4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but difficult!!!
Published on 4 Dec 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Crash and Cortex come together...with hard results!
Crash joins forces with his creator/arch-enemy Dr. Neo Cortex, joins forces to take down two evil alien twins, being this the only Crash game I have, I really want to like this game but while this is good to look at and you can admire the artwork but gameplay-wise, it is REALLY difficult.

While the missions are comical and simple-sounding enough, the gameplay...
Published on 8 Mar 2010 by Mr. D. J. Varney

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but difficult!!!, 4 Dec 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Crash Twinsanity (PS2) (Video Game)
This game has a good sense of humour,and something new to do at every corner. i think it was much better than the last game!! Also, the developers have gotten rid of the warp room system, and made the levels more open to roam around.This will keep you involved in the game as there is plenty to do in this game. You can play as Cortex,Crash and Cortex's niece. The only flaw with this game is the fact that it is quite hard and the levels are HUGE!!! This might be a good thing though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Crash and Cortex come together...with hard results!, 8 Mar 2010
Mr. D. J. Varney "Douglas Varney "film d... (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crash Twinsanity (PS2) (Video Game)

While the missions are comical and simple-sounding enough, the gameplay is admittly poor and simply does not help you progress properly. As a result, the levels take days to pass, you die because your character is all over the place and the saving is frustating! After years of having this, I am nowhere near completing it years later, I am still stuck on the icy ship level, to make my point about the saving, it says that you have save the game at a point when you run over a box (admittly, it's a checkpoint) but when you run out of lives and die, you end up right at the beginning of the level again, after all the hard work you take getting that far! And some of the parts of the game have points where they simply do not tell you what to do and how to complete it. You just end up lost and running out of lives, plus Crash dies to easily, you simply die by falling.

Animations-wise, it has an gread deal of good moments with its bright colours and settings but is never too garish while the style of the additional characters has some retro to them. The voice-acting isn't bad while the storyline is also fairly decent.

When I first got it, it thought it would be brilliant sadly I have to say that I am a little disappointed with it as it gameplay badly lets it down.

This game is a worth a look, that is for sure, but don't expect brilliance.

4.0 out of 5 stars crash twinsanity, 26 Aug 2005
This review is from: Crash Twinsanity (PS2) (Video Game)
This game is brill!You can play as crash,cortex or Nina cortex and save n sanity island by beating enimes such as ngin,dingodile,madem ambly and many more.The game is proberly the best crash game ever dispite playing along with Dr cortex (who you can chuck to get gems and other goodies,you can even chuck him so he beats the enemys!)You need this game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Crash Bandicoot Drives to Insanity, 9 Oct 2004
This review is from: Crash Twinsanity (PS2) (Video Game)
Yes Yes Yes, Crash returns with all the might of a Bandicoot ,it's mad none stop fun Just like the good old ps1 days !!! if you like a good slice of Crash then buy this you won't be disappointed , it's got that " I've just got to do this bit " in many places and I've only got to 10% so far !!

