Format: DVD|Change

on 1 July 2010
A great movie, a young MJ and you can already see his great talent and how much he enjoyed making this movie.
Just buy it and enjoy watching it!
on 25 March 2003
This film is a classic! Stars including Michael Jackson (as scarecrow), Diana Ross (Dorothy), Tedd Ross (cowardly lion), Nipsey Russell (Tinman), Lena Horne (Glinda the Good Witch) and Richard Pryor (The Wiz). There is a great storyline, based on The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, with great catchy songs to sing along to. This is the perfect film for any generation and you will definatley be watching the film over and over again!!! The Wiz is a definate MUST SEE!!!
on 8 April 2009
This is a wonderful film with great music, it is very different to the original but just as good. It is very 70s (something good )very colourful with some funky music that the whole family will love, as mine did "easy on down the road" and "Im a mean ole lion are my childrens favourite but I like the "crow anthem" by Michael Jackson. Diana Ross, Richard Prior, Michael Jackson and Nipsey Russell are all wonderful it was a delight to watch. Certianly one for all the family. If you are a fan of the original (as I am)you will enjoy this different take on what is a wonderful film .We watched it over and over and have learnt all the songs . Brilliant.
on 18 September 2010
i have The Wiz, but its not the Commenmorative edition, but i can't see how this is differnt. anyway, Michael is amazing in this, he could have been such a great actor too - incidentally he is the only good actor in the film, didn't think acting was Diana Ross' forte, didn't think much of her at all actually, its Michael Jackson that makes the film any good and thats an objective opinion.
on 24 June 2010
The Wiz - Commemorative Edition [DVD] [1978]... A GREAT FILM, A GREAT STAR, DIANA ROSS.... THIS WAS WAY AHEAD OF ITS TIME AND ITS JUST GREA FUN TO WATCH, ALL THE CAST GIVE A GREAT TURN, JUST PUT IT ON AND YOU WILL BE SINGING ALONG TO THE SONGS AND YOU WILL HAVE AS MUCH FUN AS THE CAST..............GO FOR IT..
on 19 August 2010
An adaption of wizard of oz before the older generation knew the Wizard of Oz, (Judy Garland) we all know today.
as another classic.

At first glance my young children where abit mistifyied has to how michael jackson starred in Wizard of oz,on first watching many many questions was asked. One being 'this is not Wizard of oz is it'..of course they only know the newer versions! After explaining that michael jackson was more than just a singer and a dancer alot of michael jackson they already know about, my children have watched and laughed along to so many times now,,and will do so many many more in the future.
Falling in love with both michael jackson and Diana Ross even more.

A dvd classic not to be missed! With no shadow of a doubt a classic that will continue with the next generation at least!.
on 4 February 2015
I had forgotten about this film until I watched the original wizard of oz at xmas and then remembered about this and decided to buy it. I have always been a big jacko fan regardless of the media and also a motown fan so I am glad to own this film.
on 1 October 2009
This movie is absolutely incredible, not only does it star a who's who of music and entertainment, but it is such an incredibly soulful interpretation of a classic. I've loved this movie ever since i first saw it, which was a while back now. If the fact that Michael Jackson and Diana Ross don't get you wanting to see this movie, then the music showcased surely should. By the end of the film, you'll be left wanting more. The perfect dvd to add to your collection. I would certainly recommend this to all soul music fans out there, as well as fans of Michael Jackson or Diana Ross. This film is a definite must see.

R.I.P Michael, gone but definitely never forgotten. You are a legend.
on 11 September 2011
Having seen this at the Dominion theatre in the eighties, I was determined to let my grandchildren see it. Now they can! Brilliant cast excellent music what more can you ask for. Oh, yes, and Michael Jackson!!!
on 26 January 2010
Admittedly I probably wouldn't have bought this if I wasn't a Michael Jackson fan but I think that this is a real feel good factor, fun film and I love it.