Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 September 2004
the album 'happy people' is simply amazing!the songs are mostly up-beat with a summer/happy vibe to all of them. if you liked 'step in the name of love remix' from the Chocolate Factory album, you'll definitely love this album (me!)!if you are more of a tp2 fan then you may not appreciate this album as much.every song is a potential hit...my favourites particularly being 'red carpet', 'love signal', 'love street', and 'greatest show on earth'.
'u saved me' comprises of mostly gospel tunes which are very slow and smooth.i'm not that big a fan of this second disc, but if you like your songs low tempo then you will like this one!
'happy people' is a MUST buy regardless whether you like 'u saved me'!
on 25 August 2004
As you open the booklet to this album, you will come accross the text: 'This album is designed to touch your soul and put your spirit at ease.' Kels certainly keeps to this promise and if I had to sum this album up with only one word it would be: amazing!!
Happy People(Disc 1) Rating:4/5
Happy People is Kels new experimental music known to him as 'Steppin music'. Sadly, a few of the tracks are pretty much the same. 'Love street' is the first good track as the opening three sound like one song cut into three. After that, Kels truely kicks in and comes into a world of his own. I especially like 'It's your Birthday' as its up tempo beat really make you wanna get up and dance (or 'step' as Kels would put it). The lead single, 'Happy People' is brilliantly made, as it really makes the listner feel overwhelmed by the inspiring lyrics and feel.., well.., happy! However, it sounds almost exactly the same as 'Step in the name of love' from the Chocolate Factory!
But on the whole, Disc 1 is an up tempo and inspiring collaboration of inspiring tracks!
U saved me (Disc 2) 5.5/5
What a disc!!!!! This disc dosn't have a strong point or a weak point, its just shear Kels at his best. I truely love this disc as it showcases Kelly making beautiful music. In the past, Kelly has always made fantastic albums (R., TP2.com, his previous best). But 'U saved me' is his best...EVER!! U saved me is in my opinion, the greatest R&B album of all time!! This is music how it should be made.
Overall, this is Kels best album to date and will get you loved up from the feet up and at the same time, 'stepping' until the sun goes down! LC
on 28 October 2004
The first time I played Happy People, it didn't catch up with me like I WISH,it took a little while to like it. I prefer U Saved Me more than especially the first three tracks. The rest of the tracks are crafted like the way R Kelly does his things.
on 11 April 2005
Well, what can you say, the king of R&B is back. And yet again he doesn't fail to deliver his fans exactly the type of music they need. This is brilliant, R kelly took risks producing an album like this because of the things he sings about and the way he sings, but the risk was worth it, this is a very smooth yet monstrous album from this talented artist. I dont care if he married a 16 yr old, this man knows how to produce magnificent albums! Although R. is the best album ever, which he released in 1998.
on 22 September 2004
Happy people is not a monotonous album, as somone suggested...its something you listen to when you are tired of the same old style that rnb singers are presenting to us.Its the sort of thing that keeps you moving your head.If you are unable to appreciate a different edge/old style to rnb then this album is clearly not for you.U saved me is also fantastic..and quite uplifting.Definately something to have.
on 15 January 2006
This was the first RKelly album I brought and I love it!
The music on disc 1 is in a very feel good style, that makes you happy, and the album also includes the AMAZING song Happy People!
Disc 2 however, is very slow and gospel, and if you like such music as Ignition or Happy People, this might not appeal to you as much.
Overall a fabulous album. R Kelly has done it again!
on 17 December 2004
I call this my feel good album. Disc 1 (Happy People) very lively and up tempo and you love listening to gospel music then disc 2 (U Saved Me ) make for quite a decent gosple album. All in all its an album worth having.
on 7 September 2004
Happy People CD1. Is an upbeat mix of feet tapping tunes, which will leave you as the title suggest a happy person. Notable tracks include 'Love Signals', 'If', 'Stepping into Heaven' and the title track 'Happy People'. In my opinion one of his best albums to date, which will leave you stepping all night long.
U Save Me CD2. This CD has an Inspirational / Gospel feel to it which has one of the best tracks across the two albums in 'U Saved Me'.
Overall another masterpiece by the 'Pied Piper of R&B'
on 9 September 2004
this is the best you cant fault any tracks they are all brilliant especially the U SAVED ME cd
The cd has been in my cd player since its release and i have no plans to remove it.
What a album well done r kelly
on 7 September 2004
Turns the lights down low and press play and you won't want this album to stop and in fact it won't as you'll press play again when it does, To some might not be R Kelly at his best but trust me i don't think anyone will dislike this feel good album and if you didn't like R Kelly before you will now not one bad song, I can't tell you best song as all will have you wanting to get up and dance,R Kelly can be proud of this album and i am sure you will be it's in your collection.