5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased as Punch
I don't spend enough time on the internet to justify subscribing to broadband, therefore this seemed to be an ideal alternative. Indeed it is, the loss of quality on images is far outweighed by the increase in speed on browsing. If you need the high quality images, just adjust the settings slider.
Great product, a must for pay-as-you-go internet users.
Published on 28 July 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars ONSPEED. ???
I have used Onspeed fron soon after its creation. Over the years, performance has been variable. Downloads/streams not accelerated. This I accept. Depending upon selection, images, and similar, are variously degraded (and difficult to recover at higher resolution later).

Published on 4 Aug. 2007 by P. C. Davidson

1.0 out of 5 stars ONSPEED. ???, 4 Aug. 2007
This review is from: ONSPEED Faster Internet 5 (PC/Mac) (CD-ROM)

Recently, it has been noted that links are continually being dropped and reinstated (Windows Defender is for ever sending popups). This slows any Internet work. Also, and again recently (they have just screwed another years subs out of my wallet!), the question of downloads.

My downloads are radio-streams; nothing demanding (dial-up, 36k average bps). Great problems. On its own, my ISP variable on bandwidth. It starts very well (32-45kbs), then declines with time, dropping packets. At one time, Onspeed just sat there. Now it appears to be active and causing, at times, severe data download problems (lost data). Onspeed now remains deactivated on any download. Problems solved. (Onspeed are being contacted about this).

Regarding ordinary web-page downloads, it now appears to be slowing things down. Connection with a site takes much longer (sometimes failing - 'PAGE NOT FOUND'). When things do appear on screen, this is quick (or is that my CPU?).

Overall, I sense a deteriorating Onspeed. They tell little (that matters). How many modems have they? Is demand out-strpping resources?

Increasingly, I note a 'time of day' problem. When the web is busy, Onspeed is a negative asset. At 4am (UK), America is winding down, China is waking up, and Europe is still half asleep. Quiet. Onspeed shows benefit IF it is working!

I suspect that they are becoming a self-victim of success(?).

Not currently satisfied. Not currently value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money..., 28 Mar. 2006
This review is from: ONSPEED Faster Internet 5 (PC/Mac) (CD-ROM)
My advice here would be to give this Onspeed software a very wide berth indeed. I live rather a long way from my telephone exchange. We had to wait long enough to get Broadband in the first place which is why I used this software to help make everything faster. Some chance. It did absolutely nothing to enhance the speed of my Internet in any way what so ever. So much so that there were times when I even thought the whole thing was faster without the help of Onspeed. They say it also works and helps with a slow broadband connection. Once again I tried this with a Broadband connection, and guess what? not true again in my experience. Steer clear and don't be enticed and ultimately ripped off by all the hype, IT'S RUBBISH!.

1.0 out of 5 stars What rubbish, 13 Sept. 2009
R. Mayor (Cyprus) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ONSPEED Faster Internet 5 (PC/Mac) (CD-ROM)
I bought ONSPEED with a view to watching stuff on BBC iplayer etc abroad. Also a tweak on the speed would be a bonus. Firstly I didn't notice any increase in speed at all and the BBC & ITV iplayers still didn't work. I have contacted ONSPEED help 3 times & they tell me I need to buy another program called SCANDIUM. I feel I have been had & wouldn't recommend it to anyone!If I could have rated it with no stars I would have done so.

1.0 out of 5 stars Onspeed, 20 Dec. 2004
This review is from: ONSPEED Faster Internet 5 (PC/Mac) (CD-ROM)
I'm with Freeserve and had problems installing. Gave up in the end! Fortunately, I had set a system restore point (I run XP) so no lasting harm. I'd strongly advise other Freeserve/Wanadoo users to do the same. Useful to print out the help pages which deal with firewalls and also the detailed notes for Freeserve/Wanadoo users.
I can't give a rating as I was unable to get the program to work!

1.0 out of 5 stars Just try to get your money back!!, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: ONSPEED Faster Internet 5 (PC/Mac) (CD-ROM)
I wish to tell you about our experience. THIS IS A WARNING TO ANYBODY THINKING OF PUTTING ONSPEED ON TO THEIR COMPUTER. After using ONSPEED for one year (2011), we decided not to use it further. From August 2012 (emails retained), we were constantly asked whether we wanted to 'upgrade our computer'. Every time we replied that we did not want to use ONSPEED further. On 24 October 2013, we discovered that ONSPEED had taken money from our bank. On 25 October we asked for the return of this unauthorised payment. Following emails going back and forth with ONSPEED asking for more information, we eventually received an email on 26 October telling us that we would receive a refund IN ABOUT 16 DAYS. We were horrified that they were going to keep our cash for a further 16 days. In the event, we have not yet received a refund from ONSPEED. Please tell all your contacts about our experience and put it on your Facebook, Linked In and any other sites you use. Thank you.

I actually would like to rate it no stars but this site does not give me that option.

3.0 out of 5 stars onspeed, 8 Dec. 2005
This review is from: ONSPEED Faster Internet 5 (PC/Mac) (CD-ROM)
Before buying Onspeed I read the reviews and was slightly worried that one said it did not work with Freeserve. I am with freeserve but decided to buy it anyway as the software is not that expensive.
I have had no problems with the product and it certainly speeds up downloads by about three times faster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased as Punch, 28 July 2004
This review is from: ONSPEED Faster Internet 5 (PC/Mac) (CD-ROM)
Great product, a must for pay-as-you-go internet users.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - It Really Works, 4 Jun. 2004
This review is from: ONSPEED Faster Internet 5 (PC/Mac) (CD-ROM)
When so many programs claim to speed up your Net connection, it's refreshing to find one that actually does it. Broadband speeds on a 56k modem may seem like fantasy, but amazingly it does work. Once you've used ONSPEED you won't want to surf the Net without it

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid avoid AVOID!, 12 Mar. 2007
This review is from: ONSPEED Faster Internet 5 (PC/Mac) (CD-ROM)
A complete waste of money. AVOID AT ALL COSTS! A useless piece of software that is a con from start to finish. AVOID!

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work and dubious business practices, 20 Aug. 2012
This review is from: ONSPEED Faster Internet 5 (PC/Mac) (CD-ROM)
There are very few occasions where this software works, definitely not worth paying the money.

Also be warned that even though I cancelled my subscription immediately on finding it didn't work they failed to do so because there is a tiny little check box which says auto renew my subscription so I have been charged every year since. On contacting the company they refused my request for a refund.

I would stay well clear of this.

ONSPEED Faster Internet 5 (PC/Mac)
ONSPEED Faster Internet 5 (PC/Mac) by Onspeed (Windows 2000 / 98 / Me / NT / XP)
Out of stock