5.0 out of 5 stars Martin Magic
Have used Martin strings on my Yamaha steel string guitar for many years. They give a good meaty sound and last for years.
They are usually very expensive and the price here is much cheaper than the music shops. These are the genuine article and sound fantastic.

Published on 1 May 2010 by Philip

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but a bit cold.
These strings are well made and should last a reasonably long time. They do sound a bit cold and mechanical though, so if you want a warm sounding guitar I wouldn't go for M150 strings.
Published 23 months ago by H

5.0 out of 5 stars Martin Magic, 1 May 2010
Philip (Colchester Essex) - See all my reviews

One tip - I like heavy strings on my guitar. Martin are much `heavier' than other makes - so go for a much lighter rating than you would normally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional quality., 1 Aug 2010
G. Scott (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Martin M170 Extra Light Acoustic Guitar Strings (Electronics)
I have used Martin strings for a long time (25 years +) and recently thought that I might be missing something by being so single minded. So I bought other manufacturers' strings. I am now back with the Martin strings having wasted time and money, experimenting with others. Martin strings settle down quite quickly. This makes them essential for someone doing live performances. Once tuned they hold their pitch indefinitely. I have found that if you keep the strings in good tune, that they are still clean and bright for well over a year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Martin 80/20 Acoustic Guitar Strings Light & Extra Light, 19 Dec 2010
G. Griffiths - See all my reviews
Martin 80/20 Acoustic Guitar Strings - Bronze Wound (Light, .012 - .054)Martin M170 Extra Light (.010-.047) Bronze Acoustic Strings
I have used Martin Strings for many years & find them extremely good for keeping in tune especially after a few days settling in period which I haven't found with other makers
I play a Martin-00018EC,Freshman-500-Pro series,with Light's & a Fender Telecaster with Extra-light's
Whether playing fingerstyle or plectrum for Blues,Jazz,or Rock you won't be disappointed with the quality--finally I always buy through Amazon because as a general rule Music shops hike the prices for strings & accessories
Hope you find this information of value
Glyn Griffiths

5.0 out of 5 stars A good choice, 19 Jan 2011
M. Hinchliffe - See all my reviews
I don't think you can go wrong with Martin strings. I have been a guitarist for many years and tried different types of strings and Martin's are impressive. It doesn't take long before they settle down and stop going out of tune. Also, even though the ones I use are extra light they appear tough and do not break that easily. Well worth the price. Not a huge saving getting them via Amazon, but a reasonable saving anyway. It saves a trip to the music shop also!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Strings, 20 Nov 2010
A. Kozadaev - See all my reviews
Great strings. I was using strings from other vendors previously, but I will definitely stick with Martin from now on. The strings sat very fast (1-2 days) and stay in tune afterwards. The strings have a solid, rich sound and an electric guitar feel (amazingly it's so easy to bend these strings). Simply the best value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great strings for a first try at medium gaugue, 4 Dec 2009
This was my first time trying out medium strings, and the price of these meant that it wasn't much of a gamble. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the strings sound clean and rich. You won't be disappointed.

If you're new to medium strings they are a little hard on the fingers at first, and a little harder to play. But the improvement in tone is well worth it.

Martin strings are great quality, cheap strings - and well worth buying. But if you're looking to buy some more expensive, long-term strings; I would recommend going for Elixir medium acoustic guitar strings. They last a lot longer, and feel a lot nicer, but are probably getting on for twice the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars good for soft fingers, 27 Feb 2010
amazing for new players, bar chords and things are easier due to the softness of the string.
also easier to bend and tap, providing an easier route to alternative techniques.
I've been using these for a long time now.

they are on the quiet side, and degrade in sound quality faster than alternatives, i recommend buying more than one pack at a time, which is fine because they are so damn cheap :D

perfect practice strings.

remember never to tune up past the recommended note, tune down then use a capo to achieve different tunings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Strings, 13 Oct 2011
These strings are excellent. They have an incredibly bright sound and made my guitar sound 20 times better. They came quickly and were very easy to tune once on my guitar.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but a bit cold., 18 Aug 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Strings, 14 Dec 2011
Excellent value for money an just about the best guitar strings available. The price was unbeatable and the service excellent. I could not ask for more and will certainly order from this source again.