Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 July 2010
I have to be honest and say that I never took Kenny G very seriously. I'm a saxophonist playing in all sorts of genres myself and a Jazz radio show DJ. I was very wrong to have this opinion of Kenny G. The music is lovely, very easy to listen to and very relaxing. I'm not keen on the rework of the Louis Armstrong track but that's just my opinion. This album would make a lovely present for anyone wanting to listen to some gorgeous music during some special "me time". I'm looking forward to exploring more of his albums.
on 18 June 2009
Didn't know the titles of the tracks, but this music is more familiar than I thought, and Kenny G' saxophone playing is brilliant. Absolutely love it.The slide box edition was cheaper, and it just meant the box is cardboard rather than plastic.
on 19 March 2009
I have read a few comments about this being "telephone holding music". Ok, maybe it is, but I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. It's not everyone's cup of tea but it is definitely listenable. And that is from someone whose tastes ranges from Pavorotti to Genesis!
on 9 March 2014
The main reason why I bought this was for the song 'Songbird,' which when I had the honor listening to on reception of this product, I was so very happy to hear again in ways I cant explain. Even though there is other good music on the cd too, this song is in my opinion the best! Takes me back to my youth, one of the most romantic and most immaculate love songs I feel ever put to music and every time I turn it on and think of walking along the beach again with my once ms perfect abroad, oh my god im in heaven again. Hence, absolutely full marks. So happy, thank you, absolutely perfect.
on 17 October 2013
Excellent middle of road orchestral rendition with the master sax player.
Some well known tracks including wonderful world with Satch.
Excellent recording & value.
on 28 October 2013
this is an absolutely amazing album of his finest songs I have played it over x over again I can just put it on and relax
on 26 April 2011
Been a fan of Kenny G for many years, but all my music was on tape, but now I've found them on c.d, im happy again
on 9 December 2013
The title song is beautiful,very relaxing to listen to would recommend this cd Kenny G is a songbird his music just gets better and better!
on 27 August 2015
Dear Grandma

Here is your Xmas present. I hope you like it. I don't know who Kenny G is but he was recommended to me by the lady at the checkout counter at Tesco's who said he "has a really nice smile and a nice haircut". I know you don't like abbreviated names - so I think his real name is Lord Kenneth Gorelick el Saxaphonus Gloriata von Liftmusik III. The lady at the checkout also said he "blows a mean mouthorgan". I don't quite know what she meant by that, but she kept winking at me.
Somebody in the queue behind me said Kenneth's music is like enjoying root canal work. You like a walk along the canal so I thought of you.
Someone else in the queue said he also plays a thing called a soprano saxophone, which apparently is the right shape for Kenneth to "insert it where the sun don't shine". That will be a nice thing to do at Xmas.
So I hope you enjoy the CD Grandma. Its the thought that counts.
on 17 May 2013
I first came across Kenny G on an email sent to me with the most beautiful pictures of cats, kittens and dogs, accompanied by Brahms Lullaby by someone on a saxophone. I did not have a clue as to who was playing the sax, so I Googled 'Brahms Lullaby played on a sax. Hey presto! The link came up with Kenny G who I had never heard of. I sent for his Miracles Holiday Album, which is full of wonderful Christmas music with the lullaby at the end.

I then sent for Songbird. It also is brilliant and beautiful. I recommend you buy both albums. Kenny G makes the saxophone talk. He is very good at playing the songs beautifully sensitively.