5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for all Beano lovers, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Beano All Stars, The [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
A must watch for all who have great memories of growing up with Beano and for kids today too.

Several shot videos of the main characters we've come to love from Beano including Dennis the Menace, Gnasher and Nipper, Minnie the Minx, The Bash Street Kids the Three Bears and Ivy the Terrible
Dennis and Gnasher create havoc in the snow and do their best to make life a misery for Walter the Softy, Minny the Minx will go to any lengths to obtain green jelly-babies and terrorizes her long suffering dad,A new teacher endeavours to make model kids out the Bash Street Kids.
Musical scores including the Beano rap brings modern life to Beanotown while at the same time not changing the essence of Beano tradition. Great animation, great vocie overs, great fun for kids and those who have nostalgic Beano memories.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic comic characters!, 23 Feb 2014
Amazon Customer (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Beano All Stars, The [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
Originally released in 1995 as 'The Beano Video', this DVD contains some great short cartoons of Dennis the Menace, Gnasher and Nipper, Minnie the Minx, The Bash Street Kids and the Three Bears. Despite the front cover, Roger the Dodger does not appear.

I played the VHS to death as a kid, still had fond memories of it, and so recently decided to upgrade to the DVD format and enjoy some nostalgia. Surprisingly, it still holds up well, capturing the humour of the comic that I used to love so much. All the shorts are no less than five minutes each, and if anything, I think that these straight to DVD cartoons would have actually made a good TV series in their own right. I particularly enjoyed the antics with the 3 Bears and their dragon pal (based on a story that appeared in the Beano book of 1992).

As these characters are probably all still familiar with today's Beano readers, I think that this film will appeal to them as much as it did to the '90s kids. The animation is simple but completely satisfying, with standard voice acting and entertaining music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Legendary characters, 5 Jan 2013
Brian Adams "Barney Elf" (Coleraine, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beano All Stars, The [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
My little 4 year old grandson and I enjoy watching this series of old comic lengends with which we can both relate to. I am glad he has the chance to see the comics and stories that I used to read and laugh over ... after all ... laughter is the best medicine.

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff, 2 Oct 2012
Ms. C. A. Oladipo "callyO" (Sheffield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beano All Stars, The [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
I've just been listening to my 4 yr old grandson laughing uproariously whilst watching this----such great , innocent entertainment, and a great exerciser of his sense of humour. Such a shame Dennis has now retired! We used to love the comics as children, and these animations are extremely well done.

Beano All Stars, The [DVD] [2004]
Beano All Stars, The [DVD] [2004] by Dennis The Menace (DVD - 2004)