Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£13.98+ £1.26 shipping

on 25 March 2007
It all comes flooding back to me everytime I see this fantastic cover. I use to go into my little friendly record shop and thumble through the dog eared record sleeves, and I always had a quick look in the K section just to read the back of this, so one day decided to buy it and couldnt wait to get home and play this, the sleeve I knew so well had finally come to its treasured resting place. As soon as the stylus cut into the black wax I knew this was something I should have bought weeks ago. Kansas then mid 70`s were a new kinda guitar/violin/keyboard progressive rock band and with the 1st album imaginatively called Kansas. Put all their goods on the stand for all to see. Some readers may only know this band through their hit single Carry on wayward son, from the excellent `Leftoverture` album. If you are new to Kansas then I recommend going right back to the begining. You will love it.A song for America is a dam fine rock album..
on 7 June 2015
the best kansas LP 5 stars ,I had to return LP because it was so badly warped .the quality of the LP pressings and the remastering from the company reissuing all the kansas albums on vinyl is very poor
on 12 December 2012
Kansas is one of prog rocks better outfits , and this one is the best of their earlier works. Song for America, is the standout track here and it is hit single worthy. The rest of the songs are great prog rockers made by a group of excellent musicians. The remaster sounds alot better than the first version too. It has two bonus tracks and that is a plus as well. Kansas is more than just their later works and this one proves it.
on 17 November 2013
Most Kansas fans will point you in the direction of Leftoverture or Point Of No Return as the "best" Kansas albums not me. I'd choose this and Masque every time. This is the perfect mix of prog / hard rock and melody. It's odd i prefer the albums either side of the big two (although they do have some fine tracks on them). This has probably got the quintessential Kansas prog classic in the title track and a real definitive hard rock belter in Down The Road. Well produced but not over polished this really is a vintage Kansas album from start to finish. Their best as far as i'm concerned. If you are a 70's rock fan you may well love this.Check it out.
on 2 October 2014