on 7 February 2009
My little girl is just turned 3 yrs. She loves this puzzle. Its big and bright and is definately helping her to learn the order of letters in the alphabet. we'd recommend it!
on 12 April 2009
This is a great puzzle, my 2.5yr old son loves it and has learnt most of the letters by playing with this over the last few weeks. Each piece is large enough for little fingers to handle easily and durable enough to stand up to a toddler. All the Orchard puzzles I've bought have been fab - wouldn't buy a jigsaw from anyone else!
My daughter is nearly two years of age. One of my friends had a puzzle and when my daughter played with it, she loved it - hence why we bought her this.

I have to say I think this is a great puzzle/toy for a 2 yr. old. Naturally at this stage it is far too early for her to learn the alphabet, but its a great way of spending time with your daughter and trying to educate her on the alphabet.

Pieces are large and sturdy and come in a sturdy box. The puzzle will not last for ever but I reckon it will do the job nicely for the next 12 months or so. Brightly coloured with pictures - and so its very very engaging for young children!

Highly recommended.
on 4 January 2011
My daughter is 4 & is learning to read & write at achool, every day she is writing letters on anything she can get her hands on. This is perfect for her she gets to see `Big` letters which she looks at then copies & with a bit of help from me, learn the way they are written. At the same time she is also learning the alphabet in the right order, she puts the letters down as she sings the alphbet song, she also likes the bright pictures & colours. Just the job.
on 13 September 2009
Beautiful big colourful pieces, ideal for teaching alphabet simply & in a fun way. Also great for children learning to co-operate & share with eachother by doing the puzzle together.
on 30 November 2010
We have accumulated a lot of different alphabet puzzles and although this one was the most expensive of them it's very durable, bright pictures and a firm favourite.
on 28 August 2013
I ummed and arghed about buying this product for a long time and eventualy i purchased it. It's really worth the money. Both my 3 and 7 year old love it. The best thing compaired to other alphabet puzzles is that each letter has its own jigsaw piece
on 21 October 2013
This is one of the best things since sliced bread in my opinion.
I bought this for my 3 yo so he could start learning the alphabet and recognising letters and because it’s a jigsaw, he has lots of fun searching for the letter and then adding the next piece.
Since we’ve had this jigsaw my son fully knows the alphabet song – as we sing it while finding the pieces and he’s learnt the names of all the pictures on the pieces also i.e. A = Astronaught, R = Rocket and so on. There are a few odd pictures for the letters such as G = Gate and X = X-ray that little ones may not get initially, but it’s great for them building up their vocabulary and perceptions of things.
I would definitely recommend this to people keen to help their kids develop through a fun way of play.
on 5 August 2010
I was looking for a puzzle that would act as a learning aid and was the right thickness for a child of two, and found this puzzle to be great. I have purchased other Orchard puzzles as a result and none of them disappointed me or my child.
on 4 March 2014
Trying to teach my 4 year old the alphabet so thought this would help him. Is a very good size and very brightly coloured. He now knows the alphabet off by heart and sits and re-builds for hours on end!