5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Fun - with noise
My 6 year old chose this and I have to admit I was dubious about how long it would last. I have been proven wrong. Its great. The pieces slot together in whatever order the child chooses and an amazing amount of satisfaction is had from the noise that comes out.
Published on 4 Dec 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but a bit wobbly
I bought this for my girls, and the concept is a great one and there are so many bits that they can both create a flute at the same time. My only gripe is that it tends to fall apart as the joints between the pieces are too lose which can be very frustrating. On this basis, I wouldn't recommend, sorry.
Published on 10 Oct 2011 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Fun - with noise, 4 Dec 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Super Saxoflute (Toy)
My 2 year old has also discovered it. It has stood up well to her chewing of the mouth pieces. No splits or breaks despite her best efforts.
Simple and fun. The sound isn't too loud either - thank heaven - no matter how hard they blow. Believe me my children have tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars CREDIT WHERE CREDIT'S DUE!, 2 Aug 2008
This review is from: Super Saxoflute (Toy)
My daughter bought her son (my grandson) a Saxoflute for his 2nd birthday.
That was 18 months ago and not a day has gone by without it coming out of the toy box. He loves it and watching him play with it is amazing - he uses it to make all sorts of things! I credit this toy with helping him develop in so many ways - hand eye co-ordination, imagination, improvisation, attention span, colour recognition etc.
Credit to Quercetti for making a fun, durable toy that's as cheap as chips and credit to my daughter for buying it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A sure fire winner!, 7 Sep 2008
This review is from: Super Saxoflute (Toy)
The saxoflute was a great find, my 19 month old loves it! I bought the basic 16 piece version and it works on so many different levels... she loves fitting the pieces together, matching the colour parts together and just generally blowing and making noise... fantastic!
A toy I know she will be playing with for a long time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but a bit wobbly, 10 Oct 2011
Amazon Customer "jam.mail" (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Saxoflute, 5 Jan 2009
This review is from: Super Saxoflute (Toy)
As I play the saxophone I thought I'd buy this for my 18 month year old daughter so that she could join in. I wasn't disappointed. The pieces fit easily together and the different shapes/instruments you can make are great. Each long straight section has a single hole so like a recorder, covering them alters the pitch. I do agree with one of the reviewers comments that some pieces are a loose fit and this can cause the parts to fall off. However I just wrapped a single piece of sellotape around the ends and this provided a more snug fit.

2.0 out of 5 stars super saxoflute?, 17 Nov 2008
D. Leslie (UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Super Saxoflute (Toy)
Based on the great reviews for this, I bought one for my son's 4th birthday as he loves music and construction. He was very excited and couldn't wait to build the designs in the book - and his own too. Except that the pieces don't all fit nicely together. As they are too loose, we have not been able to make many of the more complex designs - the pieces don't stay in place unless we make and keep it on the floor.....but then you can't blow it! However, he has played with it for a little bit as he just leaves the pieces in the box that don't fit properly (6 of them, which amounts to quite a bit if trying to make an instrument) or patiently keeps on righting the falling piece in his construction. He likes the idea of it though and will pick it up from time to time to build something to blow.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Keep Together., 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Super Saxoflute (Toy)
While my son loved this toy straight out of the box, actually playing with it has been very frustrating for him because the pieces just don't stay together. His beautiful instrument creations are always coming to bits in his hands.

4.0 out of 5 stars Get out the ear plugs, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: Super Saxoflute (Toy)
I bought this for my Granddaughter and she loves it, so does her older brother. So much so that my daughter banned them from using it at the same time. Apparently it can get rather loud. Be warned!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!`, 13 Dec 2012
Ms. R. S. Novavi (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Super Saxoflute (Toy)
My 2 and 4 year olds both really enjoy playing with this toy. Very easy to put together and endless variation. Can be a little annoying when they run around the house tooting the final product, but it's still great fun for them and really creative. Have had it for over a year now and it's still in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fun, 26 April 2011
This review is from: Super Saxoflute (Toy)
We got this as a joint present for our little boy and girl, aged 6 and 2 respectively and they both love to play with this. It is a noisy toy, but they enjoy putting it together in lots of different ways and then listening to the different sounds it makes. Definitely recommend it to others.

Super Saxoflute