on 18 December 2011
This is a lovely Harmonica. I bought it for my son on the recommendation from my boss who is a skilled musician. This is ideal for beginners, grown up beginners that is, do not confuse this with a child's toy, this is a lovely, well built musical instrument, but allows the flexibility of sound and is forgiving enough to allow beginners to get great enjoyment out if it,before picking a specific style.

The Harmonica comes in its own box. the Harmonica is about maximum 6 inches across, metal, with an engraved design on the top and I am sure my son will love it.
on 17 June 2014
I have been playing harp for over 25 yrs and have tried a few different makes but........the marine band has a brilliant tone and reliability along with durability ! have had trouble with other makes .......some lasted a couple of weeks! The marine band can outshine a lot of others for its staying power and is great for amateurs and pro players alike.
on 13 February 2015
1896 marine band is THE best blues harmonica on the market today. It's the cheaper end of the pro series.Over many many years had them all
for blues there is nothing close.
The only problem I have is buying from Amazon direct. Very good and everything will use again because it may only have been a one off BUT I bought ia 1896 marine band and it looked like it had had someone blow it. It works well so no complaints but when I opened it I could tell straight away
.For the record I have been playing blues harp on and off prof for over 35 years, so I do have some idea a
on 4 March 2014
Bought this Harp in key of A. I, intend getting another couple of keys depending on how I get on, and, so far so good, trying to practice a little every day, and most of all enjoying it. Go out and buy one, you won,t find a cheaper instrument out there than the Harp, and it doesn,t take up as much space as my drum kit, and you can keep it in your pocket, No Cases To Lug Around.
on 14 November 2015
Great item but not the item I ordered. I ordered a Marine band "A" but was posted out Marine Band "G". Not to worried as I will keep it and reorder another Hohner Marine Band "A"
on 9 March 2014
Needed a blues harp quick and this was delivered within two days. What else can I say. It's a hohner and I love hohner. Simple as that but also great packaging and service
on 27 April 2013
if you want a harp go to hohner. the marine band is the best for blues & r'n'b. its tone is right blows the others out of sight
on 11 January 2013
I'd still buy these over the blues harps as they seem to have a longer life. Been very consistent over the years.
on 4 January 2015
Arrived promptly considering Christmas busy period. Was a much loved present.
on 1 February 2016
cracking sound ( tone ) much better than my key c, no comparison.