5.0 out of 5 stars Best Wah Pedal ever
This pedal surpasses any other wah pedal ever built - it is robust and the treble to bass foot lever is 100% responsive to even the most subtle of string bends - a must have pedal for any lover of the wah pedal.

Just watch out for the jaw ache that is inherent within this pedal - one cannot help but simulate the sounds produced with mouth action...
Published on 13 Jan 2010 by Ms. D. J. Rashley

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but not good enough unfortunately
Published on 12 Jun 2009 by Ian Halton

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Wah Pedal ever, 13 Jan 2010
Ms. D. J. Rashley (UK) - See all my reviews

Simon Connor/Deborah Rashley

4.0 out of 5 stars wuuoooaaaaoouuaWAAAOOOUUOOUUAAAWWWW, 23 Mar 2011
Being terrible at guitar solos, I needed a wah pedal to make my music sound acceptable to the human brain without making it bleed. Too many gigs had ended in tragedy.

Luckily, as soon as I invested in a Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby I was elevated to the status of rock deity. I have grown an extra three fingers on each hand and my solos make inanimate objects spontaneously orgasm.

Thank you, Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good service, 9 Jan 2010
This review is from: Jim Dunlop The Original Crybaby Pedal (Electronics)
Anyone who buys this pretty much know the Wah pedal sound it's gonna give. My first order came within 2 days but the stomp switch engagement too stiff and stays almost "permanently" on after first engagement. The seller's service was so prompt that I receive an exchange by courier the very next day after I reported. :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but not good enough unfortunately, 12 Jun 2009
Ian Halton (Chester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jim Dunlop The Original Crybaby Pedal (Electronics)
I'd had my cry baby for roughly 8 months and during this time it worked very well with the setup i had. Unfortunately, after this period, it suddenly decided to die on me and fail to work. At first i thought it just needed a battery change but this wasn't it. It does still work however through the clean sound setting but as soon as you click the switch nothing happens and there's just a low humming sound. It's a long shot but does anyone know what has gone wrong and what has happened to it? (especially as i've never dropped it or anything like that).

Anyway, the times it was working i couldn't fault it one bit its just that i have huge doubts over its durability unfortunately.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greats, 9 Nov 2008
This review is from: Jim Dunlop The Original Crybaby Pedal (Electronics)
A must for any performing lead guitar player. You cannot go wrong with the cry baby, it sounds awesome with a gig setup. This and a tubescreamer with a tube amp slightly overheated and you will be in guitar heaven.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm good but only with a fiddle, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jim Dunlop The Original Crybaby Pedal (Electronics)
This is a good pedal, it is the entry level Jim Dunlop wah. For a couple quid more you can get a hendrix or classic which is probly better. But if you have a limited budget you can take down these giants with simple few mods. If you have no interest in adding conductors into your pedal then one simple mod you MUST do, open the pedal and change the position of the pot. The wah standardly has a very shrill top end and this can be amended with a screwdriver to open the pedal and your finger to push the pot towards you a notch or two.

I recommend a power supply as wahs can eat batteries like babies eat bananas. But be careful as a few sparks have gone flying about when I plugged it in via a daisy chain.

Also don't expect to be hendrix straight away. It takes a lil while to become accomplished with a wah whilst playing. Highly recommend for everyone who plays guitar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pedal!, 28 Sep 2012
This review is from: Jim Dunlop The Original Crybaby Pedal (Electronics)
I got this pedal as I was learning 'Man in the Box' from Alice in Chains 'Facelift' guitar book I got form Amazon. I found it not only good for thta song but also to use in my own songs too. It is easy to use once you get used to it and you dont' have to press it down to hard either. One thing I will say is that you Have to be frim when you put the battery in if you are using one But ohter than that it's great! I reccomend it for any rock guitarist who wants soemthing a little bit different to add to their sound!

5.0 out of 5 stars BAM... and your in heaven, 25 July 2011
This is fantastic

Best pedal I have ever owned.

Best thing to do is to leave it in one position and it gives a completely different sound to the music.

Just play around and you can't go wrong.

Strong robust cast iron design, I havn't broken it yet. But I won't stop trying.
I'm visiting the Spinikar Tower next week to test how well the pavement holds up.

I should try it in space, it is that good it would beat the feather hands down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential kit, 6 July 2010
Peter Acres "Peter" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jim Dunlop The Original Crybaby Pedal (Electronics)
The original Crybaby wah is by far the best pedal of it's kind, although it may leave some users wanting more.
If this is the case, don't be tempted to go for the gimmicky custom Crybaby models like the Slash wah or the Dimebag wah, they look cool, but are ultimately overpriced for what they do.
Go for the Crybaby 535Q Wah, it will do everything the custom jobs will do and then a bit more, pretty much every parameter is adjustable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 28 Sep 2012
This review is from: Jim Dunlop The Original Crybaby Pedal (Electronics)
I know very little about Wah Wah pedals except that they sound cool!!

So when I saw the crybaby for a mere 69 in my local music store I thought to myself "that's cheap, probably not the best one but I will take it". And boy am I so glad I did!!

The sound of this beauty is astonishing. Ranging from low tone wobbles to full blown screeching it's perfect for any style you want!!! After further research I discovered not only is the crybaby first choice for many famous guitarists, it's also really good value too! The only thing I found annoying is that it doesn't come with a power supply, however it runs on the rectangular 9volt batteries you can get in any good store so it's not that bad. Plus there is plug-in supplies you can buy from most music shops too.

With a strong Zinc build and thick rubber padding, this monster will last forever. Seriously playing guitar and not owning a Jim Dunlop Crybaby should be illegal!! and at the price of 65 it's a MUST!

Jim Dunlop The Original Crybaby Pedal