4.0 out of 5 stars The bandicoot is back - what a difference!!, 12 Nov 2004
This review is from: Crash Twinsanity (PS2) (Video Game)
Ok, so I think back to the good year 1998 and remember the Christmas present of a lifetime - My little Playstation 1 and with it came a game that started a franchise that would (unbelievably - to some of the orange fur balls critics) still be around in the good year 2004... Crash Bandicoot. I wont deny that this fluff ball hasn't had the best of rides down the platform highway and had churned out many questionable titles such as crash bash and the wrath of Cortex.
However I hold no predjustice as I begin through the new title 'Crash: Twinsanity'. Straight away you are thrown into Crash's humble home of Nsanity Island with old nemesis Dr Neo Cortex hatching another plan to get our furry hero by dressing up as Crash's younger sister, Coco. With this opening cut scene you know straight away that the humour is on a new level - one that actually makes you laugh out loud! The humour is consistent with many jibes towards the past few games that will make hardcore fans laugh and even the humble onlooker giggle (One about the Wrath of Cortex just made me die!).
Something always a bit risky is to introduce a completely new character to a game and straight away make them playable.. Well Traveller's Tales got away with it by introducing Cortex's bionic goth-girl niece(?) Nina Cortex. She's a gem! With only one level as her playable my only criticism was that I wanted more!
Since changing hands with original mums and dads of the bandicoot, Naughty Dog, many companies have tried and failed with the once humorous formula. However I do believe UK developers Travellers Tales got it right this time (thank aku-aku!!).
The game play is fun with the new 'enemies working together but not liking it' angle. This is where we have Crash and Cortex fighting and bashing their way through many levels - Hilarious! Also, I cannot forget, the free roaming angle, which is what we (as the hardcore crash fans have asked for relentlessly) have wanted.
To be honest the humour is class and is supplied mostly by Crash Bandicoot voice-over newcomer (say that with your mouth full) Lex Lang as Neo Cortex. He is always spot on and has taken over from Clancy Brown stupendously!
However the real shining gem is the music. Spiralmouth, an capella group (yes that was what I said!), supply all the music throughout the game and what a musical soundscape!!!! I cant even begin to describe what they do - just buy this game and listen to it - Its beyond words to describe!
However, I do have to slap Travellers tales on the wrist for doing the most awful sin. Camera angles have always been the bain of many a gamers life - So why do it developers?!?!?! You have been warned...
To conclude, this bandicoot has been pulled out of the gutter at last but not all the way. More levels would have lasted the game play more than my 2 hours collectively and to pull out the free roaming areas just a little bit more. But I do believe Crash and his friends are on a way to recovery - slowly but surely I do believe the bandicoot will retrieve his crown... I'll just have to hold on to my breath for the next instalment.
So see you this time next year then.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 29 July 2005
robert banham (Oldham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crash Twinsanity (PS2) (Video Game)
I wouldn't say Crash Twin Sanity is the best Crash game out for I like Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2 and Crash Nitro Kart a bit better but it isn't bad.
I have not completed it yet although it's good so far. I think some bits are amusing, especilly when Crash and Cortex are fighting!
It's hard in places so those people looking for a tough action game I reccomend this one!
Good Points-
* It's amusing
* It's challenging
* It's good fun
Bad Points-
* In some places it doesn't tell you what to do
* Isn't 2 Player
Controlls are similar to other Crash games and if you havn't got any other Crash games the controlls are easy to understand.

The graphics are the same as most PS2 Crash games if not better!
Worth buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Without a doubt the best Crash game yet, 5 July 2005
This review is from: Crash Twinsanity (PS2) (Video Game)
I can't understand how anyone could give this game a bad review.
This is the most beautiful game ever to appear on the PS2, and the gameplay is perfect. The levels are huge, the sound and game quality are flawless, and the storyline is great.
I've read some of the Amazon reviews and the length of the game seems to continually crop up as a bad thing. What is wrong with a long level? Look at Metal Gear Solid - the best game of all time is most people's opinion, and the levels on that are never ending!
When I finished this game, I more or less restarted it straight away. Now all we need is a worthy sequal...
I would recommend this game to anyone. It is absolutely amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for any one, 21 Dec 2005
Rachel Joy Winspear "Raggsie" (Malaga, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crash Twinsanity (PS2) (Video Game)
I bought this game back in december 2004 - still havent got to the end - but i guess thats to do with the little amout I play on my PS2 - I do how ever LOVE this game - i had it on my old Psone and just had to buy it for PS2 - Twins from out of space come to take over - HOW COOL! I like the fact that you become different carrects in it and theres so much to do.
I would definatly buy this game - thumbs up!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars K Den, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Crash Twinsanity (PS2) (Video Game)
AMAZING GAME, ALLOW THE HATERS. GREAT SOUNDTRACK, GREAT GAMEPLAY HOURS OF FUN, RECOMMEND FOR ANYONE, THE KIDS WILL LOVE IT

5.0 out of 5 stars My son asked me to buy this especially, 16 Dec 2013
And he loves it.
I would go back and buy more games for the PlayStation. The quality is very good.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Crash Twinsanity (PS2)
Crash Twinsanity (PS2) by Sierra (PlayStation2)