on 4 August 2013
It's my best portable mic I've ever had. Good sound quality, no echos, background noise or anything like that. Strongly recommend. I've got it like over a year now and it still is a well made mic. Many times better than a standard mic included in expensive gaming headsets.
on 8 December 2011
I bought two of these mics recently, one for a friend and one for myself.

I have to say these microphones are better quality than any microphone that comes attached to a "gaming" headset.
The sound is clear, the range is fine and thanks to the clips along the wire, it doesn't intrude on your workspace.

If I had to give a criticism of the microphone, it's that it doesn't have enough small clips along the wire, but that's only because my desk space is so large there's a lot of cable up there.

Overall the quality of the microphone can't be doubted, you will *not* find a better microphone for the price.
Stop buying "gaming" headsets and pick up one of these and use some nice headphones or earphones. (I personally use the Shure SRH840s with this).
on 13 April 2013
This mic required a little tweaking in my settings to get right, but now it sounds great. Really clear and crisp. Keep in mind I use it almost solely for voice communication, I can't offer judgement for recording or anything like that.

One thing to be aware of is that this mic is omnidirectional. If you have even the tiniest sound (someone typing on the other side of the room, for instance) this mic will pick it up no problem. This isn't a flaw of the mic, but it's something you have to keep in mind if you live in a particularly noisy place or if you're used to using voice-activated mode in Teamspeak/Vent.

Great mic, great price.
on 9 December 2013
Let me tell you, I sing, I talk over teamspeak and game VOIP systems, and by far this is the best mic i've ever had, consider the price!!
it has a long cable, a great quality and its small so you can stick it on your shirt :)

buy a pair of nice headphones and this beauty, trust me, it will be worth it!
on 28 January 2014
Bought this to replace an ageing microphone I have had for over 5 years (old siberia icemat). Plugged straight into my Creative Sound Blaster XFI, opened Teamspeak and ran the recording test. Boom, clear and crisp, coupled with a pair of sennheisser 595 headphones this a cracking combination. I used my other mic plonked on top of mt monitor but actually have this clipped to the cord.

Fast dispatch and even faster delivery, very happy with the qiuality of the Mic and the service.
on 9 April 2015
This is as cheap as chips, yet the sound is outstanding, Its ridiculous how clearer i have become on vids and teamspeak, and it literally picks up so much, i use them with my Roccat Kaves, as i was on my second replacement mic, and i really didn't want to lose my 5.1 surround cans.
on 7 December 2012
The mic hasn't stood the test of time yet, I've only used it twice thoroughly for gaming but from what I can tell it's pretty nifty. It seems sturdy enough, and the sound quality is nice - a lot nicer than past mics or headsets I have used. I bought this to replace my expensive Roccat Kave headset after it snapped, and another headset I'd ordered from elsewhere came faulty. Being fed up with headsets I'd almost given up on getting a replacement - until I found a thread online talking about this mic being good value. They weren't wrong.

Pros:
Picks up your voice well, and is pretty clear.
Convenient, you can use it with any combination of headphones etc. Not limited to a headset.
Does exactly what it's supposed to - a decent mic for the price. Plug and play.

Cons:
Picks up maybe a bit TOO much, it's not noise cancelling so be conscious if you're using this for Skype or recording. I use for Ventrilo and it's fine on push to talk but yet to see if it's too much for open mic as I need for Skype also.
The clip isn't great, it keeps sliding off things; clothes, wires etc. That's easily fixable though - I plan to attach it to another clip or something.

All in all, very good value and hassle free. No idea why I've been using pricey 'good quality' headsets all these years when I could have got this instead, I feel kind of stupid!
on 27 August 2015
the "famous" zalman mic is NOT as amazing as most reviewers will have you believe. but, it's not bad either. for six pounds (10 dollars) you get a functional microphone with which to turn your headphones into a gaming headset, and that's good.

if you want great sound quality, you need to get the Antlion Mod Mic, which is on another planet compared to this. But if you don't have the $45 (30 quid) to spend on it, the Zalman is a totally reasonable alternative.
on 17 April 2014
This microphone is incredibly quiet, I have to have it held right next to my mouth to even pick anything up.
on 26 February 2012
Well I wasn't going to bother reviewing but then I noticed that it's more criticism than praise?!
It's a great mic for the price!

What it isn't: a mic you would want to use to record high quality sound.
What it is: a very handy and very durable little clip on mic for gaming and skype etc.

I've owned this little thing since august, so that's 6 months and dropped it on the floor a fair few times so it's not 'fragile'. On the downside the cable is 3 meters long and the clip isn't sprung (there's just a slot gap) so you have to wedge it onto your collar, and it's too loose for the smaller diameter headphone cables. But it does all I require of it, a handy, cheap, easy to use mic for gaming and skype which can be used with or without headphones. Much better than getting an all in one headset (sound quality is superior and it's more convenient).