5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Maths Aid
Published on 6 Jan 2012 by woodmouse

3.0 out of 5 stars three quarters good
Published on 15 April 2009 by K. F. Sutton

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Maths Aid, 6 Jan 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Learning Resources Fraction Tower Equivalency Cube (Office Product)
I brought these cubes for my son who has been struggling with understanding fractions, unlike others on the market, each side also gives the fraction cube as a decimal and a percentage which is very helpful when explaining converting fractions, I think that working with the cubes has helped him enormously, they would be very useful in a classroom but just as useful at home helping with homework.

3.0 out of 5 stars three quarters good, 15 April 2009
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased this resource to use with adults who are struggling with fraction/ percentage/ decimal equivalents. They have proved to be popular and effective, so I would say they were worth the money. However, the quality was not great. A couple of the markings on one of the blocks just wiped off and we had to replace them with stickers. I wouldn't recommend them for areas where they would get a lot of use, e.g. in a primary school classroom.

4.0 out of 5 stars Educational, 24 Feb 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
Have bought these for my 9 year as she was having difficulty grasping that fractions, decimals and percentages are all the same thing. Being able to see it has really helped.

5.0 out of 5 stars execellent introduction for children to fractions, 13 Dec 2013
I bought this to help my son understand fractions better than I could explain them. When I bought this my son was 8 yrs old. I think it has given him a greater understanding of fractions and helped me explain them to him more simply.
I also use this for my daugter who is 6 yrs old. It has really helped them both and I would highly recommend this product to anyone with young children especially when doing homework. Amazon offer excellent value, packaging and service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for Dyslexics, 15 Nov 2010
M. Sullivan (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
I've purchased this item for my son who is dyslexic. Seeing the fraction's, decimals, percentages etc in 3D makes it easier for him to grasp. Early learning used to do these and don't any more. Their loss i feel.
Purchase the one that displays all three equivalencies, it will save you money.
Well worth investing in for all ages. A great educational tool

5.0 out of 5 stars Fraction tower, 27 Dec 2013
My daughter learned more in twenty minutes of getting these that she did in school.Wish i had bought this earlier would have saved a lot of tears,I would highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful, 2 May 2013
Karen (sussex, england) - See all my reviews
Bought for son to aid with SATS. He is a visual/kinetic learner so allowed him to get a concrete idea of abstract concept. He is now able to visualise the blocks in tests and this helps him feel confident about the answers he is writing. Would definatly recommend to anyone whos children (or they) are struggling with fractions/decimals. Solid construction, good colours. Arrived promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great visual aid, 8 Jan 2013
I used this to provide a visual demonstration of fractions and equivalents for a ten year old who just couldn't grasp how 1/12 could be smaller than 1/6. We had tried dividing a pie etc before but she just couldn't quite grasp the concept. However, the blocks help her understand why fractions with a larger denominator are smaller and also really helps with equivalent decimals.

4.0 out of 5 stars Visual learning Aid, 22 July 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have looked at these for a while, and decided to buy them at a great price. I bought some for my 7 year old nephew and for my 5 year old son. Both boys are advanced in maths, but thought that these displayed fractions, decimals and percentages in an easy to understand format.
My 5 year old has had fun joining them all together in towers and also, using different combinations to get them all to match the 1, 100%, unit.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 30 Nov 2013
I teach lower ability children and this really helps them to be able to visualise fractions. Even better that we can see the equivalent decimals and percentages.

Learning Resources Fraction Tower Equivalency Cube