Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£8.76+ £1.26 shipping

on 19 July 2004
Before purchasing 'Loft music' I had come to love Thea's 'Avalanche' and 'Songs from the Gutter'.
She is an outstanding talent and her albums have been subject to rave reviews of her songwriting abilities. To me, it is this songwriting skill that shines through on the other albums, to the point that it almost eclipses all else.
'Loft Music', however, showcases her fantastically mature voice, as she sings songs that we are already familiar with. I particularly love her renditions of 'Crazy Love' (Van Morrison) and 'Ever Fallen in Love with Someone' (Buzzcocks).
Because she's singing these songs in such a different way to her own material, it is pretty hard to recognise her voice at all.
A must for all Thea fans, if only to give a glimpse of another side of her abilities, and a must for any who appreciate good quality, heartfelt music.
on 3 February 2006
I've always had a strange fascination for covers and how the artist re-interprets them. Its rare, though, that an artist manages to make the song sound like their own yet here Thea manages to own every one of these songs. Taking us on a journey through the songs and artists that have shaped her musically, she brings her own unique vocal style and ability to each. My stand out track would be "The Old Laughing Lady", though the whole album is a joy, and, for the aufiophiles out there, very well produced. An excellent addition to her own works, more in the style of "Songs From the Gutter" or "Lipstick Conspiracies" than her more rocky "Avalanche" or "Burning Dorothy" albums and a showcase for her fantastic voice separate from her songwriting abilities showcased in her own albums.
on 3 February 2006
on 23 August 2012
As I said in reviewing her album From The Gutter, her voice is pleasant and capable but lacks individuality. Except in one very pleasant respect - her mildly English accent, which may seem strange to say, but what a change from the usual mock-mid Atlantic that most British singers lapse into. Here we have a selection - a good selection - of songs that she covers in an acoustic style. Some sound better like this, but not all. Again , nothing really grips me. It's nice enough but hardly spine-tingling. I found myself fast forwarding to find a track that really moved me,but never found one. Competent, I kept thinking.
on 3 December 2011
as a singer-songwriter/musician, I highly rate Thea Gilmore and then, on top of all her ability she has a knack of taking an already great song and producing a really excellent cover version
on 6 November 2015
This album was my introduction to the amazing talent that is Thea Gilmore. I walked into a record shop where it was playing and it only took two tracks for me to decide I had to buy it. A great selection of songs each performed in a way that's very different from the original but still captivates any listener. I love it.
on 30 January 2012
interesting new take on an eclectic list of song from various genres. "ever fallen in love" and "bad moon rising"in particular are excellent.a must for fans.
on 14 February 2013
I have just discovered Thea through her incredibly beautiful version of Ever Fallen In Love, on the strength of which I bought this album. I wasn't disappointed. For me, this is shiver up the spine wonderful.
on 5 January 2013
Why Thea / Nigel and the talented individuals they play with do not get more recognition I will never know. Went to a gig in Bristol recently - small cellar club packed out. Should be playing bigger venues
on 2 July 2012
Thea is one of the best talents in British music of our time. She has a wonderful voice with a moving depth. My collection of Thea Gilmore albums is growing and they are all just wonderful.