5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!
I recently bought the DVD as my videos of both this and Stage By Stage are getting rather old now. I readily confess to being a bit of a Miz fanatic, also owning two French versions on CD as well as the Complete Symphonic Recording (on cassette - could do with updating to CD!) and having seen the production some years ago in Manchester.

This anniversary...
Published on 26 May 2007 by Fiona Jephson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the film - actors singing in concert set up
This dvd is just the actors singing the songs from the show, with some photographs shown of the stage plays occasionally.
We had expected it to be a recording of the stage show, but please note the word "Concert" in the title! Singers were fantastic, and the overall feel of the musical is there, just no action. Don't buy if you are expecting to see the actual...
Published 9 months ago by C. smith

‹ Previous | 1 2 331 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Les Miserables 10th Anniversary Concert at the Royal Albert Hall, 11 Oct 2010
This review is from: Les Miserables 10th Anniversary Concert At The Royal Albert Hall (2 Disc Collector's Edition) [DVD] (DVD)
This concert is a fantastic master piece.
Great moments of joy during the superb songs "I dreammed a dream" and "Master of the house".

5.0 out of 5 stars The best story ever told!!!, 31 Jan 2007
C. Cooper "Chris C" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
After watching this DVD, I immediately bought tickets for the stage show. A must for all Les Mis fans. If you have never seen the stage show, then buy this DVD and be prepared to be spellbound. It has been claimed that this is the greatest musical ever.......It is and by a country mile. But don't just buy it for the songs. This is as powerful a story as you will ever hear. It would be unfair to single out any of the cast for a special mention, but since others haven't mentioned her, I'll just say that I was blown away by the voice of Lea Salonga. This is the best money you will ever spend!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!!!!!, 23 July 2009
I really love musicals and since I live in Italy where musical theater isn't as good as in the UK or in the USA I had to see Les Misérables which is considered one of the most beautiful musicals ever made.
Since there's no DVD of the stage production I chose to buy this DVD and I must say that the concert is amazing and the cast is superb. I loved Lea Salonga as Eponine and Ruthie Henshall as Fantine (they are so moving!!!). I didn't know the rest of the cast and I remained speechless when I heard "Stars" sung by Philip Quast (Javert) and "Do you hear the people sing?" by Michael Maguire (Enjolras). Jenny Galloway as Mme Thénardier was really funny!!!!!! Obviously I loved the rest of the cast too!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars LES MIERABLES DVD IS GOOD FOR ME., 28 Feb 2009
John C. Webb "THEORGANMAN" (OXFORD,ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
LES MISERABLES DREAM CAST DVD.
Others may have more specific tastes as to who they wish to see in certain roles in this production, but for someone who just loves the music, especially "Master of the House", this is brilliant. Alun Armstrong is magic for me and the other cast members who perform on this DVD bring back all the memories of the night that we attended the theatre in grand style. I loved it! My five year old granddaughter has learned the response to "Everyone raise a glass", only because it upsets her mum, and if a performance can keep a child of that age entranced for an hour the cost of this DVD is money well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 5 Jan 2010
Until seeing Subo on Britains got talent I knew nothing about the story or music of Les Mis But after hearing her sing that beautiful song I wanted to know more.

I was not dissapointed, the whole family have watched this video twice now and will definately be watching it again. We now know the songs and the story and are desperate to see it live.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing, 11 Aug 2009
Mrs. P. Thompson (England) - See all my reviews
Excellent! Well worth the purchase and Colm singing 'Bring him home' brought tears to my eyes. I had to repeat that section. At first I was disappointed as I thought there would be more acting with singing but the way the performers portrayed there part and performed made me completely forget and I was totally absorbed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 Jun 2009
Liz (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I have never seen the stage show, but have heard some of the music before, so thought this would be good to hear. I enjoyed the fabulous cast and the orchestra. Don't buy this thinking it is the actual musical on DVD, there is no acting, but absolutely fabulously done. Will watch over and over again.

4.0 out of 5 stars 2nd attempt to release the show. maybe 3rd attempt will be complete, 26 Mar 2011
This is the 2nd DVD release of this concert which i purchasd hoping it would contain the missing footage but unfortunitly not. I find it shocking that more footage on original VHS releasse.

Other than that it is a very enjoyable concert which i listen to on regular basis and watch quite often.

2nd Disc is bit of a let down as its more about how west end show was put together not not a behind the scenes of the actual concert which would have been interestig to view

5.0 out of 5 stars must see, 31 Aug 2010
absolutely brilliant, alot of original and best cast members. creating a wonderful two and a half hours entertainment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Les Miserables 10th Ann Concert, 25 Aug 2010
A great video and a great production very pleased I purchased the DVD

‹ Previous | 1 2 331 | Next ›