5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty Braces
Excellent product and perfect for my use which was to keep up a pair of alpine mountaineering trousers that I had lost the original braces from.
Published on 23 Aug. 2009 by D. J. Lynch

2.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty Braces
Published on 21 April 2010 by D. E. Jennings

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty Braces, 21 April 2010
D. E. Jennings (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 39243 Heavy-Duty Braces (Sports Apparel)
Maybe it's my fault, but I wasn't quite expecting the braces to be quite so heavy. I'm sure they'll probably be fine attached to a heavy belt and would go some way towards helping tools be carried while attached to a belt.They do look well made. I just purchased them to hold up trousers. Unfortunately, the clips don't attach well unless you've got a substantial belt to attach them to.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware, 31 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Draper 39243 Heavy-Duty Braces (Sports Apparel)
The braces are not as good as they look and the clips regularly lose their grip. I would not have bought them knowing what they would be like. If you are thinking about it look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty Braces, 23 Aug. 2009
D. J. Lynch "BlueDome" (Oldahm) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Strong but not long enough., 20 Jan. 2012
Mr. R. J. Currie "RonaldoC" (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 39243 Heavy-Duty Braces (Sports Apparel)
These are very sturdy braces however I am just under 6 feet tall and they are at the limit of adjustment and are still too short to be comfortable. The only elastic part is at the back and even that for me is stretched to the limit.
If you are under 5'10" then these are perfect. Strong clips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Draper HD Braces, 16 May 2011
This review is from: Draper 39243 Heavy-Duty Braces (Sports Apparel)
The braces are great now, they had to be tweaked a little, the clamps needed tightening with a pair of pliers, now they hold on to the waist band of my work trousers.
They are probably the best braces around for using at work which is what they are meant for, but bear in mind that you may have to do the same as me and do a little tweaking.
On balance i would recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brace Yourself, 25 Aug. 2008
Thomas Robb "Hobmachine" (Bangor, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 39243 Heavy-Duty Braces (Sports Apparel)
Cracking pair of braces which I use on a heavy duty pair of work trousers during practical pistol shoots where I am likely to be in mud, bashing into wooden baracades and general mayhem and where it is very inportant that your trousers don't fall down. Easily adjusted in seconds too. Great support. You tends to shoot much better when you know that your ass wont be on show for all to see in an instant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rock on Tommy, 13 July 2011
This review is from: Draper 39243 Heavy-Duty Braces (Sports Apparel)
Exactly as described. Strong grip.
Arrived very quickly.

Perfect for jeans but these were for a pair of walking trousers and the teeth are pretty jagged so need extra care or will adapt with some spare fabric in future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Belt and braces, 3 Dec. 2010
Old Codger "Septuagenarian" (Tiverton, Devon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 39243 Heavy-Duty Braces (Sports Apparel)
They are a very good price and made of a 'woven' material - as against elasticated which eventually stretches. One niggle is that the jaws do not open wide enough to go over both my working jeans and my trouser belt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 23 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Draper 39243 Heavy-Duty Braces (Sports Apparel)
Excellent product. Was worried about the snap on clips after reading the other reviews, but one reviewer said he tweeked the clips with pliers which solved the problem. My husband did the same and they work perfectly. He is 6' 1" tall, there is no problem with the braces being too small/short for him. He is of a slim build, but I think the braces would not be as good for a very large build as there is very little stretch as mentioned in another review.

2.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty with a twist, 13 April 2012
P. Osborne - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 39243 Heavy-Duty Braces (Sports Apparel)
Yes the braces are heavy duty which is why I bought them. what I wasn`t aware of in the information on the advert is the straps that go over your shoulders and clip onto the front of your trouser's is of canvas material and has no give. The elastic element is on the short straps on the back of the braces. They are rather short (even on the longest setting) and found them uncomfortable. therefore relegated to reserve pair

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›