (Garden & Outdoors)
We love it! Folds down and we take it away in the caravan. Great for BBQ and social fire pit after. Great product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not happy, 11 July 2014