4.0 out of 5 stars Cooking With Gas
Bought these to sumplement my exisitng rock with which I was very happy.Campingaz Lava Rock BBQ Accessory - 3 Kg
There is no disenrable difference that I can tell or have noticed.
Nice evenly sized stones about the size of your avaerage briquette.

They heat well, hold it it long enough and disapate it evenly.

Have found they produce a nice...
Published on 8 May 2012 by Kelly.m.

2.0 out of 5 stars not all contents were lava rock!
Very disappointed in this, not all contents was lava rock. There were a few heavy stones thrown to make up the weight I suspect. Geologist friend of mine confirmed this. Very naughty and am not amused!
Published 19 months ago by D. Evans

4.0 out of 5 stars Cooking With Gas, 8 May 2012
This review is from: Landmann 0273 3Kg Lava Rock Pack (Garden & Outdoors)
There is no disenrable difference that I can tell or have noticed.
Nice evenly sized stones about the size of your avaerage briquette.

They heat well, hold it it long enough and disapate it evenly.

Have found they produce a nice authentic bbq flavour with all of the smoke etc you want but with little of the flame etc that you dont.

Once hot I am able to reduce the flame size required to keep them warm using less gas than I did previously when no rock was in use.

The addition of one box (3 Kg) to the exiasiting 3kg box worth a;reasdy in use gave me a nice even coverage on a 3 burner grill.

Very happy with these and find it hard to tell the difference to between using these or charcoal.

All in all a very satisfactory product and availab le at very reasonable price if you are willing to wait for stock and delivery.
I managed to get two boxes of this for less than the copst of one from many other suppliers and less than the price of postage from a lot of others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good rocks, 9 Aug. 2013
David P (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Landmann 0273 3Kg Lava Rock Pack (Garden & Outdoors)
I bought this to top up a portable gas bbq. I have since decided that the bbq is rather poor for other reasons, but these rocks were just fine - some people seem to report poor quality and/or lots of small pieces, but there were plenty of good sized pieces and very little "gravel" in the box I received, certainly much better than the insufficient amount that came with the bbq, which frankly looked like someone had put the bag of rocks on the ground and driven over it several times before packing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this item, 9 Sept. 2011
Mrs. C. Hardy - See all my reviews
This review is from: Landmann 0273 3Kg Lava Rock Pack (Garden & Outdoors)
Item arrived in good time and we are very pleased with the service and would order from this company in the future

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job for my barbecue, 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Landmann 0273 3Kg Lava Rock Pack (Garden & Outdoors)
You will need spare stones if your barby has stones like mine does as the stones do wear out into dust after a while. These stones heat up very evenly and are simple to store and use.

2.0 out of 5 stars not all contents were lava rock!, 19 Aug. 2013
D. Evans "djae" (uk) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for our Landmann BBQ, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Landmann 0273 3Kg Lava Rock Pack (Garden & Outdoors)
Purchased these as replacement rocks for our landmann BBQ. Hadn't realised that they need replacing every so often otherwise, the heat distribution becomes uneven, and food doesn't cook as well. The rocks are fine, no problems, but was expecting the content of the box to be a bit bigger, hence 4 stars and not 5. I've had to keep some of the old rocks as well in order to have enough to fill the BBQ tray!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5* really pleased, 12 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Landmann 0273 3Kg Lava Rock Pack (Garden & Outdoors)
Perfect amount of coals for my 2 burner gas BBQ. The old coals were smoking badly due to long term use, these new coals are brilliant. Not too small so don't fall down in between the grill shelf. I think if you have a larger BBQ say a 4 burner then you'd need two packs.
I'm really pleased and would recommend particularly as price also pretty competitive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Landmann 3kg lava rock pack, 10 May 2013
C. Hart (Herts, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Landmann 0273 3Kg Lava Rock Pack (Garden & Outdoors)
Bought to packs for my gas BBQ. Very quick to heat up and start cooking, obviates a great deal of cleaning after cooking. Cooks quite quickly too which allows things to be put away or covered over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lava rocks!, 5 Dec. 2012
Ms. Jane E. Bates (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Landmann 0273 3Kg Lava Rock Pack (Garden & Outdoors)
Bought to replace lava rocks that have diminished on our gas barbeque, as yet not had the right weather to use them but cannot wait for bbq weather again, great delivery and item looks great

5.0 out of 5 stars OOOOh...rocky, 18 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Landmann 0273 3Kg Lava Rock Pack (Garden & Outdoors)
If like me you forget to clean the last BBQ you have in mid October in denial of the change of season and open your BBQ up in Early Spring to find green stuff and fur on your existing BBQ stones then I cannot recommend these bad boys enough. No flavour on your chicken tikka kebab sticks, mixed 30 item bag of tesco food stuff and seem quite robust. I did put mine in a sieve and wash them first though as they were quite dusty..being rcks and all.

Landmann 0273 3Kg Lava Rock Pack