4.0 out of 5 stars Industry standard
These are renowned amongst audio engineers for the great job they do of separating speakers from reasonant material e.g. a desk and hence producing a purer sound. They are quite pricey for what is just a few pieces of foam but they work and they work well.
Published on 29 Mar 2010 by eyeglass

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Go to Dunelm and buy some £1.50/metre foam - does the same thing.
Published 5 days ago by Twista

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Industry standard, 29 Mar 2010
This review is from: AURALEX ACOUSTICS MOPAD Home studio accessories Speakers pads (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars made a big difference to sound, 1 May 2012
L. R. Butler - See all my reviews
I bought these mainly because i wanted to stop using spikes on my wood floor. So cosmetic reasons really. I did not think they would make a discernible difference to the sound. I was wrong. They certainly did. A great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars If any of you have centre speakers resting directly on a shelf or AV cabinet, read on..., 31 Aug 2013
2 major benefits of the mo-pads in my set-up:

They sufficiently prevent speaker vibration turning my whole AV cabinet into an involuntary speaker.
They enable you to angle the centre speaker to point more directly at your ears rather than at knee-level. As our knees aren't especially capable at hearing, this is a Good Thing.

I was surprised at how many pads you get, giving you quite a few mounting and angle options. Has really helped me hear more of the drivers and less of the cabinets. When you consider how much we spend on half-decent home cinema set-ups, it's really worth the money to get your system performing at its best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product but slightly unhappy., 8 Nov 2013
Andrew Flint (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I love the product it's made a huge different and makes my setup look even better while making the speakers a lot nicer while removing basically all vibration.

The one thing that's rather annoyed me is that the "AuraLex" badges are on upside down, which is just insanely weird and annoying looking.. luckily I need to turn the pads round so the speakers can be angled upwards.. but when I put them in the normal position they're upside down, I've actually pulled off the badges and stuck them back on myself because of how stupid they looked upside down.

Just a small thing but it's getting down-stared for it as really you're just spending £32 on think dense foam.. and they can't even get their own brand label on correctly.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb pads make a great difference, 21 Aug 2013
These really are a superb set of pads that make a great difference.

I have had my speakers for many years and didn't appreciate the difference to the sound output made when they are just sitting on a shelf.

Now they sit on the pads, not in contact with anything else, the sound output is much improved.

I really think these pads should be recommended by the speaker manufacturers as I would have gotten these with the speakers if I had known

Very much recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sceptiple at first but well worth purchasing for better sound quality, 18 Dec 2014
A little bit sceptical regarding this product but it actually has made a fantastic difference to my sound, I have an Arcam Solo Music with Monitor Audio RS1 speakers, the sound was a little flat and had not real feel to the music, I don't like a heavy bass but prefer more clarity I know there are better products available to purchase but it all comes down to finances at the end of the day.
The speakers were sitting on a wooden floor next to curtains and by now using the Mopads this has enhanced the quality of the sound immensely, it is much clearer and a more defined sound is now produced very happy for the money I spent.
I was actually thinking of spending a lot more money to upgrade the speakers but now don't have to, not for a while anyway, makes the other half happy on that front.

5.0 out of 5 stars makes a big difference to transients, 14 Dec 2012
I have used these pads for years and I'm an audio engineer for my profession.

When you put your speakers on these it will not only clean up the bass end but at the same time some of the low mids and lower frequencies should sound punchier and have more transients,

your speakers need to be isolated to hear anything with accuracy. I personally use these on some Brennel stands filled with builders sand using KRK V6 series II speakers, they sound great and it has improved the accuracy of my monitoring especially in the bass end.

top quality product and essential if you mix music and want a better sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved my resonating issue's, 27 Jun 2014
their are actually 4 of the pads you see in the image, so it is for a set of two speakers. I have Monitor Audios BX2's on my desk, was noticing some major resonating issues, tried books, cloth, packaging foam etc to no avail.

Came across these, thought they where slightly pricey but worth it if you want the most out your speakers on a surface. Would defiantly recommend if you are having problems getting a good sound. I notice a huge difference. Yes you open them and think "why did I pay this much for foam" / "am I mad" but it does make a huge difference and is not 'normal' foam. This is also coming from a audiophile who does NOT think £500 USB2 cables make a difference.

Many ways to have them, very cool the way you can have multiple angle options to direct the sound. Comes with a Auralex logo bubble sticker on 2 (of the 4) pads, it can easily be peeled off and stuck on the side so they all match, if you're like that :).

Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a huge difference to my speakers, 11 Jun 2014
My new speakers sounded good before using these. Read some reviews and was sceptical about all the 'rave' reviews. Turns out they were actually warranted. And the speakers now sound great.

Still just a few bits of foam though aren't they?

5.0 out of 5 stars makes a big difference, 18 Feb 2014
after reading reviews decided to purchase these and they were worth it. makes a big difference with regards to bass and if you touch them while playing music you can feel how much sound they soak up ! well worth it !

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›