Size: XX-LargeColour: GreenChange
Price:£25.00 - £42.21

on 4 February 2009
I purchased this garment as a base layer for skiing. Have just returned from a very, very cold but very snowy ski trip and can report that the Under Armour Coldgear Mock was brilliant...by far the best base layer I have ever worn. It cost a bit more than previous base layers but was well worth it. I would certainly recommend it to anyone taking part in cold weather outdoor pursuits and will certainly consider buying more items from this range in future.
0Comment32 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 June 2012
Like me, you may have sneered at footballers wearing body stockings just because of a bit of Lancashire breeze. Or you get annoyed at the cycling / running zealot in your office preparing enthusiastically for the journey home. I'm a golfer, I'm chastised and converted - I was wrong.
This product is amazing. An absolute replacement for layers on a colder day which wont affect your swing - and might even help you keep in rhythm! NO more bulky jumpers, NO adding and removing layers with every minute climate alteration. Wearing just this item under your regulation collared-tee (I know, non-golfers!) you have full movement capabilities in swing and walk, the wind chill and ambient temperature completely negated. Yet a flash of sunshine does not produce sweaty overheating like your fleeced bodywarmer and Pringle V-sweater. It doesn't feel as tight as it looks like it will. I'm your average guy, carrying 8-12 lbs too much but not completely unfit. Once you've shucked the thing on you don't feel any tightness or constriction, yet the construct helps you 'feel' muscles and movement in your body more conspicuously. Golfers who monitor all elements of there actions might even be more conscious of limb extension, waist rotation and muscle usage etc as I found. Because of the materials it also folds down to a tiny and super-light item in your regular golf kit. Bye-bye windcheater!
Old or young, this is a practical example of modern technology making golf better and easier. My wholehearted recommendation comes with just the one caveat - clearly the supplier forgot to include the 6-pack promised in the product picture!
on 5 March 2009
I'd say this is an essential accessory for winter golfers and the best golf clothing I've acquired for some time. I purchased upon a recommendation of a golfing colleague - it looks smart, comes in several colours (mine is navy) has a polo neck and fits snuggly under a woollen sweater to keep out the worst of a UK winter chill for ambient temperatures below 15 Deg C. I'm about to buy another! I also wear it for walking and hiking.
on 7 November 2011
I bought this item for my granddaughter to wear when playing football in the winter months. She wore it for the first time on Saturday and said it was comfortable to wear and kept her body temperature at a good working level. Size wise, as she is only 10, the first size that I purchased was a 'small youths' which, even though she is quite slim, was difficult to put on, so returned and replaced it with a 'large youths', which was a perfect fit. I have now ordered a second one for her to wear in training. Excellent buy, excellent quality.
Tip - buy a larger size than you think you need - they are meant to stretch to fit, but even the larger size will still not be baggy and is easier for kids to take on and off.
on 10 March 2009
This is a great product it keeps you warm as a base lair and on its on it keeps your core stable.If you but as per size chart this product is very snug almost restrictive I would have gone for the larger version if you are at the lower size say 38 in the 38-40 this is perfect if at 40 go for the next size up.
but all in all great active wear.
on 11 January 2012
Purchased for my husband who cycles in all weathers on a sunday morning with like minded people !! He highly recommends it as an extremely warm piece of clothing to wear under his normal cycling top or jacket for that purpose. The weather has been fairly mild lately admittedly but last weekend he was more than warm enough in the top plus a thin cycling top once they got moving. I bought a medium which is perfect for a 40in chest, slim build. Excellent quality, arrived within two days. Very happy customer
on 19 January 2010
Very good for cold weather golf, with a long back that will not 'pull out' while playing, and helps not having to wear lots of layers to keep warm.
Wicks away sweat that helps to keep you dry. Rather expensive but a great product.
I can't say anymore that other have already said. I have been meaning to get this for a while now, every winter I cycle to work or play football and those first 10 minutes where I am shivering my body is screaming out for some warmth but like all exercise I warm up quickly and feel that something like this would get too warm!

How wrong was I. From the off this tight comfortable fitting top not only warms me up straight away but when I get warm it seems to retain the heat without getting any hotter! not only this but it seems to keep the sweat in!

Don't know what kind of sorcery this is but it really does work and feels comfortable too!

Also another mention is I have the short sleeve one in medium but went one bigger for the long sleeve and I find this more comfortable.
on 29 October 2013
I bought this UnderArmour Men's Coldgear Mock after extensive research into different options for sailing in cold weather. I started sailing in Ireland in October and wanted to continue sailing into the winter time to gain experience before I move back to warmer climates next year.

After wearing this for a few cold days out, I am glad I bought this. It kept me warm in the cold weather and it has an amazing ability to keep you feeling refreshed even if you start getting hotter. It works really well at wicking any sweat from your body while also maintaining your warmth. I wore this directly under a splash jacket. I noticed that the splash jacket was a little damp on the inside when i took it off so I assume that it pulled the sweat away from my body and pulled it onto the exterior. I wouldn't have even thought I was ever sweating though.

I bought the medium as I wear mediums typically in the US and found the measurements on the website to be closer to US measurements (an equivalent large size in Europe). Upon arrival, I thought this would be too small and was considering a return. I tried it on and it felt a little tight but after pulling up pictures from the website and other sources, the compression tops are meant to be tight fitting which probably helps to hold in the heat better. I probably could have pushed to a large as I feel I am probably in the middle of the two sizes, but at the end of the day, the medium was okay.

I highly recommend this mock and really value the purchase.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 February 2012
Under Armour gear is fab, however, I ordered the wrong item, this was for my husband for golf - and it's the model that is very close fitting like a second skin, in other words really tight. Do ensure you read the product description. Husband's other Cold weather gear is a size Medium, same as I ordered, however this is much too tight for him, so I now wear it and I'm a ladies size size 8-10. :) Still mark the product as a 5 star because it was my fault.