5.0 out of 5 stars You are the Boss if you own this one
I am as always a very big fan of BOSS. Have about 6 Boss Compact Pedals. My room always looked messy with pedals and cables lying here and there all around the floor and so did the stage floor in front of where I used to stand with my guitar. But since I got this BCB60, everything is right in place in order and very tidy whether it's home or stage.

It's made of...
Published on 6 Feb. 2008 by Mr. Bluesman

3.0 out of 5 stars Good unit but a bit overpriced
I have had my BCB-60 Pedal Board for about 4 years now so thought that as today's model is exactly the same I'd share my experience.

Ruggedness: 3/5
Published on 13 Aug. 2010 by Daz the Rebel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good unit but a bit overpriced, 13 Aug. 2010

Ruggedness: 3/5
After two months of gig abuse the clips that hold the case shut for transit broke (being a very poor design and made of cheap plastic). Ever since then I have been using cable wire to keep it shut which isn't ideal. The power supply fair little better lasting just 3 months, I have since replaced it with a multi-adapter PSU from Maplins. The jack plugs are now showing signs of ware and are quite rusty in places and I may need to replace them soon (though if this is not possible I may be looking at a new unit). Having said that the case in general has taken more than it's fair share of abuse and even though it is now looking very tatty is still holding up well (plus I quite like the gig-worn look anyway!)

Usability: 4/5
It is quite flexible in that the foam padding can be cut to shape if you are not exclusively using Boss pedals - I am using 3 boss pedals (Tuner, Bass EQ & Chorus) plus a Ibanez Bass Distortion and a Bass Wah. You do have to set the wiring up yourself but then all the jack leads and power cables you need are supplied and once your done that's it your done - much better than having to set them up on the floor at every gig! However if the case gets knocked about a bit in the transit I sometimes open the case to find some of the pedals have moved out of position.

Sound: 4/5
How can you rate the sound when it doesn't produce any itself? Well I am rating this because the trained ear will notice some noise depending on the power source. The original Boss PSU did produce slightly less hum though when all's said and done even the Maplins PSU I am using now doesn't produce hum that anyone other than me notices. The shielding and quality of the supplied power cables isn't great and after 4 years use they are becoming a bit noisy when moved.

Value/Overall: 3/5
It is a good unit but I can't being myself to give it more than 3 stars because it is expensive for what it is. I am due an upgrade soon and I am thinking I might fork out a bit more cash and get a proper custom made flight case. However this has served me well over the last 4 years and is could probably survive for a while longer yet. Bare in mind I have really run this unit through the mill, it has probably done nearly 400 gigs and god knows how many practice sessions. If you treat it right and don't abuse it like I have it could work out fine for you but I'm a gigging musician and could do with something a bit tougher next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars You are the Boss if you own this one, 6 Feb. 2008

It's made of Heavy Duty Plastic and inside is Sponge (same ones that are used in the studio walls) for Pedal protection. Good Patch Cables are included for tidy Pedal connections. 8 Pin Parallel DC Cables (included) can hide under the Panels for power supply. Two small Pockets are there for storage of AC Adaptor (included) and Tuner (not included). All perfect.

There are 3 Pads that can be adjusted to fit either 6 Boss Compact Pedals or 3 Boss Twin Pedals. Or the mixture of 4 Compacts and 1 Twin or 2 Compacts and 2 Twins. The right hand side Panel can be moved to fit Boss PW10 V-Wah. Even Digitech Pedals and Behringer Pedals do nicely fit. Or any Pedals that has the same dimension as the Boss. But I'm not sure about other Pedals such as Dunlop Wahs or MXRs.

Believe me, I may not have impressed people with my guitar playing. But I have impressed many people with this one. My 6 Pedals AC2, SD1, DS1, CH1, DD3 and RV5 with this BCB60 make me Boss. It looks like it's my self-made Multi Effect. All I need to do is open the cover, jack my guitar into its Input and connect the Amps to Outputs (there are 2 Outputs) and ROCK ON !

Not only that but this is very easy to carry and handy Pedal Board. But one thing - you look like a builder with toolbox heading to site. Ha ha ha .....

