5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey, but worth it
Published 8 months ago by Mr Withnail

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sweeper
I think that I would have got a comparable floor sweeper for less money. I don't know why it is priced higher than others on the market.
Published 12 months ago by benamaz

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey, but worth it, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: Leifheit Regulas 11700 Compact Floor Sweeper (Kitchen & Home)
My mother asked me to find her a new carpet sweep after her last Ewbank died within a year; she was most disappointed as in the past her Ewbanks had been well made and lasted well, but it seems they're now building down to a budget price and the quality has obviously suffered. Anyway, after reading the reviews I decided to try this Leifheit and have been very pleased; it came in a compact box but putting the handle together took all of 3 minutes and you're good to go (if you find it comes loose add a drop of threadlock). It has a pretty solid feel, more like the sweeps I remember from 20 years ago, and the height adjustment works well for everything from laminate to fairly deep pile. Emptying is straightforward with springloaded doors, so all in all it's thumbs up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't I remember this before?, 22 July 2013
My furry friends can come and sit on the living room rug whenever they want now! I chose this product because it's european made and it is quite sturdy. Very effective for rugs, not so much for tile flooring but I already have a normal broom for that. hence the 4 star rating.
This floor sweeper is easy to empty and it has now put my 15 kilo vacuum cleaner to rest for longer periods of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars To be recommended, 17 April 2012
I bought this for my mother who is 87. Many sweepers available today are quite flimsy but this is well built and looks durable.I tried it out at home first and was amazed at how much it swept up. My mother finds it much easier to use than the vacuum cleaner and is very pleased with it. Her cousin is interested in buying one now and I am considering it as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars pay more for quality, 9 July 2014
I bought this as working full time, it's not always easy to keep on top of the housework. This little gem is perfect for a quick whip around between vacuuming. It's well made, very solid (all metal construction), very lightweight and easy to handle. Picks up surface litter and pet hair with ease and is very easy to empty. I'm glad a paid more and got a decent sweeper. The brushes are angled and really fling the dirt into the dustpans, so you don't have to keep constantly cleaning them (unlike the Bissell I had before that was literally 2 bottle brushes on a stick).

Slightly more expensive than other sweepers, but worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 4 Mar 2013
Wanted a sweeper to use in between hoovering times. This is perfect. It's lightweight and each to empty. My nan had one of these when I was little.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sweeper, 11 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars great sweeper, 13 Sep 2013
really strong sweeper and so easy to use. I don't have to get the hoover out to clean downstairs every day, just a quick run a round with this sweeper until my weekly hoovering. great sweeper, wish I had bought it a long time age

4.0 out of 5 stars very pleased with this sweeper., 26 Aug 2014
swan "Ross" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Sturdy metal construction. Picks up well from carpet and floor. Very pleased with product. Took only minutes to assemble. Glad to see that it has a two year warranty. Perfect for sweeps between hoovering. I like the four different height adjustments. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars well engineered product, 17 Jun 2013
practical device for spot cleaning of floor or carpet and not too heavy for average user to lift from storage

2.0 out of 5 stars Compact Sweeper - overpriced!, 24 April 2014
This is a very ordinary sweeper - its' performance does not warrant the price tag! This sweeper has the unfortunate problem that other, cheaper sweepers sometimes have in that it does not pick up very well. You have to go over crumbs etc several times to get them swept up. It would be quicker using a dustpan & brush! It does pick up some pet hair, but mainly, brushes it into the carpet! Oh & it also does the dreaded 'spilling contents onto the floor trick!
It picks up larger bits ok.

There are height adjustments for different flooring, but, I've found it makes very little difference -in fact, to get it to work, I've had to put it onto a lower setting than it should be on!

I have had cheaper sweepers that perform than this-my advice would be to buy a cheaper one. I bought this as the brand has turned out some very good products over the years but not this! I've only had this for less than 2 weeks and already, the wheels on one side are squeaking! Will go back to Hoky-the best sweeper I've ever had!