‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Two by Two, 1 Jun. 2009
Earth Love (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orchard Toys Two by Two (Toy)
My daughter is 18 months old. She loves this she doesn't play it exactly acccording to the instructions, but just enjoys picking out the pairs and posting them into the box. This has been brilliant for increasing her vocabulary and teaching her concepts such as 'Same' and 'different' 'inside' and 'outside'. it also helps parent to bond as me just sitting down playing a game with her is so beneficial to our relationship.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of our favourites, 29 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Orchard Toys Two by Two (Toy)
My daughter of nearly 3 loves this game. We bought it for her 2nd birthday and have played it several different ways. First I removed most of the cards, put about 5 pairs on the table, and let her pick them out and post them into the ark (obviously the best bit!) Then we gradually increased the number of cards; now we play "properly", either as a pairs game with the cards face down, or where we each have a hand of animals and have to pick out their pairs. She generally prefers the animals over other similar games with objects or toy pictures.

It's interesting how she has developed with this over a year - her concentration span is longer now, she has a much better memory for where cards are, and she can name all the animals. The posting remains popular!

Recommended as a gift for age 2 or 3.

4.0 out of 5 stars Colourful and fun - a classic, 16 April 2009
S. O'Hare - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orchard Toys Two by Two (Toy)
This game is great for young children to learn to recognise animals, to develop memory skills and a bit of good healthy competition. My 3 year olds love playing it and my 6 year old nephew has enjoyed playing with them a few times. The game cards are colourful and clear, the rules easy and slotting the paired animals into an Ark is an added fun bonus for them. They know the difference between a Toucan and a parrot thanks to this game!

5.0 out of 5 stars very interesting toy!, 1 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Orchard Toys Two by Two (Toy)
This toy was bought for research purposes. The main aim behind this task was to break the ice with the children and to make sure they understand the meaning of "similar items", as a starter for another game. All of the children I had in my study loved this game so much. They found it very interesting and enjoyed playing it. In addition, I played this game with more than 20 children and not a single defect happened to it!
Besides its entertaining purpose, this is an invaluable, educational toy! You can teach children a lot from it, like the names of animals, description in terms of colours and numbers, matching, etc.
I would recommend it for parents and researchers dealing with kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great first game for young children, 11 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Orchard Toys Two by Two (Toy)
When the game arrived I read through the instructions with my son and we quickly set up the game for play. It is very simple to understand the instructions and, despite being only 2 ½, my daughter quickly understood what she had to do.

As with the other Orchard Toys games we have, the playing pieces are incredibly well made and chunky enough for little hands to grasp and play with without causing any damage if they are a little too rough. The ark is a great size and, as with the playing pieces, very sturdy. It is great the ark came with Noah and his wife too – although not needed for gameplay they are a nice addition to the game.

Both of my children really enjoy playing Two by Two together and it is great to see my son help his sister to develop her matching and memory skills as well as learning how to take turns and play games.

We think Two by Two is a great first game for any young child and, as with all of the other Orchard Toys games we have, it is excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars great animal themed toy, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Orchard Toys Two by Two (Toy)
I bought this for my 2 1/4 year old and he loves it. So far all we do is lay out the colourful picture cards face up so he can look for and pick out the pairs then posts them in the Ark (his favourite bit) but there is any number of ways you can use this game as well as the educational tips and suggestions on the box. Also as he develops this game will develop with him and can become more complex and involve memory and other skills. Great variety of animals but wondered what a rain cloud was doing in there - I thought they had run out of ideas then doh! Ofcourse...the rain led to the flood which was why Noah made his ark...but another bugbear of mine - why is it always jungle animals?!! I'd like to see some deers and badgers and hedgehogs. Wonder if Orchard Toys could devise some game based around British wildlife.....?

4.0 out of 5 stars Age 3 - 6 not 2 - 6 as described..., 19 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Orchard Toys Two by Two (Toy)
This is described as being for ages 2 - 6 but on the box it says it's for ages 3 - 6. I bought it for my daughter who's aged 18 months. Whilst she's way to young to be able to actually play the game, she really enjoys posting the cards into the Ark and finding matching pairs etc. The illustrations are nice and the Ark itself is pretty sturdy. Not sure it'll last until she's 3 though, so we might need to buy another if we're actually going to play the game!

5.0 out of 5 stars It looks fab, 29 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Orchard Toys Two by Two (Toy)
This was a gift for my 2 year old nephew so can't really comment on the actual game, but having opened the box can see that the pieces are of usual Orchard high standard. Sturdy and colourful. The ark is pre-built and pieces kept inside for easy storage.
My sister says my nephew loves playing it, even though he is slightly too young to understand actual rules and is more interested in putting the cards in the ark!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Orchard Toys Two by Two (Toy)
i bought this game for my 4 year old daughter, we both enjoy it very much, the only annoying thing was that the cards kept coming out the bottom of the ark if we had to move it during game play, i soon sorted this problem by sellotape a piece of paper over the hole at the bottom of the ark as you can open the ark from the side to take the cards out, but it is a very good game i would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality toy, good for learning animal names and matching, 17 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Orchard Toys Two by Two (Toy)
I bought this to play with my son aged 22 months. We spread the tiles face up and find matching pairs to post in the box. He enjoys finding the pairs and enjoys posting them in the box most of all! The tiles and box are well made and I'm hoping to get a few years use out of it.

My only criticism is that the animal pictures aren't very realistic and I'm not sure what all of them are!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›