5.0 out of 5 stars Superb
Published on 10 Mar 2006 by The Evil Doctor

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad for ADSL connections due to increased line noise
After experiencing slower than anticipated ADSL speeds and almost daily disconnections, I did a little digging into my router's diagnostics and found that with the ADSL telephone line routed through the surge protector, there was significantly more noise reported on the line by the router, resulting in a slower sync speed.

Long story short, my ADSL speed...
Published on 25 Jan 2010 by J. P. Schlackman

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 10 Mar 2006
The Evil Doctor (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Belkin SurgeMaster, 1-Way MasterCube with Tel/Fax/Modem Protection (Electronics)
In agreement with the other review. For the price you simply can't go wrong. This unit is compact (so many can be used in-line on a multipoint adaptor for example) and protects both mains-powered devices and units plugged into the telephone line (via additional sockets in the base). With a manufacturer's guarantee of them replacing items up to £35,000 if the unit fails to protect, it comes well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended - Great for Notebook Users, 24 July 2006
Maximus (Bradford on Avon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Belkin MasterCube.

Most surge suppressors come in the form of bulky, multi socket units on long trailing flexes. Well done Belkin for giving us an alternative - the MasterCube and SurgeCube variant give great protection for single use requirements.

The MasterCube would be ideal for a notebook computer user who wants a small, transportable surge protector to add to their carry case. The SurgeCube is basically the same as this model but minus the telephone sockets. It is also quite a bit cheaper, so if you don't actually need the phone connection buy that instead. If your main intention is to protect your computer, be aware that ALL connections to it need to be surge protected for you have any benefit. That includes the printer, all USB cables and any peripherals. In this case opt for one of Belkins excellent multi block models. Also be aware that a claim on the generous guarantee requires you to ship the affected electrical item to Belkin at your own expense. Costly if it's being used for a fridge freezer like mine, but hopefully it will never fail!

Surge protectors are a wise precaution for any electrical goods you value or would be inconvenienced losing the use of. Not just the usual computers but freezers, boilers, washing machines and any audio visual equipment could be protected too.

My review of the SurgeCube also contains some technical information you might find useful before making a purchase decision.

In summary a small, neat and well made item from a major brand at a low price. Buy one - you can't go wrong.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad for ADSL connections due to increased line noise, 25 Jan 2010

Long story short, my ADSL speed increased by over 2MBps by removing the surge protector, and the connection dropped far less often.

I would therefore recommend using a different product if you care about your ADSL speed or already are on a poor quality line.

4.0 out of 5 stars Complete Peace of Mind, 15 Jun 2005
The mere word 'Belkin' to me represents quality. I had previously purchased from Amazon several Belkin products including USB2 PCI cards, USB Hubs and so on and so forth. Not a single item has ever let me down. When it arrives I load it or in this case plugged it into my 13amp power socket controlling my PC, and away it went. All in the background but giving me complete peace of mind.

In my home I already have electrical 'trip fuses' which were installed when my house was rewired some 10 years ago. So when, God forbid, lightening stikes, my trip fuses would undoubtebly 'trip out' and cut of any power supply. So far so good. What i did'nt have is an immediate cut off on the incoming telephone wire. This product for £ 5.22 gives me that protection, incl it's free P&P when tagged onto the end of a more expensive delivery.

I have a firewall in my computer, an anti virus program and password protection. What I could not stop however was my computer 'frying' and losing ALL my information.... (dread the thought!) in the event of a lightening stike. Well now that is taken care of as well. A super product which comes in differing 13amp formats, ie: a single out, multi outlets etc. Some with phone line protection and some without. For £5 quid ... what's that problem?

As for ordering. I clicked the relevant button here with Amazon yesterday at around 2pm and the unit was here with me today at 8.30am. Is that service or what!!

One small grouse however. I note that there is no reset button on the unit. As ALL the Belkin products have a full lifetime warrently.. yes that's right I have not mis-spelled anything, I can only ASSUME that if the unit 'trips out' it is either replaced or I have to send it back to Belkin for re-setting. That's the only reason, as yet still unclear, as to why I have only rated this unit with 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars A neat little cube, 12 Feb 2006
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
A small neat device which does the job asked of it - especially for single appliances. Also, the Amazon price is excellent - buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars unable to connect without another lead, 31 Jan 2012
I was pleased to find a surge protector for just one appliance with telephone protection as well. However, I could not connect it immediately as I had to purchase an additional lead. I connected the phone to the output socket but then found there was no way of connecting the input to the telephone wall socket. I would have expected the additional lead to be supplied with the cube as without it there is no possibility of connection.

2.0 out of 5 stars a surge protector is only as good as it's customer support, 20 April 2008
I bought this product about 4 weeks ago. It's managed to ride out a few thunderstorms since then, but in a recent storm a few days ago, the telephone protector got busted. I've had to call tech support several times since, and most recently was told that someone would get in touch with me about details such as where to send the faulty product, but I've yet to hear from them. If you try calling them, your call gets routed to a call center in India, and you get put on hold for a awful long time. After 5 or 6 calls, I'm almost entirely convinced that this call center is staffed by ONE person. The first time I called, he took down my details, gave me a case number, then gave me a local number to call. I tried this number several times, but no one ever picks up. So I call him back, and the says a supervisor will call me back. No calls. I call him again, and this time he says he'll forward my claim to the claims department, and that I should expect a email. That was a few days ago, but no email to date. I would've expected much better tech support from a company like Belkin. We'll see what happens.

3.0 out of 5 stars It worked - once., 3 Feb 2014
The Highland Lass (Highlands of Scotland) - See all my reviews
I'm trying not to diss the product because of the lack of support from Belkin! Bought one, plugged in the phone (you have to supply the cable unlike the Philips Protector that provides it) and it did it's job. We were hit by lightening, badly, and the phone was protected which is exactly what it's supposed to do. The SurgerMaster on the other hand was toast. Contacted Belkin but they didn't respond to phone calls and or emails. Hence the product is good but disappointed with Belkin.

* I would like to clarify that the company that provided this, UR Mobile, get 5/5. Delivery was quick, pricing good and their customer service is excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact but some snags, 14 July 2011
R. Penney (Neath, UK) - See all my reviews
Pros: Compact unit, takes up very little space on a power strip
Cons: Phone surge protection is provided, but male-to-male BT cable is not included in the pack.
Connected equipment warranty is for consumers, explicitly excludes equipment used for business purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good design and essential, 2 Dec 2010
K. Jamal (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
A surge protector is a must. I wouldn't use electronics equipment without one. It simply isn't worth the risk. Okay, a destructive surge may never happen but on the other hand it may! What makes this one different is how nice this is to look at with its smooth edges that gives it a curved look. Most others I have bought have been square and without any consideration given to design. The money spent on this can give protection and total peace of mind. Highly recommended.