4.0 out of 5 stars Good board, 27 April 2012
M. Wilson - See all my reviews
I really love this piece of kit, yes for what you get it is overpriced but I can't find a good board that isn't.

First up, I do not own any Boss pedals just Behringer and Beta Aivin, and both fit well into the spaces in the foam and hold firmly. This comes with a single daisy chain lead for power which tucks neatly under the horizontal bar with the blue writing (in the photos) as do patch leads if you need to hide them away.

The plastic is reasonably solid and will cope with being moved around. Not sure how it would cope with being slung off a tall building or being run over by a transit but then it isn't really designed for that. The clips that hold it shut are just plastic sliding things and I suspect will be the first parts to go. There are padlock lugs here to lock it if you need that option.

The lid has a foam insert to hold everything in place and this it does well, it is comfortable enough for a baby to sleep in, trust me my two year old tried it whilst I was using it at home so it must be good (not that I suggest using it as such).

Beyond that there is not much to say, it has a fairly simple task in life which is to keep all your pedals safely in place and this it does well. A good product, just a shame about the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars functions well, 1 April 2013
This review is from: Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board (Electronics)
Good to order the pedals and cables in a neat package. No more loose items kicking around the floor. Useful to carry for band practice and gigs.
Wish it had more space for a few more effects pedals.
Quite heavy to carry around.
Overall a useful product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect aside from the flimsy latches, 4 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board (Electronics)
I like this board, I really do. I mean, it carries and powers my pedals, it organises them, it is solid and durable...however those 2 latches that seal the box are the absolute epitome of stupid cost-cutting reputation-destroying decision making I've ever seen. They rarely stay shut when in transit, requiring a vigilant watch on who is carrying it, and sometimes they slide into position without securing it at all. Very sneaky!

If these latches were fixed to a more reliable design, or if an attachment was provided to replace the function of these plastic excuses for latches, then I'd happily proselytise about this pedal board everywhere. However, until that happens I give it less stars than it could have earned, and I repeat the warning that other reviewers have made about securing this when it's in transit.

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't usually post reviews, but I feel very passionately angry about this product..., 5 April 2015
This review is from: Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board (Electronics)
Latch Broke after literally less than 10 short acoustic gigs (obviously including a few rehearsals in between) but this really is a piece of crap.
Its way too chunky/uncomfortable to hold; if its filled up the handle wears into your hand, and it can be uncomfortable to carry around public transport.

I'd recommend a pedal train mini which has a wait smaller foot print and will fit pretty much the same amount of pedals, and has a soft handle, as well as a strap to go around your shoulders/back.

This pedalboard is definitely not worth the money, yes it does have a power supply but you can get a daisy chain or just buy a power supply separately. if you do insist on getting this pedalboard, consider the Behringer version which looks like exactly the same but is a lot cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pedal board, 29 April 2015
This review is from: Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board (Electronics)
I am more than pleased with the Boss BCB 60 board purchased from Amazon. All my pedals are now neatly stored and protected instead of being all over the place, they are all wired up ready to use and all I have to do is plug in the power supply for the board and the guitar / amp leads and I'm ready to go. The quality of the board is excellent and makes transporting the pedals simple. Great product!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful kit but design could be improved to allow power ..., 12 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board (Electronics)
Useful kit but design could be improved to allow power supply to sit inside the box when in use and connecting leads not hang over the edges. Can't power a Cry Baby wahwah from supplied power distribution lead. Apart from that, I like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pedalboard, 25 Mar. 2010
Mr. M. Hayes (Swanage, UK) - See all my reviews
I needed a pedalboard to keep my pedals and leads tidy. I have a mixture of pedals, Boss, Marshall and MXR and these pedals fitted into the pre-cut backing material. The MXR pedal is smaller than Boss pedals so I put a thin piece of spacing material along two edges and it is held snuggly in place. The PSU has a generous 1000mA output.

I did consider the cheaper Behringer board and although the materials are similar the Boss board is of a higher quality and the cables are better.

When turning up at a gig it looks much more professional having the pedals in a board and of course you are not likely forget a pedal.

After all, it is a Boss!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good., 23 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board (Electronics)
Took a little bit of figuring out how to connect everything up to the amps effects loop at first.I looked online,found a diagram of how to connect,and problem solved.
Good product.Would recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›